FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email: clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 26 NOVEMBER 2009
AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm


C/10/2008/1-23

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

From item 7c

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

 

Items 1 - 15

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

 

 

 

Cllr Geoffrey Moore

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Georgina Revell

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mrs Wendy Williams

Assistant Footpaths Officer

 

Item

Minute number 2009/10

 

Action point

 

1

 

299

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

At another meeting

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

At another meeting

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

An apology for late arrival was received from Cllr Mrs Coomber and for early departure from Cllr Etheridge.

 

An apology for absence was also received from Mr David Levy, Footpaths Officer.

 

 

2

 

CODE OF CONDUCT

 

 

300

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

None.

 

 

301

b

Standards Committee

 

No meeting had been held.

 

 

3

 

302

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

4

 

303

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 22 OCTOBER 2009

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Hoskin, seconded by Cllr Miller and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 22 October 2009 be signed as a true record.

 

5

 

304

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

6

 

305

 

 

FOOTPATHS

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to enable Mrs Williams to give her report.

 

Mrs Williams said she had nothing to report – the footpaths were all clear and passable. She said that a brown Labrador dog had been seen more than once loose on the B2000 near FP 118.

 

The Chairman thanked Mrs Williams and reconvened the meeting.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

306

a

Upnor Residents Association

 

Cllr Moore said that the Association was holding a Quiz Night on 28 November.

 

 

307

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

Cllr Hicks reported on the last meeting of the partners. The Profile had been finalised. A reply had been received from the Planning Authority on issues over the submission of the landscaping plan for the village green. It was agreed to proceed with this and to pay the fees necessary.

 

 

308

c

Frog Island Pond

 

The e-mail from the Dickens Country Protection Society was discussed. Cllr Mrs Revell volunteered to be the Parish Council’s representative on the group and this was agreed.

 

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

309

i

MC/09/2253: Units 23-24 Riverside Estate, Sir Thomas Longley Road, Medway City Estate: Erection of a 2m high perimeter fence with sliding gates.

 

No Objection

 

 

310

 

Out of Time

 

The responses to the out of time applications as listed on Appendix A were ratified.

 

 

 

b

Decisions

 

None notified.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

311

i

Manor Farm

 

Cllr Hicks said that Mr Roberts would be giving a pre-application presentation to Medway councillors. The Chairman had visited the exhibition.

 

 

312

ii

Plot 1, Anthony’s Way

 

The letter from Sainsbury’s was received. Cllr Hicks said that they would be asked to give a pre-application presentation to Medway councillors. The Clerk had also asked for a pre-application presentation to Parish councillors, as long as a planning officer was present.

 

 

313

iii

Land Securities Chattenden Development

 

Cllr Hicks and the Clerk had visited the latest exhibition.

 

 

314

iv

Crest Nicholson Wainscott Development - Medical Facilities

 

The Chairman reported on his conversations with the Marshlands Medical Practice and the Planning Officer. The Senior Partner had shown him a plan, indicating the surgery and pharmacy but with only 10 parking spaces, which would have to be shared with the school drop-off facility and visitors to the housing development. . The Planning Officer had said that any application would have to be submitted by the Primary Care Trust. The Chairman had responded his understanding was that the Trust could not afford to build the centre and were dealing with the developer who would provide the buildings and charge rent after a rent-free period of about 5 years.

 

 

315

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

316

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

317

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

The cheques drawn since the last meeting as listed on Appendix B were ratified.

 

 

318

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Mrs Archer and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101272 – 101273) as listed in Appendix B be approved, with the addition of £375 and £75, D Godden (cheques 100274, 100275);  £100, Robert Emby (101276) and £106, Society of Local Council Clerks (100277).

 

 

 

 

319

320

d

Finance Committee Meeting

i   The next meeting would be held on 30 November

ii   It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber and agreed that Cllr Mrs Revell be co-opted onto the Finance Committee.

 

 

10

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

 

321

a

Victim Support

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed that a grant of £100 be made under S 137 of the LGA 1972 (cheque 101278).

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

322

 

 

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

i   General Maintenance. The pruning of the hedges was in hand. The contractor was waiting for suitable weather to take machinery onto the bank in Brompton Farm Road. Cllr Miller raised the matter of a sign about bylaws in the Recreation Ground. Cllr Hicks said he had been speaking to a member of the legal team at Medway Council and bylaws made prior to 1998 were still in force. The officer was undertaking research into the actual bylaws made.

ii   Football Pitch. The field had not been cut and Rochester Rangers had been in danger of their match being disallowed by the referee. Green Acre Landscapes had cut the upper pitch as an emergency and at very short notice. The Clerk had reported the problem to the head of Greenspaces at Medway Council, who was investigating why the field had no been cut and who had promised to reimburse the Parish Council for the cost of the emergency cut. The contractor had charged £75. He had reported that he had found the outer gate to the field from Miller Way secured by a combination padlock instead of the usual padlock and he had had to lift his mover over the kissing gate at the Holly Road entrance. It was agreed that access was needed at all times, not only for contractors but also emergency vehicles. The Chairman would speak to Marshlands Medical Practice.

