FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 24 FEBRUARY 2005 AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Gordon Bird

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

Cllr Gary Etheridge

Cllr David Miller

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

In attendance

Mr David Levy

Footpaths Officer

Item
(2004/5/ Minute number)     


1
425 APOLOGIES
Apologies for absence were received from:


Cllr Ken Bamber, at a meeting of Medway Council
Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird, indisposed
Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge, at a meeting of Medway Council
Cllr Peter Hicks, at a meeting of Medway Council
Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin, indisposed
Cllr Tom Mason, at a meeting of Medway Council

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

2
426 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND ALTERATIONS TO THE REGISTER

Cllrs Coomber, Mrs Coomber and Bird declared personal interests in item 8a(vii), planning application for 241 Brompton Farm Road, as neighbours.

3
427 ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

None.

4
428 MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 27 JANUARY 2005

It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and agreed the minutes of the meeting held on 27 January 2005 be signed as a true record.

5
MATTERS ARISING

429 a C/01/05/18(388): Website: Cllr Miller reported that information about the ship “Sans Pareil” was on the website and he would thank the webmaster.

6 FOOTPATHS
430 a Representative’s Report

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow Mr Levy to give his report.

Mr Levy reported that Kent Messenger newspapers were being dumped on FP 129. Medway Council was in contact with the Kent Messenger over it. Houses in Leigh Road had taken the buffer zone into their gardens and rubbish was now being thrown over the fence. Mr Levy had reported this and would monitor the situation. FP121 the Upnor foreshore had been cleared. The stile on FP119 to Islingham Farm by the pond needed repairing. Some paths were not clearly marked and he was compiling a list for Vivienne Kent.

The Chairman thanked Mr Levy and reconvened the meeting.

7 UPNOR
431 a Upnor Residents Society Report

In the absence of a representative, there was no report.

432 b Use of Village Sign as Logo

The Upnor Residents Society had formally applied to use a photograph of the village sign as their logo. After discussion, it was proposed by the Chairman and seconded by Cllr Bird that permission be given. Cllr Etheridge proposed an amendment that they be asked to pay £25 per year and that this be given to a local charity. This was seconded by Cllr Miller and being put to the vote, carried unanimously.

433 c Upnor Project

The application for approval had been made to the Environment Agency.

434 d Traffic Calming

The Upnor Residents Society had not supported the Council’s view on the position of a “Village Gateway”. A reply had been received from Taylor Woodrow. The work would go ahead as planned but they would give consideration to painting a 30 mph roundel in the road.

435 e Frog Island

Stuart Hubert had now suggested a replacement tree and had indicated where it should be planted. It was agreed Dick Dingwall be asked to action this before the end of the planting season.

8 PLANNING
a Applications

436 i MC2005/0201: Scotline Terminal, Sir Thomas Longley Road, Medway City Estate: Part infill of garage space to extend existing ground floor office and ramp to front

No objection

437 ii MC2005/0198: Units 1,2 3, Kendon Business Park, Medway City Estate: New security fence and gates 2.4m high between units 3 and 4

No objection

438 iii MC2005/0218: Cheema House, Arnolde Close, Medway City Estate: Extension to front of building forming a lobby at ground floor level and a waiting room at first floor level

No objection

439 iv MC2005/0245: 13 Arnolde Close, Medway City Estate: Change of use from truck maintenance depot to storage (Class B8)

No objection

440 v MC2005/0279: 221 Frindsbury Hill, Frindsbury: Extension to side of property, new pitched roof over existing rear extension

No objection

441 vi MC2005/0298: 12 Marden Road, Wainscott: Retrospective application for the construction of access ramp and handrails to front elevation

No objection

442 vii MC2005/0313: 241 Brompton Farm Road, Frindsbury Extra: side extension

No objection.

b Decisions

443 The decisions as listed on Appendix A were received.

c Appeals and Other Matters
444 i S E Plan

A public meeting arranged by Medway Council would be held on 7 March. It was agreed to wait for Medway Council’s view before formulating a response. In the meantime, Cllr Etheridge agreed to study the document.

445 ii MC2004/2852: 41 Rolvenden Road, Wainscott: 2 storey rear, single storey front and side extensions

This application had been approved by the Development Control Committee on 26 February.

446 iii MC2005/0047: 26 Guinness Drive, Wainscott: part conversion of garage to form habitable room

This application had been approved by the Development Control Committee on 26 February.

9 FINANCE
447 a Bank Balances

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

448 b Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

None

449 c

Accounts for Payment

The account for payment (cheque 100874) as listed in Appendix B was approved.

