FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 22 SEPTEMBER 2005 AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD , WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Gordon Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

 

From item 9

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

 

From item 9

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

 

Items 1-9

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mr David Levy

Footpaths Officer

Items 1-7

Item

Minute number

 

 

Action point

 

 

1

 

197

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

on holiday

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Hicks and carried unanimously that this apology be accepted by the Council.

 

Apologies for late arrival were also received from Cllrs Etheridge and Mrs Etheridge and for early departure from Cllr Mason.

 

 

 

2

 

 

198

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND ALTERATIONS TO THE REGISTER

 

None.

 

 

 

3

 

199

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

Cllr Bird wished to raise a matter and this would be taken at the end of the meeting.

 

 

 

4

 

200

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 28 JULY 2005

 

It was proposed by Cllr Bird, seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 28 July 2005 be signed as a true record, subject to the following amendment:

 

Minute 153: Substitute “Cllr Filmer” for “Cllr Hicks” in second sentence.

 

 

5

 

200

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

6

 

201

 

MINUTES OF THE SPECIAL MEETING HELD ON 8 SEPTEMBER 2005

 

The minutes of the meeting held on 8 September 2005 were agreed and signed as a true record.

 

 

7

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

202

a

Representative's Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow Mr Levy to give his report.

 

Mr Levy said there appeared to be lack of interest from Medway Council. Footpaths were not being reinstated and the strimmer had not been repaired. Mr Levy had obtained the original head to the strimmer and had put it back on the machine. He would do the same for the other strimmer.

 

The Chairman thanked Mr Levy and reconvened the meeting.

 

The situation as reported by Mr Levy was discussed. Mr Levy was asked to prepare some points for the Clerk so that she could write to Robin Cooper, with copies to Cllrs Filmer and Mason. A vole of thanks was proposed by Cllr Hicks to Mr Levy and Mrs Williams for coping with a difficult situation.

 

 

8

 

UPNOR

 

 

203

a

Lower Upnor Car Park

 

It was reported there had not been any action on pruning the hedge at the entrance. The landlords of both public houses had agreed to be emergency key holders. Mrs Woolley had agreed to obtain keys from Keith Hanshaw. Cllr Moore suggested an additional notice detailing the car park hours and the emergency numbers should be put installed outside the car park.

.

 

204

b

Upnor Society Report

 

Mrs Woolley's written report was tabled and is appended to these minutes.

 

205

c

Environmental Enhancement Project

 

Titles and maps supplied by the Land Registry had been received from the Council's solicitor. Cllr Moore took these to tie up with the masterplan and to check for omissions.

 

 

9

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

206

i

MC2005/1733: 49 Iden Road , Wainscott: Single storey side extension

 

No objection.

 

207

ii

MC2005/1732: 39 Hertsfield Avenue , Frindsbury Extra: Construction of a 2 storey side/rear extension incorporating a garage (demolition of existing) and insertion of dormer windows to front and rear

 

No objection.

 

 

208

iii

MC2005/1728: 58 Higham Road , Wainscott: Garage conversion and conservatory

 

No objection

 

 

209

iv

MC2005/1753: W J King, Maritime Close, Medway City Estate: Upgrade the external appearance of the building by the addition of aluminium cladding

 

No objection

 

 

210

v

MC2005/1756: W J King, Maritime Close, Medway City Estate: Advertisement consent for illuminated signs

 

No objection

 

 

211

vi

MC2005/1781: Streetbroadcast Ltd: Anthony's Way, Medway City Estate: 6-sheet roadside internally illuminated poster display panels

 

It was proposed by Cllr Hicks, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and carried 9 for and 1 against, that the Council object as follows:

 

Frindsbury Extra Parish Council objects to this application. The signs are inappropriate. The Council also objects on road safety grounds. Members feel the panels would provide a distraction to drivers on Anthony's Way. Nearly all users of Anthony's Way are visiting businesses, many for the first time and it is already difficult enough for such drivers to find their destination. Drivers who are frequent users of the road will also be distracted by the signs, especially each time the advertisement displayed changes. Requests for signs elsewhere that are thought to be necessary are often turned down on road safety grounds, that they would be a distraction to motorists and add clutter to the roadside. The Council does not see that the proposed illuminated display panels would be an exception.

