FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email: clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 26 MARCH 2009
AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm


[ DRAFT Minutes -- to be approved at the next Meeting ]

C03/2009/1-24
 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

 

Items 17b,c,  7-16, 18-24

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

 

Items 17b,c,  7-16, 18-24

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

 

Items 12-16, 18-24

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mrs Wendy Williams

Assistant Footpaths Officer

 

PCSO Sean Brooks and colleague

 

Item

Minute number 2008/9

 

Action point

 

1

 

488

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin      

Family commitment

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason   

On holiday

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council. An apology for absence was also received from David Levy, Footpaths Officer.

 

Apologies for late arrival were received from Cllrs Archer, Mrs Archer and Mrs Etheridge.

 

 

2

 

CODE OF CONDUCT

 

 

489

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

None.

 

 

490

b

Standards Committee

 

No meeting.

 

 

3

 

491

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

Cllr Etheridge wished to report on a meeting that he had attended which had been organised by the Environment Agency.

 

 

4

 

492

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 26 FEBRUARY 2009

 

It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Miller and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 26 February 2009 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

493

a

C/02/09/3a(487): Annual Parish Meeting

 

Due to the need to change the date and availability of the hall, the Annual Parish Meeting (Annual Assembly) would now be held on Tuesday 19 May.

 

 

6

 

 FOOTPATHS

 

 

494

a

Representative’s Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow Mrs Williams to give her report.

 

Mrs Williams said that Mr Levy had investigated the purchase of a strimmer/brushcutter and had identified 2 different models. Mr Levy was of the opinion that either model would be suitable. She had nothing else to report.

 

The Chairman thanked Mrs Williams and reconvened the meeting.

 

The two models of strimmer were discussed. A Stihl was £485.22 and a Sumaiwa was £394.98. It was proposed by Cllr Etheridge, seconded by Cllr Moore and agreed unanimously that the Sumaiwa model be purchased.

 

 

As PCSO Brooks and his colleague were present, it was agreed to vary the order of the agenda.

 

17

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

495

a

PCSO Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow PCSO Brooks to give his report.

 

PCSO Brooks gave the statistics over the last 12 months for Strood Rural. Most crime was down, although violence against the person had risen by 0.8%. There had been complaints about parking obstructions. The Upnor Residents Association had complained about obstructions in Galleon Way but as the road remained unadopted and was in the ownership of the developer there was nothing the police could do. Cllr Miller said that at the last meeting he had mentioned a parked van causing an obstruction in Iden Road. There had been suspicious activity in Gill Avenue, with youths hanging round cars. Youths had been throwing stones from Grasmere Grove towards houses in Cooling Road. Cllr Hicks commented that boys from Temple School had been in a garden in Chartwell Close and that the time of year was approaching when motor bikes would appear in Lower Upnor. The Chairman asked for coverage at the hall on Youth Club nights and in the school holidays. PCSO Brooks said there was a need to redefine policing priorities. He was also considering whether he should move his surgery to Hilltop School. He would be involved in the Wainscott and Hilltop Schools’ fairs.

 

The Chairman thanked PCSO Brooks and reconvened the meeting.

 

 

496

b

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Miller reported that Inspector Robin Wharfe had been replaced by Inspector Simon Alland. The next meeting was on 21 April.

 

 

 

 

497

c

Neighbourhood Watch Report

 

Cllr Miller said there had been a theft of a classic car at Cypress Court. Thefts of cars were being made by low loaders with cranes on the back.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

498

a

Upnor Residents’ Association

 

Cllr Moore said the last meeting had been cancelled.

 

 

499

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

Cllr Hicks said that the Environment Agency had been satisfied by the survey undertaken by Martin Hall and would not object to the application. The Clerk had instructed the Planning Consultant to resubmit. He was working on budgets for funding. He was investigating the substitution of custom-built replacement toilets with an automated one.

 

The quotation from Groundwork for a soft landscape design for the green was discussed. As it was for over £1,000 alternative quotations would have to be sought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

500

i

MC2008/2014: 243 Brompton Farm Road: Rear extension – revised drawings

 

No objection, subject to no objections from neighbours.

 

 

501

ii

MC2009/1536: Crest Nicholson development, Wainscott: Phases 2 and 3 reserved matters application

 

No objection.

 

 

 

b

Decisions

 

The decision as listed on Appendix A was noted.

 

 

502

i

MC2009/0094: McDonalds Restaurant, Anthony’s Way, Medway City Estate

 

Noted.