450 d Subscriptions

None.

451 e Training and Seminars

The Clerk reported on a KAPC seminar on the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts. The Council should register under the Data Protection Act and she would obtain the forms.

10
GRANT APPLICATIONS

452 a Medway Youth Summer Scheme

Jenni Davis had asked for financial help towards the cost of running a youth summer scheme in the Memorial Hall during the first week of the summer holidays. After discussion it was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Bird and agreed the Council would pay the rent for the Hall and the Hall Treasurer should invoice the Council direct.

11 HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT
453 a Traffic Scheme, Brompton Farm Road/Hollywood Lane

The Chairman had e-mailed Keith Hanshaw, with a copy to Cllr Filmer. This had been passed on to other officers and the Chairman would ask Cllr Filmer to investigate.

454 b Stonehorse Lane

The Area Warden had promised everything would be attended to. The Chairman would ask Cllr Bamber to continue pursuing the matter of the ownership of the hedge and the installation of gates.

455 c Letter from Tom Calvert

Mr Calvert’s letter was received. It was agreed to invite him to speak at the Annual Parish Meeting.

456 d Medway New Local Transport Plan

This was a report on what had been adopted in the first Plan and whether the objectives had been achieved.

12 MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY
457
a Recreation Ground and Hedges

The Frittenden Road hedge had been pruned. Pruning of the Brompton Farm Road hedge had been put on hold as replanting had occurred but was thought to be inadequate and Stuart Hubert was to investigate. It needed weeding as well as pruning. Cllr Etheridge asked that reduced access to the Recreation Ground be put on the agenda for the next meeting.

458
b Woodland, Lower Upnor

The only trees subject to tree preservation orders were the three walnuts.

459 c Allotments

A large number of applications for the vacant plots had been received. It had been discovered that one of the holders who had given up had been occupying two plots but had only been charged for one. The situation needed regularising and the Clerk had arranged a site meeting with current and prospective plot holders for 5 March.

460 d Notoiceboards

The noticeboard in Wainscott Road had been vandalised and subsequently repaired. All boards had new padlocks and key holders were the Chairman, Cllrs Hicks and Moore and the clerk.

13 YOUTH
461 a Shelter

This would be installed on 15 March. WPC Wendy Knight had asked if there would be a launch event and this had been passed on to Geoff Waters.

462 b Goal Posts

These would also be installed on 15 March.

463 c Meeting with Jenni Davis

The Chairman reported on the meeting with Miss Davis, which had largely been fact-finding.

14
464 LIGHTING

Nothing to report.

15 RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE
465 a Representative’s Report

The next meeting was on 15 March.

466
b Projects

Nothing to report.

16 KAPC/MAC
467 a Representative’s report

The next meeting was on 16 March.

17
468 HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

Cllr Mrs Coomber reported that the Treasurer had now resigned and that she now had the books. The post had been advertised but there had been only one applicant, who had been unsuitable due to lack of transport. She had ordered two small ramps, which were the same price as one large one. They would be delivered the following day cash on delivery and payment of £414 to RMS was authorised (cheque 100875). Quotations for the windows were: Willsons, £3,800 inc VAT and Warmer Windows £2,500 + VAT. It was proposed by Cllr Bird seconded by Cllr Etheridge and agreed unanimously that the Council meet the cost of the windows up to £3,300 out of the Rural Liaison Grant and that the Hall Committee should decide on the contractor. Cllr Mrs Coomber also reported that the auditor had also resigned but Cllr Bamber had agreed to carry out the audit.

18 POLICE MATTERS
469 a Police Liaison Committee representative’s report

Cllr Miller referred to the last meeting and said the police inspector who had attended was Jerry Bownas. The next meeting was in April.

470
b Neighbourhood Watch

There had been two incidents in February, both burglaries. The Strood ward councillors had invited Neighbourhood Watch co-ordinators to a meeting on 25 February.

19
471 WEBSITE

The website had received 428 hits so far.

20
CONSULTATION

472 a ACRK – Rural Community Opinion Survey

Received.

473 b Environment Agency Floodscape – Public Consultation Event 1 March

Noted.

474 c Justices’ Licence

An application had been made for an off-licence for a new Freshfields store in Galleon Way. No objection.

475 d Standards Board – Review of Code of Conduct

Deferred.

21
476 CORRESPONDENCE

None received.

22
477 REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.



The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.05 pm.


Return to Home page | Minutes Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 7 April 2005

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates 01474 822676

Copyright © Frindsbury Extra Parish Council 2005