FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 23 JUNE 2005 AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD , WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr Gordon Bird

Vice Chairman

In the Chair

 

Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

 

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mr David Levy

Footpaths Officer

Items 1-6

 

Mr Clive Stanley

Webmaster

Items 1-6, 19

 

Item

Minute number

 

 

Action point

 

 

1

 

109

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

 

Cllr David Coomber

on holiday

 

 

Cllr Ken Bamber

at a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

on holiday

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

attending a charity function

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Hoskin, seconded by Cllr Mrs Bird and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

 

 

2

 

 

110

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND ALTERATIONS TO THE REGISTER

 

Cllr Mason declared a personal interest in item 8a(ii), planning application for Wainscott Institute, as a Trustee of the Institute.

 

 

 

3

 

111

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

 

4

 

112

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 26 MAY 2005

 

It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 26 May 2005 be signed as a true record.

 

 

 

5

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

 

113

a

C/05/05/28a( 103 ): Standards Board Review of the Code of Conduct

 

It was noted that a response had been sent.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

114

a

Representative's Report

 

Cllr Bird suspended the meeting to enable Mr Levy to give his report.

 

Mr Levy had cleared stinging nettles on FP131. FP128 from Four Elms to Upchat Road had still not been reinstated and he had reported this for the second time. The stile at Islingham Farm by the pond needed repair. Clearing of FP128 from Islingham Farm to Four Elms had been completed. FP328 by Frindsbury Barn, FP121 from Anthony's Way to Manor Farm and both sides of the bypass had been cleared again. Upnor foreshore needed attention. Cllr Moore said that FP126A near the Royal Engineers yard in Lower Upnor was overgrown with nettles.

 

Cllr Bird thanked Mr Levy and reconvened the meeting.

 

 

As Mr Stanley was in attendance, it was agreed to vary the order of the agenda.

 

19

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

115

 

WEB SITE

 

Cllr Bird suspended the meeting to enable Mr Stanley to speak.

 

Mr Stanley said that Mr Levy had promised to let him have a summer walk. Up to 22 June the site had received 1,934 hits, with 388 in May. Kent County Council had set up a website for all Kent parishes, including those in Medway, giving a free page. Mr Stanley suggested the Council might like to take advantage of this, he could set it up and establish a link to the Council's own website.

 

Clllr Bird thanked Mr Stanley and reconvened the meeting.

 

The KCC website was discussed and it was agreed to proceed.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

 

116

a

Upnor Society Report

 

The Clerk read a report sent by the Chairman of the Upnor Society. A copy is annexed to these minutes. Cllr Mason referred to the difficulties with Taylor Woodrow that were expressed and said that in the end he thought there would be a legal dispute. The Clerk was asked to write to Robin Cooper, supporting the concerns of the Upnor Society.

 

 

 

 

 

RB

 

117

b

Upnor Project

 

•  Land ownerships. The Clerk had e-mailed Richard Carter, who had promised to submit a report for the July meeting.
•  Letter from Medway Yacht Club. It was agreed to assent to the Club's proposals.

 

 

 

 

•  Posts and chains round green at Lower Upnor . It was agreed to have these replaced. Cllr Mrs Hoskin had a detailed quotation and would pass this on to the Clerk.

 

 

BH

 

 

118

c

Retaining Wall, Margetts Place

 

Cllr Bird informed the Council about the meeting held with Mr Geoff Butler of 10 Margetts Place . After discussion it was agreed to commission an independent buildings surveyor to report on the state of the wall and the implications for the Council's land behind the wall.

 

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

119

i

MC2005/1093: 69 Lingley Drive , Wainscott: Conservatory

 

No objection.

 

 

120

ii

MC2005/1096: Wainscott Institute, Wainscott Road , Wainscott: Erection of 2m high palisade fence

 

No objection.

 

 

 

b

Decisions

 

 

121

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were received.

 

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

122

i

MC2005/0455: Land adjacent to 190 Brompton Farm Road : Detached house and garage

 

A site meeting would be held on Monday 27 June at 6pm.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

123

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

124

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

None.

 

 

125

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

The accounts for payment (cheques 100890 - 101891) as listed in Appendix B were approved.

 

 

126

d

Training, Conferences and Seminars

 

Inspecting Children's Playgrounds. It was agreed Cllr Etheridge should attend. (cheque 100892)

 

10

 

127

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

None

 

 

 

11

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

 

128

a

Traffic Scheme, Brompton Farm Road/Hollywood Lane

 

In the Chairman's absence, there was no update.

 

 

 

129

b

Stonehorse Lane

 

In Cllr Bamber's absence, there was no report.

 

 

 

12

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL'S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

 

130

 

131

 

 

a

Recreation Ground

 

•  The Clerk reported she had expressed her disappointment to Dick Dingwall on lack of action in the recreation ground.
•  Access. Cllr Etheridge reported on a meeting with Filmer Construction. A quotation was expected.

 

 

 

 

132

 

b

Woodland , Lower Upnor

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

13

 

133

 

YOUTH

 

It was understood Jenni Davis was seeking approval for funding for a youth development project and would be arranging a meeting with the Chairman, Clerk and a representative from the Hall Management Committee in due course.

 

 

 

14

 

134

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

15

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

 

135

a

Representative's Report

 

In the representative's absence, there was no report.

 

 

 

 

 

136

 

137

 

 

b

Projects

 

•  Hall windows and doors. These had been installed and the invoice was awaited.
•  Spring Bulbs. Cllr Mrs Etheridge and the Clerk had done a survey of areas throughout the parish that could benefit from the planting of spring bulbs. It was agreed that some bulbs could be ordered each year. It was understood Cllr Mrs Etheridge was exploring the possibility of using a young offenders' programme for planting them.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JE

16

 

KAPC/MAC

 

 

138

a

Representative's report

 

Cllr Moore had been on holiday and had not attended the last meeting. Cllr Etheridge said he never received details of the meetings, in spite of being the Council's other representative and had given up waiting, thinking the meeting started at 7pm and being unaware that the meeting had been due to start at 8pm. The Clerk would contact the Secretary.

 

 

17

 

139

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

In Cllr Mrs Coomber's absence, there was no report.

 

 

18

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

140

a

Police Liaison Committee representative's report

 

Cllr Miller said he had now received the minutes of the last meeting. The next meeting was on 19 July.

 

 

141

 

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller reported that older model Ford Fiestas were being stolen throughout the Medway area.

 

 

20

 

 

CONSULTATION

 

 

142

 

No documents received.

 

 

21

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

 

143

a

Defra - Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005

The Clerk would ask for this to be put on the agenda for a meeting of Clerks that was being held with the Monitoring Officer.

 

 

22

 

144

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

  

The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.53 pm


Return to Home page | Minutes Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 27 July 2005

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates 01474 822676

Copyright © Frindsbury Extra Parish Council 2005