FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 26 MAY 2005 AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Ken Bamber.......Items 1 - 15

Cllr Gordon Bird

Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird

Cllr Gary Etheridge

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge.....From item 17

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

Cllr David Miller

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

Item
Minute number     


1
2004/5/46

ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN

Cllr Etheridge proposed that Cllr Coomber be Chairman for the year. This was seconded by Cllr Bird and there being no other nominations, Cllr Coomber was duly elected.

2
47 CHAIRMANíS DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

Cllr Coomber signed his declaration of acceptance of office.

3
48 ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN

It was proposed by the Chairman and seconded by Cllr Mrs Hoskin that Cllr Bird be Vice Chairman for the year. There being no other nominations, Cllr Bird was duly elected.

4
49 VICE CHAIRMANíS DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE

Cllr Bird signed his declaration of acceptance of office.

5
50 APOLOGIES

Apologies for absence were received from

Cllr Geoff Moore on holiday
Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber Family reasons
Cllr Peter Hicks At a meeting of Medway Council

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

An apology for late arrival was received from Cllr Mrs Etheridge.

An apology for absence was also received from Mr Levy.

6
51 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND ALTERATIONS TO THE REGISTER

None.

7
52 ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

None.

8 APPOINTMENT OF COMMITTEES
53 a Planning Committee

It was agreed members of the Planning Committee should be

The Chairman } ex officio
The Vice Chairman }
Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird
Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber
Cllr Gary Etheridge
Cllr Geoff Moore
Cllr David Miller

54 b Finance Committee

The Chairman } ex officio
The Vice Chairman }
Cllr Ken Bamber
Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge
Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin
Cllr Peter Hicks
Cllr Tom Mason

9 APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVES TO OUTSIDE BODIES

55 a Rural Liaison Committee

The Chairman.

56 b KAPC Medway Area Committee

Cllrs Gary Etheridge and Geoff Moore.

57 c Police Liaison Committee

Cllr David Miller

58 d Hall Management Committee

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

59 e Board of Governors of Wainscott School

Ms Georgina Revell

60 f CPRE Local Committee

Cllr Peter Hicks.

10 APPOINTMENTS TO OTHER POSTS

61 a Footpaths Officer

Mr David Levy

62 b Tree Warden

Mrs Marilyn Campbell

11
63 CHAIRMANíS ALLOWANCE

The Chairman said there would be no Chairmanís Allowance during the year.

12
64 MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 28 APRIL 2005

It was proposed by Cllr Bird, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 28 April 2005 be signed as a true record.

13 MATTERS ARISING

65 a C/04/05/21b(43): Trafalgar Weekend

Cllr Miller proposed no action and this was agreed.

66 b C/04/05/22(44): Annual Parish Meeting

Nothing had arisen from the meeting that needed discussion.

14 FOOTPATHS

67 a Representativeís Report

In Mr Levyís absence, the Clerk gave his report. He had cleared about two thirds of FP119 from Islingham to Four Elms and would finish the following week. The farmer had still not reinstated the section from Four Elms to Upchat Road. Both sides of the by-pass had been cleared again. He thanked Mrs Williams for doing a good job.

15 UPNOR

68 a Upnor Society Report

In the absence of a representative, there was no report. The clerk stated that a cheque for £25 for use of the village sign as a logo had now been received but it had been made payable to the Arethusa Venture Centre. She had returned it for alteration to be made payable to the Parish Council as it was paid against an.invoice and an audit trail was necessary. In addition, it was for the Parish Council to decide to which local charity they wished to make a donation. It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and agreed that a donation be made to the Arethusa Venture Centre when the payment had been made to the Council

69 b Upnor Project

Nothing had been heard from the solicitor on land searches. The Chairman agreed to chase. Groundwork had sent a bill to the Arethusa Centre, which was part of the amount that had been agreed by the Council. The Clerk had asked Groundwork to invoice the Council.

16 PLANNING

a Applications

70 i MC2005/0847: 30 Grant Road, Wainscott: Single storey rear extension, new entrance porch and conversion of roof space over garage

No objection.

71 ii MC2005/0837: 31 Hertsfield Avenue, Frindsbury Extra: Erection of gates and fitting of railings to boundary wall

No objection.

72 iii MC2005/0833: 18 Galleon Way, Lower Upnor: Construction of conservatory to rear

No objection

73 iv MC2005/0899: 120 Jarrett Avenue, Wainscott: single storey extension to rear

No objection.

74 v MC2005/0911: GKR Scaffolding, 13 Arnolde Close, Medway City Estate: Palisade fencing

No objection.

