FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email: clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 23 JULY 2009
AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm


C/07/2008/1-24
 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

Items 1 – 8a

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

 

From item 4

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

  Cllr Brenda Hoskin    

 

Cllr Tom Mason

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mrs Wendy Williams

Assistant Footpaths Officer

 

1 member of the public

 

 

Item

Minute number 2009/10

 

Action point

 

1

 

156

 

APOLOGIES

 

An apology for absence was received from

 

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

Indisposed

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Moore and carried unanimously that this apology be accepted by the Council.

 

An apology for late arrival was received from Cllr Mrs Etheridge and for early departure from Cllr Mrs Coomber.

 

 

2

 

CODE OF CONDUCT

 

 

157

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

No declarations of interest were made. Cllr Miller said he needed to update his register of interests as he was no longer a poppy appeal organiser. The Chairman proposed a vote of thanks for his work over the years.

 

 

158

b

Standards Committee

 

No meeting.

 

 

3

 

159

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

4

 

160

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 25 JUNE 2009

 

It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Mason and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 25 June 2009 be signed as a true record, subject to the following amendment:
Minute 142: final sentence to read “There had been an incident of young people on the recreation ground who had been drinking beer from glasses and one youth on the roof of the hall.”

 

5

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

 

161

a

C/06/09/5a(112): Frindsbury Hall Nursing Home

 

The Chairman said he had received information that 34 residents were now on the electoral register.

 

 

162

b

C/06/09/6(113): Greenfields Boot Fair

 

Cllr Hicks reported on a meeting he had had with Robin Cooper on 30 June. It appeared the planners were now of the opinion that the accesses to the field and signs required permission. Mr Cooper had written to the landowner’s agents about the possibility of serving an enforcement notice. Officers believed there were two options, either to serve an enforcement notice or for Highways to block the accesses onto the highway.

 

 

6

 

163

 

GORDON BIRD

 

The Chairman reported the death on 9 July of Gordon Bird, a member of the Council 1991-2007 and latterly until his retirement the Vice-chairman. Members stood for a minute’s silence in his memory. Some members and the Clerk had attended his funeral that afternoon. It was proposed by Cllr Hicks, seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber and agreed that a donation be made to the Wisdom Hospice in his memory. The donation made under S137 of the LGA 1972 (cheque 101246). Cllr Mrs Etheridge said that she was donating some of her ward improvement fund to Temple Mill School, where Mr Bird had been a Governor, towards the library, which was to be named in Mr Bird’s memory. She asked that future consideration be given to making a grant towards this project and also to Hilltop School, where he had also been a Governor, should they do anything similar.

 

 

7

 

164

 

 

FOOTPATHS

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow Mrs Williams to speak.

 

Mrs Williams reported that all paths were passable. She said that David Levy was putting up notices concerning dogs.

 

The Chairman thanked Mrs Williams and reconvened the meeting.

 

 

8

 

UPNOR

 

 

165

a

Upnor Residents Association

 

Cllr Moore said that the Association’s meeting would be held on 28 July. He reported that residents were unhappy about the boot fair. They now had a new website and Clive Stanley would be asked to get in touch with them.

 

 

166

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

Cllr Hicks said that Martin Hall of Greening the Gateway Kent & Medway had found funding to produce a “Project Profile”. Catherine Smith was arranging a meeting of the partners and other interested parties. He and the Clerk had had a site meeting with Robert Emby and a representative form All Seasons Landscapes about the hard landscaping on the green.

 

 

9

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

167

i

MC2009/0879: ASD Transport, Neptune Close, Medway City Estate: Use of land as a transport and or open storage (site A) and extension to bus/coach depot and vehicle MOT centre (site B) with installation of 2.4m high perimeter fence.

 

No objections

 

 

168

ii

MC2009/0890: 2 The Bays, Hoo Road, Wainscott: Removal of existing conservatory and erection of larger replacement conservatory

 

No objection, subject to no objections from neighbours

 

 

169

iii

MC2009/0881: Unit B10 Centre Court, Sir Thomas Longley Road, Medway City Estate: Change of use from office (Class A2) to beauty Salon (Sui Generis)

 

No objection.

 

 

170

iv

MC2009/0904: 10 Hollywood Lane, Wainscott: Retrospective application for a garden building for storage etc

 

Cllrs Coomber, Moore and Hicks declared personal interests as they were acquainted with the architect.

 

After discussion it was agreed the Council had no objection, subject to there being no objections from neighbours in Hollywood Lane and Higham Road.

