FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email: clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 23 APRIL 2009
AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm


      C04/2009/1-24 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

 

items 7 – 17

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

From item 7a

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

 

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mr Joseph Young

Fuse Upnor

 

Mrs Wendy Williams

Assistant Footpaths Officer

 

Item

Minute number 2009/10

 

Action point

 

1

 

1

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge      

indisposed

 

 

Cllr Paul Ribbons   

Work commitment

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Moore and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council. An apology for absence was also received from David Levy, Footpaths Officer.

 

Apologies for late arrival were received from Cllrs Etheridge and Hicks and for early departure from Cllr Etheridge.

 

 

2

 

CODE OF CONDUCT

 

 

2

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

None.

 

 

3

b

Standards Committee

 

The next meeting was scheduled for the following week.

 

 

3

 

4

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

4

 

5

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 26 MARCH 2009

 

It was proposed by Cllr Archer, seconded by Cllr Miller and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 26 March 2009 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

6

 

 FOOTPATHS

 

 

6

a

Representative’s Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow Mrs Williams to give her report.

 

Mrs Williams said that all footpaths were passable at present. The strimmer was still on order.

 

The Chairman thanked Mrs Williams and reconvened the meeting.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

 

 

The Chairman suspended the meting to allow Joseph Young of Fuse Upnor to speak.

 

Mr Young said he was helping to organise the Fuse Upnor Festival, which was supported by the Arts Council. He had been asked to make a piece about Upnor as part of the proposed World Heritage site. The festival would be free to local residents and take place in open spaces. He would be arranging workshops based on “A call to arms” to reflect Upnor’s military and industrial history and was aiming to create an alternative parish map. The workshops would run on four weekends leading up to the event itself on 14 June. He was looking for storage space for his materials.

 

The Chairman thanked Mr Young and reconvened the meeting.

 

 

7

a

Upnor Residents’ Association

 

Cllr Moore said he understood that 4 officers had resigned and that the AGM was the following week.

 

 

 

 

8

 

 

9

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

i     Cllr Hicks reported on the recent meeting which had been attended by Catherine Smith and Martin Hall. Their input had been useful. The planning application was being re-submitted.

ii     Landscape scheme for green. A quotation of £350 had been received from Robert Emby to draw up a scheme. It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber and agreed this be accepted.

 

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

10

i

MC2009/0479: Crest Nicholson “Liberty Park” development – revised drawings

 

After discussion, it was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Moore and agreed to object as follows:

 

 

 

Frindsbury Extra Parish Council objects to this application. At the public inquiry for the local plan the Inspector allowed development on this site for 280 units. Following acquisition of the site by Crest Nicholson up to 450 units were originally proposed but were finally reduced to 375. This application is now increasing that number by 7. There may in the future be another similar application, further increasing the number of units, which would be difficult to resist if this application was granted. The Parish Council accepts that permission has been given for 95 more units than were in the Local Plan (an increase of 34%) but considers that to be the finite number for this development.

 

In addition the Parish Council is of the opinion that to increase the number of 2 and 3 bed units at the expense of larger family 4 bed units is a reaction to the present economic climate that will compromise the ability in the future of residents to acquire larger properties as their families grow and is also detrimental to the social mix of future residents in the parish.

 

 

11

ii

MC2009/0458: 117 Cooling Road, Frindsbury: Single storey side and rear extension demolition of shed

 

No objection, subject to no objection from neighbours.

 

 

12

iii

MC2009/0439: Castle Autos, Wainscott Road, Wainscott: Screen to car wash area

 

No objection, subject to no objection from neighbours.

 

 

13

b

Decisions

 

The decision as listed on Appendix A was noted.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

14

i

Manor Farm

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

15

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

16

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

17

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

The cheque drawn since the last meeting as listed on Appendix B was ratified.

 

 

18

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Etheridge, seconded by Cllr Moore and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101217 - 101222) as listed in Appendix B be approved, with the addition of £360, D Godden (101223).

 

 

19

d

Subscriptions

 

It was agreed to continue in membership of the Kent Association of Local Councils and Action with Communities in Rural Kent.

 

 

10

 

20

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

No applications received.

