FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 28 APRIL 2005 AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman.....Except item 8a(vi)

 

 

Cllr Gordon Bird

Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber .....Except item 8a(vi)

Cllr Gary Etheridge

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge.....From item 7b

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin.....From item 7b

Cllr Tom Mason

Cllr David Miller

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

Item
(2004/5/ Minute number)     


1
478 APOLOGIES

Apologies for absence were received from:


Cllr Ken Bamber, at a meeting of Medway Council.

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Bird and carried unanimously that this apology be accepted by the Council.

Apologies for late arrival were received from Cllrs Etheridge and Mrs Etheridge.

2
479 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND ALTERATIONS TO THE REGISTER

Cllrs Coomber and Mrs Coomber declared personal and prejudicial interests in item 8a(vi), planning application for land adjacent to 190 Brompton Farm Road, as living close to the site. Cllrs Bird and Mrs Bird declared personal interests in the same item, as living near the site but not so close as to have a prejudicial interest.

3
480 ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

None.

4
481 MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 24 FEBRUARY 2005

It was proposed by Cllr Bird, seconded by Cllr Moore and agreed the minutes of the meeting held on 24 February 2005 be signed as a true record.

5 MATTERS ARISING 482

No matters were raised.

6 FOOTPATHS

483 a

In Mr Levy’s absence there was no report.

7 UPNOR

484 a Upnor Residents Society Report

In the absence of a representative, there was no report. Cllr Moore reported that the Secretary of the Society had been in hospital for six weeks.

485 b Use of Village Sign as Logo

The Society had been informed of the Council’s decision and an invoice had been sent. With the news of the Secretary’s hospitalisation, it was felt not to be surprising that no reply or cheque had been received. Cllr Moore agreed to pursue the matter.

486 c Upnor Project

The Environment Agency had approved the project. The Council’s solicitor had been instructed to proceed with the necessary land searches.

487 d Frog Island

The Clerk reported that Dick Dingwall had had difficulty obtaining the tree of the species and size as indicated by Medway Council and that it would now have to wait until the autumn.

8 PLANNING

a Applications

488 i MC2005/0439: 4 Burnt House Close, Wainscott: Single storey front, side and rear extension to existing garage with pitched roof

No objection

489 ii MC2005/0441: 26 Hughes Drive, Wainscott: First floor pitched roof rear extension

No objection

490 iii MC1999/5795: Land at Hollywood Lane, Wainscott: Revised drawings showing alterations to landscaping

No objection

491 iv MC2005/0498: 18 Hawkenbury Rise, Frindsbury Extra: Change of use of garage to utility room/store

No objection

492 v MC2005/0434: Plot K3 George Summers Close, Medway City Estate: Renewal of planning permission MC2000/0143 for use of land as a highways maintenance depot, including the storage of salt and the siting of a portable office

No objection

Cllrs Coomber and Mrs Coomber, having declared personal and prejudicial interests in the next item, left the room and Cllr Bird took the chair.

493 vi MC2005/0455: Land adj to 190 Brompton Farm Road: Detached house and garage (re-submission MC2004/2279)

After discussion it was agreed the Council’s former objections to this application under MC2004/2279 be reiterated and additional comments made:

The drawings are inaccurate. The roundabout at the junction of Cliffe Road and Brompton Farm Road is directly opposite Stonehorse Lane. On the drawing it is shown further along Brompton Farm Road and there is no indication of the position of Cliffe Road.
There is a barrier at the entrance to Stonehorse Lane to prevent vehicular traffic entering the lane. This barrier is shown some way along the lane, to the benefit of the applicant. There is no mention that the applicant wishes the barrier to be moved from its present position to the position shown on his drawing.
When planning permission was being sought for the development that is now Hertsfield Avenue, a proposal that a vehicular entrance into the estate from Stonehorse Lane was disallowed. Since the building of the A289 Wainscott Northern by-pass, when Stonehorse Lane was cut into two sections, this part has been maintained for pedestrians and is used by dog walkers and the like. The barrier was installed to prevent vehicles using the lane. The Parish Council considers that were the barrier to be moved and access to this property be allowed from Stonehorse Lane, there would be a highway hazard as the roundabout was constructed on the basis that Stonehorse Lane would not be used by vehicles
The Parish Council is concerned at the apparent desire to create housing onto Stonehorse Lane. The applicant describes the proposed property as being no 1, Stonehorse Lane. It was the planning department that altered the description to "land adjacent to 190 Brompton Farm Road". If permission for this application were granted, it would lead to further applications for housing along the lane, which would be difficult to defend.
The only difference in the drawings submitted as MC2005/0455 is that the applicant shows he intends to move the barrier. The roundabout is still not shown correctly and there is no site plan showing the relationship to Cliffe Road or the western part of Brompton Farm Road. The applicant may not have called the application “1, Stonehorse Lane” on this occasion but it is marked as such on at least one of the drawings.
The Council also considers it to be backland development. The landscaping proposals and suggested traffic management scheme are not considered to be germane to the inherent principle of the construction of dwellings on Stonehorse Lane.
In conclusion the Council sees no difference in the applicant's intentions and remains opposed to the application.

The Cllr Coomber and Mrs Coomber returned and Cllr Coomber resumed the chair.

b Decisions

492 The decisions as listed on Appendix A were received.

c Appeals and Other Matters
493 i S E Plan

The Clerk was delegated to send a response, with the assistance of the Chairman and Cllr Etheridge.

494 d Minutes of the Planning Committee Meeting held on 10 March

Noted.