 

 

 

b

Decisions

 

 

212

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were received.

 

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

213

i

MC2003/1301: APP/A2280/V/05/1184530: Land at Vanguard Way and George Summers Close and east of Anthony's Way, Medway City Estate: Construction of park and ride car park with ancillary building; non food retail warehouse with ancillary builders yard; garden centre and car parking; and engineering and other works including land reclamation

 

An acknowledgement of the Council's additional comments had been received.

 

 

214

ii

MC2005/0671: Land both sides of Hoo Road , Wainscott: Outline application for residential development, health centre, retail facilities, parking facilities, open spaces, acoustic barrier, new access and landscaping.

 

 

 

The Chairman reported that this application would be going to Medway Council's Planning Committee on the following Wednesday. Brian McCutcheon's view was that the landowners would sell to one or more developers and he would suggest they open a dialogue with the Parish Council before submitting detailed plans. The Clerk was asked to write to Mr McCutcheon, referring to his conversation with the Chairman and expressing the concern that the Council needed to be consulted at every stage of the detailed application.

 

 

215

iii

SEERA Consultation

 

The Chairman reported that he had been informed by Brian McCutcheon that SEERA had reduced the numbers of houses, which should mean that no greenfield sites would be required. Consultation would now be mainly concentrated on employment. The consultation document was discussed, and it was agreed the Clerk would complete and return this. Further public meetings would be held on 6 October in Gillingham and on 11 October in High Halstow.

 

 

216

d

Minutes of the Planning Committee held on 8 September

 

Noted.

 

 

10

 

FINANCE

 

 

 

 

217

 

a

Bank Balances

 

•  The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

218

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

The cheques signed since the last meeting as listed on Appendix B were ratified.

 

 

219

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

The accounts for payment (cheques 100908 – 100913) as listed in Appendix B were approved.

 

 

220

d

Insurance Renewal

 

On receiving the insurance renewal notice, the Clerk was satisfied that cover was adequate. She had however sought clarification from Medway Council about insurance for the youth shelter and a request had been made for the Parish Council to add it to their policy. The Clerk was asked to obtain the cost of the premium and agenda the item for the next meeting.

 

 

221

e

Training and Seminars

 

•  KAPC Finance Day, 15 October. It was agreed the Clerk should attend at a cost of £45 + VAT, the cost to be shared with Allhallows and High Halstow Parish Councils.

 

 

11

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

 

221

a

Kent BCTV for Tree Warden Service

 

It was proposed by Cllr Hicks, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and agreed a grant of £100 be made under LGA 1972 Section 111: promotion of the local environment (cheque 101916)

 

 

12

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

222

a

Traffic Scheme, Brompton Farm Road/Hollywood Lane

 

The Chairman reported that a decision concerning roundels was awaited from the Department for Transport. It was suggested the request for installation of speed indicator devices could be revived. The Clerk reported that Stuart Hubert was no longer with Medway Council and it was agreed to pursue the matter through Robin Cooper.

 

 

223

b

Stonehorse Lane

 

In Cllr Bamber's absence, there was no report on the ownership of hedges and whether planning permission was needed to open gaps and install gates. Cllr Etheridge said that the resident had not tidied up or replaced the hedge and that it needed cutting back again. The Clerk said that she did not have the same working relationship with the current area warden that she had had with Lisa Allen.

 

 

13

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL'S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

224

 

 

225

 

 

a

Recreation Ground

 

•  General Maintenance. The Chairman had asked Mr Dingwall to cut the grass at the back of the hall. The new owner of 4 Burnt House Close had reported the fence was broken.
•  Access. Filmer Construction was waiting for the delivery of the gate before the work could take place.

