FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 27 MAY 2004 AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Ken Bamber -- from item 22

Cllr Gordon Bird

Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

Cllr Peter Hicks -- from item 10

Cllr David Miller

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

In attendance

Mrs Rita Bishop

Upnor Society

 

 

 

Item

Minute number

 

Action point

1

 

2004/5/50

 

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

Cllr Bird proposed that Cllr Coomber be Chairman for the year. This was seconded by Cllr Moore and there being no other nominations, Cllr Coomber was duly elected.

 

2

51

 

CHAIRMAN’S DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

Cllr Coomber signed his declaration of acceptance of office.

 

3

 

52

 

ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN

It was proposed by the Chairman and seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber that Cllr Bird be Vice Chairman for the year. There being no other nominations, Cllr Bird was duly elected.

 

4

53

 

VICE CHAIRMAN’S DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

Cllr Bird signed his declaration of acceptance of office.

 

5

54

 

APOLOGIES

Apologies for absence that were accepted by the Council were received from Cllrs Etheridge, Mrs Etheridge, Mrs Hoskin and Mason. Apologies for late arrival were received from Cllrs Bamber and Hicks. An apology for absence was also received from Mr Levy, Footpaths Officer.

 

6

55

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND ALTERATIONS TO THE REGISTER

None.

 

7

56

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

The Chairman said he wished to give a report before item 32.

 

8

 

APPOINTMENT OF COMMITTEES

 

57

a

Planning Committee

It was agreed members of the Planning Committee should be

The Chairman } ex officio

The Vice Chairman }

Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

Cllr Geoff Moore

Cllr David Miller

 

58

b

Finance Committee

The Chairman } ex officio

The Vice Chairman }

Cllr Ken Bamber

Cllr Gary Etheridge

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

Cllr Peter Hicks

Cllr Tom Mason

 

9

 

APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVES TO OUTSIDE BODIES

 

59

a

Rural Liaison Committee

The Chairman.

 

60

b

KAPC Medway Area Committee

Cllrs Gary Etheridge and Geoff Moore.

 

61

c

Police Liaison Committee

Cllr David Miller

 

62

d

Hall Management Committee

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

63

e

Board of Governors of Wainscott School

Ms Georgina Revell

 

64

f

CPRE Local Committee

Cllr Peter Hicks.

 

10

 

APPOINTMENTS TO OTHER POSTS

 

65

a

Footpaths Officer

Mr David Levy

 

66

b

Tree Warden

This post was vacant. The Clerk was asked to approach Mrs Marilyn Campbell of Lower Upnor.

 

RB

11

67

 

CHAIRMAN’S ALLOWANCE

The Chairman said there would be no Chairman’s Allowance during the year.

 

12

68

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 29 APRIL 2004

It was proposed by Cllr Bird, seconded by Cllr Miller and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 29 April 2004 be signed as a true record.

 

13

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

69

a

C/04/04/6a(7): Wainscott Road Post Box

Catherine Smith had not been able to use her influence to alter the decision and it was agreed that nothing more could be done.

 

14

 

FOOTPATHS

 

70

a

Representative’s Report

In Mr Levy’s absence, the Clerk gave his report. He apologised for not having attended the last meeting, he had been in hospital. Since he was discharged he had not been allowed to do anything, but expected to be able to continue in the near future. He had begun strimming before he was admitted to hospital and Mrs Williams had been carrying on in his absence. Both sides of the A289 had been done. He was aware the path at Four Elms Hill needed clearing by the steps and would do that as soon as he could.

 

As the Upnor Society Parish Liaison Representative was present, it was agreed to vary the order of the agenda.

22

 

UPNOR

 

71

a

Upnor Society Report

The Chairman suspended the meeting to enable Mrs Bishop to speak. Her report is annexed to these minutes.

The Chairman thanked Mrs Bishop and reconvened the meeting.

 
   

After discussion, it was agreed the Upnor Society could prune the large bush on the green at Lower Upnor. Other issues raised by Mrs Bishop’s report would be passed on to Medway Council where appropriate. The Clerk reported that he Upnor sign was nearly ready and it was agreed the unveiling of this could be part of the celebrations for the 800th anniversary of the London Stone.

 

72

b

Upnor Project

Cllr Moore reported on a meeting with Groundwork, who would put forward a timetable and proposals.

 

15

 

PLANNING

 
 

a

Applications

 

73

i

MC2004/1004: Upnor Sailing Club, Lower Upnor: Replacement of fixed causeway with floating pontoon

No objection.

 

74

ii

MC1999/5795: Land at Hollywood Lane: Reserved matters application, details pursuant to condition 6 – landscaping of central square

No objection.

 

75

iii

MC2004/1751: 17 High Street, Upper Upnor: New dwelling – revised drawings

The Clerk with advice from Cllr Moore was delegated authority to make a recommendation based on a comparison with the original drawings.

 

GM RB

76

iv

MC2004/0943 and MC2004/0982: Epsilon House, Laser Quay, Medway City Estate: Installation of air conditioning units

No objection.

 

77

v

MC2004/1105: 13 Hughes Drive, Wainscott: 2 storey side extension

No objection.