 

 

503

ii

MC2007/1904: Sandacres, Upnor Road, Lower Upnor: Construction of 35 dwellings – revised drawings

 

Cllr Hicks reported that the application for 36 dwellings on the Sandacres site in Lower Upnor had been granted on amended drawings. There would be limited traffic calming, with only one restriction built and priority would be given to traffic coming from the built up part of the village. The access would not be in the same place as at present and visibility would be improved. S 106 monies would be available for the parish, to be used for open spaces, sports provision and teenage play facilities.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

504

i

Manor Farm

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

505

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

506

e

Minutes of the Meeting of the Planning Committee held on 11 March

 

Received.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

507

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

508

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

None

 

 

509

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Etheridge, seconded by Cllr Moore and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101207 - 101210) as listed in Appendix B be approved, with the addition of £88.57, British Telecommunications (1012113); £51.07, Hilltop School PTA (101212); £25 Hilltop School (101213) and £520, D Godden (101214).

 

 

10

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

510

a

Frindsbury Extra Memorial Hall

 

It was confirmed the amount of the provisional grant made at the meeting held on 26 February was £1,333.76.

 

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

511

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

The Clerk had asked Greenacre Landscapes to attend to the weeds and mow the grass at the rear of the hall.

.

 

 

 

 

512

b

Allotments

 

The Chairman reported that the groundworks contractors approached by Bob Beckey of AMMS did not have diggers small enough to go through the gate and they would have to hire in a smaller machine, negating any savings. After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed unanimously that the original quotation from AMMS be accepted.

 

 

 

513

c

Woodland, Lower Upnor

 

The Clerk reported that there had been a request from a resident that the bushes at the rear of 32 Brissenden Close be trimmed back. Greenacre Landscapes had quoted £120 for this, to be done in July when birds were no longer nesting. The resident of 8 Margetts Place was worried about the oak trees at the rear of her property and the Clerk had asked Laverock Tree Care to look at them.

 

 

 

 

 

12

 

514

 

QUALITY PARISH COUNCIL

 

Cllr Moore reported that the working group had met the Chairman of Boxley Parish Council, who had just renewed their accreditation. The group would meet again and would put a report together, which would be put to the Parish Council in due course.

 

 

13

 

515

 

ANNUAL PARISH MEETING

 

The change of date had been dealt with under item 5a. The Clerk would contact the speaker.

 

 

 

RB

14

 

 

YOUTH

 

516

a

Container/Youth Shelter

 

Cllr Etheridge said he would contact Cllr Ribbons to visit the company he had been speaking to.

 

 

 

GE

15

 

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

517

a

Direction Sign for Memorial Hall

 

It was suggested that the Highway Authority be asked to erect a directional sign on Hollywood Lane at the junction with Holly Road, indicating the Memorial Hall. Cllr Hicks said that the rules on use of the ward improvement fund were being relaxed and he might be able to use some of his allocation for a sign.

 

 

16

 

518

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

18

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

519

a

Representative’s Report

 

The Chairman reported on the meeting held on 24 March. There had been an update on the rural housing needs survey. The survey would shortly be distributed in Upnor. The system had changed for the rural liaison grant. £75,000 had been allocated for each of three years. Of this £40,000 would be distributed on the formula basis and the remaining £35,000 would be available for parishes to bid for. Brian McCutcheon had given a presentation on the Local Development Framework. The meeting had been followed by the annual open meeting. Speakers had been the rural crime co-ordinator, Land Securities on the Chattenden development and representatives of the Farrell/Medway Renaissance joint venture on a vision for the Peninsula.

 

 

 

 

 

 

520

 

521

b

Projects

 

i   Wainscott Village sign. The Clerk reminded Cllr Hicks he had promised to supply a map so that the planning application could be made.

ii   Youth facility. Ongoing.

 

 

PH

19

 

KALC/MAC 

 

 

522

a

Representatives’ Report

 

Cllr Moore said the next meeting was at then end of April.

 

 

 

 

20

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

523

a

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said there had been a meeting. They were waiting for the floor to be sanded and sealed. Cllr Archer said they had been asked if an audio loop could be installed.

 

 

524

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

The Chairman reported that the surveyor was still working on the plans.

 

 

21

 

525

 

WEBSITE

 

The Webmaster’s report was tabled:

 

The hit counter now registers 606 visitors since 12 January 2009.   This is a heartening number of visitors to the website as there are many ways of finding the website through links from Medway Council, KCC, BBC Kent, KALC, Wikipedia and other peninsula parish council web site pages.   

Recent updates to the Parish website have included a link through to bus and public transport travel information, The Villager excursion bus trips details as well as the usual PC Minutes and Agenda. 

With the upcoming planned development of the old RSME site at Lodge Hill, Chattenden, the council may wish to inform parishioners of any exhibitions or other details.

 

 

22

 

526

 

 

CONSULTATION

 

No documents received.

 

 

23

 

527

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None received.

 

 

24

 

528

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

3

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

 

 

529

a

Environment Agency Presentation

 

Cllr Etheridge reported on the presentation by the Environment Agency that he had attended. The Agency had a duty to provide spawning areas, salt marsh and wetlands. They had not mentioned where they would find the land that would be allowed to flood.

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.58 pm

  


Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Revised ~ 17 April 2009

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2009 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council