75 vi MC2005/0930: W J King, Unit 11, Maritime Close, Medway City Estate: Construction of covered area to existing car park to create customer hand over area

No objection

76 vii MC2005/0978: Telcare, ď Beaufort House, Beaufort Close, Medway City Estate: Installation of air conditioning unit

No objection

77 viii MC2005/0980: 46 Cooling road, Frindsbnury Extra: Single storey rear extension and cross over to front

No objection

b Decisions

78 The decisions as listed on Appendix A were received.

c Appeals and Other Matters

79 i MC2005/0671: Land either side of Hoo Road: Outline application for residential and other development

The Chairman reported on the meeting he and the Clerk had had with Brian McCutcheon. Mr McCutcheon was aware of the anomalies in the application compared with the Local Plan and of the Councilís comments. He was still keen for the joint developers to undertake proper consultation with the Council and other local organisations before submitting a detailed application. It was confirmed the development should contain 25% social housing.

17 FINANCE

81 a Bank Balances

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

82 b Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

None.

83 c

Accounts for Payment

The accounts for payment (cheques 100890 - 101891) as listed in Appendix B were approved.

84 d Training, Conferences and Seminars

None

18
85 GRANT APPLICATIONS

None

19 HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

86 a Traffic Scheme, Brompton Farm Road/Hollywood Lane

The Chairman had spoken to Cllr Filmer, who had instructed the officers to apply to the Department for Transport to place 30 mph roundels in the road.

87 b Stonehorse Lane

As Cllr Bamber had left the meeting due to being unwell, there was no report on progress with establishing the ownership of the hedges. Cllr Mrs Etheridge said she had also asked but had had no response.

88 c B2000

The Chairman had received a letter from David Fulbrook about the B2000 and had responded agreeing the proposals.

89 d Bus Shelter Survey

The Chairman and Cllr Mrs Coomber would complete the questionnaire.

20 MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCILíS LAND AND PROPERTY
a Recreation Ground

90  i It was understood Dick Dingwall would be working in the Recreation Ground the following day. He would be reminded that the corner of Cooling Road needed attention. The Clerk was asked to contact Stuart Hubert over the plans to prevent vehicles from parking on the corner.

91  ii Access. Cllr Etheridge described a gate that would permit wheelchair access by means of a sensor. The firm he had contacted could not install. Fencing would also be needed. After discussion it was agreed to obtain quotations for supply and installation of all elements of the project.

92
b Woodland, Lower Upnor

Nothing to report.

21
93 YOUTH

The Chairman reported there had been problems with broken glass and litter. WPC Knight said the problems had been caused by youth displaced from the Darnley Road area by a dispersal order and not by local youths. WPC Knight and PCSO John Hucks would keep an eye on under age drinking. Clllr Etheridge said the young people he had spoken to were happy with the youth shelter and the behaviour was no longer malicious. The litter was discussed and it was agreed to ask Medway Council for a suitable litter bin

The Chairman said that at the meeting about the new developments, Brian McCutcheon had talked about youth. Section 106 money was still available from the earlier developments in Hollywood Lane. One proposal was to use the hall one evening a week for a youth club. Jenni Davis had also suggested an extension at the rear of the hall but the Hall Management Committee had not liked this idea. It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Mrs Etheridge and agreed that the Council write to the Committee, saying that the Council would support the idea of a youth club and emphasise Ms Davisís assurances that the young people would be properly supervised.

22
94 LIGHTING

Nothing to report.

23 RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

95 a Representativeís Report

The next meeting would be held in June.

b Projects

96  i Hall windows and doors. These were due to be installed during half term.

97  ii Spring Bulbs. It was proposed by Cllr Etheridge, seconded by Cllr Mrs Etheridge and agreed £250 be spent on spring bulbs. The Clerk was delegated to organise, with the assistance of Cllr Mrs Etheridge.

24 KAPC/MAC

98 a Representativeís report

The next meeting was in June.

25
99 HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

Cllr Mrs Coomber reported that Trevor Archer was the new Treasurer. Mrs Archer was considering polishing the floor. Cllr Mrs Hoskin reminded that there was a commitment to redecorate every seven years.

26 POLICE MATTERS

100 a Police Liaison Committee representativeís report

The next meeting was on 19 July. Cllr Miller said that Sgt Bownass was indeed a Sergeant, but when the Inspector was absent he stood in and dressed accordingly.

101 b Neighbourhood Watch

Cllr Miller reported on a burglary in Benenden Road.

27
102 WEB SITE

Nothing to report.

28
CONSULTATION

103 a Standards Board Review of Code of Conduct

The Clerk was delegated to make a response with the assistance of the Chairman, when Medwayís Standards Committee had met and discussed the subject.

29 CORRESPONDENCE
104 a Invitation to Kent Downs AONB Countryside Day

Received.

105 b Invitation to the Dedication Service for the Mayor

The Chairman had received an invitation but would be on holiday and unable to attend.

30
106 REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

31
107 RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE PRESS AND PUBLIC

As no members of the press or public were present, it was not necessary to pass this resolution.

32  REVIEW OF CLERKíS SALARY
108


The Clerk withdrew for this item.

It was agreed to increase the hourly rate to £11.15 with immediate effect and the mileage allowance to remain at 40p per mile.

The Chairman closed the meeting at 10.15 pm.


Return to Home page | Minutes Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 27 July 2005

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates 01474 822676

Copyright © Frindsbury Extra Parish Council 2005