 
 

b

Decisions

 

78

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were received.

 
 

c

Appeals and Other Matters

 

79

 

The appeal decision as listed on Appendix A was noted.

 

80

d

Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 13 May

Noted.

 

81

e

Wainscott Development Strategy

The Chairman had not finished evaluating the Strategy and would report to the next meeting.

 

DC

16

 

FINANCE

 

 

82

a

Bank Balances

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

83

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

None.

 

84

c

Accounts for Payment

The accounts for payment (cheques 100831 - 101832) as listed in Appendix B were approved.

 

85

d

Subscriptions

None.

 

86

e

Training, Conferences and Seminars

The Clerk would be attending the next training day for AQA qualification on 11 June.

 

17

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

87

a

Temple School

In Cllr Mrs Etheridge’s absence, the item was deferred.

 

18

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

88

 

 

89

a

Recreation Ground

  1. The ground had been strimmed round the edge. The Leigh Road noticeboard had been broken and it had been reported that a youth had been using it as a football goal. Consideration would be given to moving it to a different position.
  2. Youth Project. A letter had been received from the Andy Doran on behalf of the Holly Road residents. After discussion it was agreed to proceed with the purchase of a monkey bar and to apply for grant funding.
 

 

90

91

b

Woodland, Lower Upnor

  1. The Clerk had asked Doug Coleman for the position re the planning permission in writing but had not had a reply.
  2. The Clerk had not yet received the report from Alan Brier.

 

RB

RB

19

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

92

a

Traffic Scheme, Brompton Farm Road/Hollywood Lane

No response had been received to the letter to John Edwards.

 

93

b

Road Scheme Wainscott Road/Benenden Road

The Chairman had heard nothing to report.

 

94

c

Stonehorse Lane

The Clerk had asked Doug Coleman for confirmation about the ownership of the boundary hedge and whether planning permissions would be required for the gates.

 

20

 

95

 

PARISH PLAN

The Chairman reported the letter had been circulated to most of the parish, except for 70 outlying properties. The letter had elicited two negative responses – the letter from Andy Doran and from Mr Shackleton of Wainscott Walk. The Chairman would respond. Positive responses had been received from Mr Williams of Jarrett Avenue and a lady in Brompton Farm Road.

 

21

96

 

LIGHTING

Nothing further to report.

 

23

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

97

a

Representative’s Report

 

The next meeting would be held on 16 June.

 

 

98

99

 

 

 

b

Projects

  1. Village sign for Upnor. The matter had already been discussed.
  2. Other Projects. The allocation for the current year had not yet been decided. Cllr Mrs Coomber said that the Memorial Hall Committee had obtained a Lottery grant towards the fitting of a toilet for the disabled and had applied to Medway Council for a grant for the balance. If this was refused, the Hall Committee might be coming to the Parish Council for more financial help.
 

24

 

KAPC/MAC

 

100

a

Representative’s report

The next meeting was on 16 June.

 

25

 

101

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

Cllr Mrs Coomber reported that the alterations to the windows would start the following week. She had been contacted by Robert Jeal who was starting up a new junior football team. Permission for use of the pitch had been given some time ago. He proposed to hold 3 matches each Saturday and wanted to use the hall’s kitchen facilities and to make more use of the hall.

 

26

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

102

a

Police Liaison Committee representative’s report

The next meeting was on 20 July. Cllr Miller commented on the official minutes of the meeting held on 20 April, which did not agree with what he said.

 

103

 

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

Cllr Miller said only one crime had been reported since the last meeting, a burglary in Miller Way. A talk on drugs had clashed with the last Liaison meeting and had been rearranged. A new watch for Hollywood Lane was being organised. Cllr Miller had received a telephone call from Mr Williams of Jarrett Avenue who had volunteered to help with distribution of the newsletter.

 

27

 

104

 

QUALITY PARISH COUNCILS

The slides of Rodney Williamson’s presentation had been copied to all councillors.

 

28

105

 

WEB SITE

Nothing to report.

 

29

 

CONSULTATION

 

106

a

Medway Rural Action Plan

No one was available to attend the meeting on 7 June. Cllr Bird would respond to the document.

GB

30

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

106

a

Access to Broadband on the Peninsula

The letter from Catherine Smith was noted.

 

31

107

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

7

 

108

 

BOUNDARY COMMISSION REPORT

The Chairman said that the report stated that the Medway constituency would be renamed Rochester and Strood. The Medway Council Chatham Central ward would transfer to the Chatham and Aylesford constituency and the Rochester South and Horsted ward would transfer to Rochester and Strood.

 

32

109

 

RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE PRESS AND PUBLIC

As no members of the press or public were present, it was not necessary to pass this resolution.

 

33

 

110

 

REVIEW OF CLERK’S SALARY

The Clerk withdrew for this item.

It was agreed to increase the hourly rate to £10.80 with immediate effect and the mileage allowance to increase to 40p per mile.

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.30 pm.

Return to Home page | Minutes Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ January 2005

Web site design and creation Clive Stanley Associates 01474 822676

Copyright © Frindsbury Extra Parish Council 2005