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

21

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

The Clerk reported on her meeting with Nancy Austin of Rochester Rangers and Nick Hunt of Borstal 88. Both clubs would send fixture lists when arranged by their league.

The Clerk would arrange for the goal mouths to be filled in with top soil and reseeded and for the edge of the basketball area to be filled in at the same time.

  

 

 

 

 

 

RB

 

 

22

b

Allotments

 

The Clerk reported that the extra taps and piping had now been installed. The allotments were fully let.

 

 

 

23

c

Woodland, Lower Upnor

 

The Clerk had not heard from Laverock Tree Care about the trees at the rear of 8 Margetts Place.

 

 

 

 

 

12

 

24

 

QUALITY PARISH COUNCIL

 

Cllr Moore said the report of the working group was not yet ready.

 

 

13

 

25

 

ANNUAL PARISH MEETING

 

The Clerk reported that she had discovered that Brian Goodhew would not have been the speaker on the Medway Queen on the original date for the Annual Parish Meeting. As Mr Goodhew had impressed Cllr Moore when he had heard him speak, it was agreed not to invite the substitute speaker for the rearranged meeting and to keep Mr Goodhew in mind for another occasion.

 

 

14

 

26

 

FRINDSBURY HALL NURSING HOME

 

The Chairman explained he had discovered residents of the nursing home were not included on the electoral register. He had informed the electoral registration officer, who had written more than once to the home but the residents were still disenfranchised. He proposed that the Parish Council write to the Managing Director of the care home company. This was seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed.

 

 

15

 

27

 

GREENFIELDS BOOTFAIR

 

The Parish Council had been copied in to correspondence between Medway Council, the MP and Frindsbury and Wainscott Community Association. After lengthy discussion, it was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber and agreed by 8 votes for and 2 against, to write to the Church Commissioners.

 

 

16

 

 

YOUTH

 

28

a

Container/Youth Shelter

 

Cllr Etheridge said had had no response from Cllr Ribbons. He would now contact the company he had identified and invite them to visit the recreation ground.

  

 

 

GE

17

 

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

29

a

Higham Road

 

The letter from Debbie Hughes on behalf of her mother was discussed. Cllr Hicks said he would contact Mrs Hughes as a Medway councillor.

 

 

 

PH

30

b

Direction Sign for Memorial Hall

 

Cllr Hicks said a directional sign would be installed at the end of Holly Road.

 

 

31

c

Road Surfaces

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said the road surfaces in Jarrett Avenue, Povey Avenue, Hilltop Road and Benenden Road were non-existent.

 

 

18

 

32

 

LIGHTING

 

Street light HHS025 outside 78 Holly Road was out.

 

 

 

 

19

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

33

a

PCSO Report

 

No report had been received.

 

 

34

b

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Miller reported on the meeting held on 21 April. There had been no police presence at first; they had been called out to an incident of youths on a village hall roof. The general discussion had been about parking, speeding and youth.

 

 

 

 

35

c

Neighbourhood Watch Report

 

Cllr Miller said there had been no crime reports There had been a presentation in Maidstone on fly-tipping.

 

 

20

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

36

a

Representative’s Report

 

No meeting had been held.

 

 

 

 

 

 

37

 

38

b

Projects

 

i     Wainscott Village sign. The Clerk reminded Cllr Hicks he had promised to supply a map so that the planning application could be made.

ii     Youth facility. Ongoing.

  

 

 

PH

21

 

KALC/MAC 

 

 

39

a

Representatives’ Report

 

Cllr Moore said the next meeting was the following week.

 

 

 

 

22

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

40

a

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said they had not had a meeting. The floor had now been resealed.

 

 

41

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

The Chairman said that he would be speaking to the surveyor. The S 106 money was not yet in the Parish Council’s bank account and the Clerk would speak to Catherine Smith about this.

 

 

 

 

RB

23

 

42

 

WEBSITE

 

No report.

 

 

24

 

CONSULTATION

 

 

43

a

Managing Flooding

 

The Chairman had received a document from Brian McCutcheon.

 

 

25

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

 

44

a

Public Sector Equality

 

Received.

 

 

26

 

45

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.35 pm

  


Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Published ~ 03 June 2009

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2009 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council