 

 

171

 

Out of Time

 

The response to the out of time application as listed on Appendix A was ratified.

 

 

172

b

Decisions

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were noted.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

173

i

Manor Farm

 

The brochures outlining Walter Roberts’s latest thoughts were received. Cllr Hicks said a planning application was likely to be submitted in September.

 

 

174

ii

MC2008/1923 Appeal ref APP/A2280?A/09/2108668/NWF: 2-8 Cooling Road, Frindsbury

 

Agreed not to send any further response.

 

 

175

iii

Crest Nicholson “Liberty Park” Development

 

Cllr Hicks reported that Medway Council’s Development Control Committee had refused the recent application for an alteration of numbers and mix of dwellings.

The developer wanted a meeting so they could re-submit in a form that was likely to be acceptable. He would attend that meeting.

 

 

176

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

10

 

FINANCE

 

 

177

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

178

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

None

 

 

179

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mason, seconded by Cllr Archer and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101239 – 101245) as listed in Appendix B be approved.

 

 

180

d

Subscriptions

 

It was agreed to renew the subscription to the Open Spaces Society.

 

 

11

 

181

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

None.

 

12

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

182

 

 

a

Recreation Ground

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

183

b

Allotments

 

Nothing to report

 

 

184

c

Woodland

 

The Clerk reported that the arboriculturalist had been asked to survey the trees at the rear of 8 Margetts Place.

 

 

185

d

Land at junction of Cooling Road and Brompton Farm Road

 

It was agreed the Parish Council should discontinue litterpicking this area, as it was the responsibility of Medway Council.

 

 

186

e

Seat at Frittenden Road

 

One of the seats on Frittenden Road was broken and could not be repaired. It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Mrs Etheridge and agreed the seat be replaced by a new metal one.

 

 

13

 

187

 

QUALITY PARISH COUNCIL

 

Cllr Moore said that it was hope to hold a meeting of the working group in September.

 

 

14

 

YOUTH

 

 

188

a

Container/Youth Shelter

 

i     Investigation progress. Cllr Mrs Etheridge said that Cllr Etheridge had not been able to contact Cllr Ribbons. Cllr Mason proposed a vote of thanks to Cllr Etheridge for the work he had done to date.

ii     Proposal by Cllr Mason that the Council should not proceed further. Cllr Mason’s proposal was seconded by Cllr Mrs Archer. The Chairman proposed an amendment, that the Council should not proceed any further for the foreseeable future. This was seconded by Cllr Hicks and carried by 8 votes for and 1 against.

  

 

15

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

189

a

Higham Road

 

It was noted that Mrs Hughes had collected signatures for a petition to Medway Council. This would be forwarded to Cllr Hicks.

 

 

 

 

16

 

190

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

17

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

191

a

Police Liaison Committee representative’s report

 

Cllr Miller said he had attended the PCSO surgery. PCSO Sean Brooks was on a course. Cllrs Hicks and Mrs Etheridge reported they had been invited to the task team west area launch.

 

 

192

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller reported there had been the theft of a car in Lingley Drive and a burglary in Hollywood Lane.

 

 

18

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

193

a

Representative’s Report

 

No meeting.

 

 

 

 

194

 

195

196

 

 

b

Projects

 

i     Wainscott Village sign. The Clerk would be submitting the planning application shortly..

ii     Youth project. Discussed under item 14.

iii    Other projects. It was agreed to fund the new bench in Frittenden Road from the grant. It was also agreed to divert the amount set aside for a youth project to the Memorial Hall, together with the balance of the rolled over amount and the current year’s allocation.

 

 

19

 

KALC/MAC 

 

 

197

a

Representatives’ Report

 

No meeting.

 

 

20

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

198

a

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Mrs Archer said that at the last meeting she had been elected Chairman.

 

 

199

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

The Chairman said that he had put the surveyor’s suggestion about provision of a toilet for the disabled to the Hall Management Committee. They had agreed the plans at their subsequent meeting. The estimated cost would be £10,000 which it had been agreed under item 18b(iii) would be partly met by the balance of the rural liaison grant. He proposed that an application be made for the rest from the £40,000 extra funding rural liaison grant. He would ask the surveyor for a break down of costs and ask that his fee be included.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DC

21

 

200

 

WEBSITE

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

22

 

201

 

CONSULTATION

 

No documents received.

 

 

23

 

 

CORRESPONDENCE

.

 

202

a

Action with Communities in Rural Kent Notice of AGM

 

Received.

 

 

24

 

203

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.25 pm

 

  


Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Published ~ 26 September 2009

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2009 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council