 

 

 

 

226

 

 

 

 

227

b

Woodland , Lower Upnor

 

•  Wall, Margett's Place. The Chairman reported on a meeting of joint owners of the wall that the Council had facilitated. This had also been attended by the Council's independent building surveyor, who had subsequently advised that the council should seek legal advice. This was discussed and it was agreed not to do so for the time being.
•  Walnut and other trees. The arboriculturalist was paying a site visit the following week.

 

 

14

 

228

 

 

 

 

 

 

YOUTH

 

Youth Shelter light. The Chairman had asked an electrician to quote for fitting a light to the youth shelter. He had suggested and quoted for an alternative, the installation of a suitable light on a pole in the hall garden, angled to illuminate the shelter but not neighbouring properties. The price would be over £1,000 so two other quotations would need to be obtained. It was suggested MHS Homes could help.

 

229

 

•  Cllr Mrs Coomber reported that a meeting with Jenni Davis and colleagues from Medway Council, the Hall Committee and Parish Council had been arranged to discuss youth provision using the hall, plus possible improvements to the hall using Section 106 monies.

 

 

 

15

 

230

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

16

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

 

231

a

Representative's Report

 

The Chairman reported on the meeting held on 20 September. There had been a presentation on behalf of BP about a proposed wind farm on the Isle of Grain. A public exhibition would be held on 30 September. Martin Hall had given a presentation on the greenspaces strategy and the Ranscome Farm project. Mark Johnson had spoken on the Local Transport Plan. There was a proposal to buy a minibus for community use and volunteer drivers were sought. There had also been an update on the Rural Action Plan.

 

 

 

 

 

232

233

 

 

b

Projects

 

•  Spring Bulbs. Cllr Mrs Etheridge was organising delivery and planting.
•  Other projects. Cllr Mrs Etheridge said the “welcome” parish sign in Brompton Farm Road needed replacing.

 

 

17

 

KAPC/MAC

 

 

234

a

Representative's report

 

Cllr Moore reported on the meeting held on 21 September. Items discussed had been youth shelters and travellers in Cuxton who had purchased land on which they were now settling. There had also been a shooting incident on the permanent site.

 

 

18

 

235

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber reported that Mrs Archer had polished the floor. The Secretary's husband had undertaken some odd jobs.

 

 

19

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

236

a

Police Liaison Committee representative's report

 

Cllr Miller said the next meeting would be held in October.

 

 

237

 

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller said he had attended the Medway Neighbourhood Watch Association AGM. There had been no reported crimes since the last meeting. He had received warnings about burglaries in rural locations for antiques and various trading con-men.

 

 

238

c

Speed Watch

 

The Clerk had attended the launch in August and gave a brief explanation of the scheme. The Chairman of the Rural Liaison Committee was hoping to arrange a demonstration at the beginning of the Committee's next meeting. It was possible that the five parishes at the eastern end of the Peninsula would combine to operate the scheme and it was believed that Cliffe & Cliffe Woods Parish Council was also enthusiastic.

 

 

20

 

239

 

WEB SITE

 

The webmaster had provided an update: 3,412 visitor hits to date. June, July and August averaged 480 per month. Apart from the home page, the most popular pages were “About Frindsbury Extra Parish”, “Links”, “Walks” and “Sans Pareil”.

 

 

21

 

 

CONSULTATION

 

 

240

a

Medway Council Local Transport Plan

 

Document to be read by Cllr Etheridge.

 

 

241

b

Kent Minerals and Waste Development Framework

 

Received.

 

 

242

c

Gravesham Local Development Framework

 

Received.

 

 

243

d

Kent & Medway Structure Plan

 

Document to be read by Cllr Etheridge .

 

 

22

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

 

244

a

Local Works

Received.

 

 

23

 

245

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

3

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

 

199

a

Cllr Miller's “Mayor's Year” Video

 

Cllr Bird suggested an evening should be arranged for members to see Cllr Miller's video on Cllr Sue Haydock's year as Mayor. It was agreed this should be held after the Planning Committee meeting scheduled for Thursday 10 November.

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 10.45 pm

  


Return to Home page | Minutes Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 03 November 2005

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates 01474 822676

Copyright © Frindsbury Extra Parish Council 2005