 

 

333

b

Allotments

 

Nothing to report

 

 

334

c

Woodland

 

The tree surgeon had been asked to carry out the work, subject to the convenience of the resident of 8 Margett’s Place.

 

 

12

 

335

 

YOUTH

 

The future of the Youth Club was in doubt due to funding issues.

 

 

 

13

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

336

a

Higham Road

 

Cllr Hicks reported that the matter had been referred to the developer for an alteration of the S 106 funding for traffic calming, to divert the funds to Higham Road. This would be ratified by the Development Control Committee.

 

 

337

b

Stonehorse Lane

 

The Highways Inspector’s e-mail was received. It was agreed a copy be sent to Mrs Masey for her information.

 

 

 

RB

338

c

Traffic, Medway City Estate

 

Amanda Hurrell’s correspondence was discussed. Cllr Hicks said that improvements were being planned. He would contact Ms Hurrell as one of the Medway ward members and speak to her about it.

 

 

 

PH

339

d

Lower Upnor

 

Just before the start of the meeting, an e-mail had been received from a resident of Lower Upnor. He had complained that an earlier highway matter of concern to him had not been responded to by Medway Council, although the Clerk had forwarded his complaint to the Highways Manager. He also questioned the fence erected by Taylor Wimpey at the Sandacres site. Cllr Hicks said he would investigate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PH

14

 

340

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

15

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

341

a

Police Liaison Committee representative’s report

 

Cllr Miller reported on the last meeting. No crime statistics had been available. There had been thefts of garden ornaments in Hoo and a problem with youths throwing stones at passing cars in Isle of Grain.

 

 

342

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller reported there had been a burglary during the day in Niven Close. Cllr Mrs Archer praised the local police for their actions when her daughter had left her house open by mistake.

 

 

16

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

343

a

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said the next meeting was on 30 November.

 

 

344

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

The planning application had been submitted.

 

 

17

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

345

a

Representative’s Report

 

The Chairman reported on the last meeting. Presentations had been made by National Grid; English Heritage; Land Securities; Toni Rouillier and John Hucks on antisocial behaviour; Valley of Visions; Medway Credit Union; E-on Fund and on the Local Transport Plan. John Hucks had been trained to use a speed gun and 40 tickets had been issued on the B2000. Cllr Hicks had commented on the turnover of PCSOs. The extra sums to be bid f£5,750 for the storage cupboard (retrospective) and new noticeboards.

 

 

 

 

346

 

 

347

348

349 

 

 

350

b

Projects

 

i   Wainscott Village sign. The Clerk had visited Forge Engineering, the manufacturer of the Upnor sign that morning and given them a set of drawings. Cllr Hicks said it was important the Wainscott sign matched the Upnor sign and was of the same high standard and he proposed that standing orders and financial regulations be suspended to allow the sign to be commissioned from the same manufacturer. This was seconded by the Chairman and agreed.

ii   Seat, Frittenden Road. Installed.

iii   Memorial Hall. Ongoing

iv   Other projects from 2009/10 allocation. It was agreed that the balance of the grant be spent on the Lower Upnor Riverside Project. As progress was dependent on obtaining planning consent for the village green landscaping scheme, the Clerk would speak to Peter Bown about transferring any unspent funds to the scheme.

v   Noticeboards. It was agreed the Clerk be delegated to select and order replacement noticeboards for Wainscott Road, Leigh Road, Upnor at the top of the High Street, and new ones for the Liberty Park Development and the Memorial Hall. The money for the one on the Memorial Hall would come from the grant allocation for 20010/11.

  

 

 

 

 

 

RB

 

RB

18

 

KALC/MAC 

 

 

351

a

Representatives’ Report

 

Cllr Moore reported he and Cllr Miller had attended the AGM. The Head of Planning at KCC had given a good presentation, but it had been of little relevance to representatives from the Medway area.

 

 

19

 

WEBSITE

 

 

352

a

Webmaster’s Contract

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed the contract be renewed.

 

 

353

b

Website Review

 

The Clerk reported on her meeting with the Webmaster to review the website. It would be refreshed with a new look.

 

 

20

 

354

 

CONSULTATION

 

No documents received.

 

 

21

 

 

CORRESPONDENCE

.

 

355

a

NATS - Terminal Control North Update

 

Received.

 

 

22

 

356

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.45 pm

 

 


Up to: Top of Page | Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Published ~ 18 December 2009

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2009 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council