495 e Presentations on Planning by Medway Council

The copies of the slides used at presentations on “Planning and Parish Councillors” by Mark Bowen, Monitoring Officer and on “The Consideration of Planning Applications” by Grahame Gould, Chief Planning Officer were noted. Councillors were asked to keep them for future reference.

9 FINANCE

496 a Bank Balances

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

497 b Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

None

498 c Accounts for Payment

The accounts for payment (cheques 100876-100879) as listed in Appendix B were approved, together with £66.89 to British Telecommunications (cheque 100880), and £1,445.00 to A R Dingwall (Landscapes) (100881).

499 d Subscriptions

It was agreed to renew the subscription to KAPC, £1,020.00 from 1 April

500 e Training and Seminars

None

10 GRANT APPLICATIONS

501 None

11 HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

502 a Traffic Scheme, Brompton Farm Road/Hollywood Lane

The Chairman had received a letter from Brian Shawyer and had exchanged e-mails. He had copied in Cllr Filmer who had not as yet responded.

503 b Stonehorse Lane

The litter and growth was still the same and the arisings from the trees were still there. Cllr Miller said he had had a conversation with the Area Warden. The residents who had cut down the trees had said the trees were overhanging the garage and as nothing had been done they had cut them down. The Warden said Medway Council was in a difficult position as the trees had not been maintained. The Clerk was asked to contact Grahame Gould to say that the trees were cut down in order to build the garage, with a copy to the Warden. The Chairman had spoken to Cllr Bamber about the matter of Doug Coleman and the breaches in the hedge and establishment of gates.

12 MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

504 a Recreation Ground and Hedges

i Brompton Farm Road Hedge. There had been a commitment for the mature tree to be replaced. This remains to be done.


ii Access. Cllr Etheridge said there was a need to restrict motor bikes. He would investigate.

505 b Woodland, Lower Upnor

Nothing to report.

506 c Allotments

All except two plots were now let. The two unlet plots would require great effort to start with and nobody had wanted them. The Clerk had suggested they might like to make communal compost bins and it was agreed the timber would be reimbursed if they did so. It was agreed to join the National Association of allotment and Leisure Gardeners from 1 April. They would help with tenancy agreements and legal matters and could also supply seeds etc. The allotment holders would have to get together and make use of this through the Council.

13 YOUTH

507 a Shelter

This had been installed on 15 March. Cllr Wicks was keen on some sort of launch. The Clerk was asked to report a gap in the roof to the manufacturer.

508 b Goal Posts

These had also been installed on 15 March. The Clerk had requested the PCSO to ask the young people to continue to behave themselves.

14

509 LIGHTING

Nothing to report.

15 RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

510 a Representative’s Report

At the last meeting Brian McCutcheon had given a presentation on SEERA’s SE Plan and there had been items on travellers and a road bridge over the Medway, both submitted by Cuxton PC. There had been a report on the Local Transport Plan Framework and Review. Cllr Mike Swaby had resigned from the Standards Committee and would be replaced by Cllr David Warrington of St James’s Isle of Grain PC. Next year there would be 6 meetings, 3 at the Civic Centre and 3 hosted at parish venues, in June, September and January. Because of the availability of the main hall which would have to be used, the Council could only offer 6 June. It was understood that another parish had offered this but the Clerk was asked to contact Ellen Johns. The Rural Liaison Grant for the next year would be top sliced to help fund the PCSO. An open meeting followed, at which Mark Bowen and Grahame Gould made their presentations.

511

b Projects

Peter Bown would be indicating the amount left by 31 March. Projects for 2005/6 were discussed. The Chairman said the hall always needed money. Cllr Mason said the Hall Committee should review how the hall is let and managed. Cllr Mrs Etheridge said that the hall should not be allowed to deteriorate because it cost so much more to put right. This view was endorsed by Cllr Moore.

16 KAPC/MAC

512 a Representative’s report

Cllr Moore reported on the last meeting. The speaker had been Mark Johnson on the Rural Transport Plan. He wanted to attend meetings of all parishes. Both Stoke and Isle of Grain were interested in youth shelters. Cuxton had again mentioned travellers and Halling an increase of traffic on the A228. £82,000 had been raised towards replacing the Recreation Hall in High Halstow.

17

513 HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

Cllr Mrs Coomber reported that no meeting had been held. The new windows had been ordered from Warmer Windows. There had been several applicants for Treasurer. Sources of funding in money and in kind were discussed.

18 POLICE MATTERS

514 a Police Liaison Committee representative’s report

Cllr Miller said the next meeting was on 14 April.

515 b Neighbourhood Watch

The Strood ward councillors Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinators meeting had been held on 25 February. A police constable had recently been appointed to the area. Co-ordinators raised various points but were advised to contact Area Warden John Scott. The new computer was still not running properly. There had been thefts of cars in Brompton Farm Road, where keys had been stolen from houses. A theft of a van had also been reported in Wainscott Road. The van had in fact been removed as abandoned by Medway Council. The annual conference would be held on 16 April. Wayne Court had been fenced around all houses. The Medway Act was now in force, which made all kinds of things illegal. The Chairman said that one resident of Brompton Farm Road was asking if his neighbours would be interested in starting a Watch.

19

516 WEBSITE

Nothing to report.

20 CONSULTATION

517 a Standards Board – Review of Code of Conduct

The Chairman would report after the Standards Committee had met in April.

21

518 CORRESPONDENCE

None received.

22

519 ANNUAL PARISH MEETING

The date was set for Monday 23 May.

23

520 REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.



The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.05 pm


Return to Home page | Minutes Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 17 May 2005

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates 01474 822676

Copyright © Frindsbury Extra Parish Council 2005