FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email: clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

 

C10/2008/1-23

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 23 OCTOBER 2008
AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr Geoff Moore

Vice-chairman

In the chair

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mrs Wendy Williams

Assistant Footpaths Officer

 

Item

Minute number 2008/9

 

Action point

 

1

 

261

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

Cllr David Coomber

On holiday

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

On holiday

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

Family commitments

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

At a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Archer, seconded by Cllr Moore and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

An apology for absence without reason was received from Cllr Paul Ribbons. An apology for absence was also received from Mr David Levy, Footpaths Officer. An apology for late arrival had been received from Cllr Peter Hicks.

 

Note: Following the meeting it was discovered that Cllr Hicks had arrived but had been unable to gain admittance to the Memorial Hall.

 

 

2

 

CODE OF CONDUCT

 

 

262

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

None.

 

 

263

b

Standards Committee

 

Cllr Coomber’s written report was tabled:

 

We had a Standards Committee meeting on 8th October. Apart from the standard preliminaries, there were only 2 items on the Agenda:-

2.   Assessment Criteria.

         We considered and approved an assessment criteria, against which each MC Standards Committee Referrals Sub-Committee will asses new complaints, and decide what action, if any, to take

2.   Media Protocol.

          We considered and approved a proposed media protocol, ie how the media enquiries should be handled.

 

3

 

264

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

4

 

265

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 25 SEPTEMBER 2008

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mason, seconded by Cllr Mrs Archer and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 25 September 2008 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

266

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

267

a

Representative’s Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to enable Mrs Williams to speak.

 

Mrs Williams reported all footpaths were passable. The second strimmer was now back from repair.

 

The Chairman thanked Mrs Williams and reconvened the meeting.

 

The timing of the purchase of a new strimmer, which had been agreed at the last meeting, was discussed. It was agreed it should be bought in the spring. Mr Levy and Mrs Williams were asked to investigate a suitable model.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

268

a

Upnor Residents’ Association

 

Cllr Moore reported the next meeting was on 30 October.

 

 

269

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

It was agreed to defer this item until Cllr Hicks had arrived.

 

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

270

i

MC2008/1629: Lower Upnor Riverside: Outline application for environmental enhancement scheme including demolition and relocation of public conveniences, relocation of recycling bins, replacement street furniture, repair and upgrading to path, lifting gate and bridge, boardwalk, information boards and associated landscaping

 

No comment, as the Council’s own application.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

271

ii

MC2008/1904: Sandacres, Upnor Road, Lower Upnor: Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of 35 dwellings with garages and associated parking (resubmission of MC2008/0077) – revised drawings

 

It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Archer and agreed to object as follows: 

 

 

 

 

Frindsbury Extra Parish Council objects to this application.

 

The Parish Council continues to consider that 35 houses on this site is too many and there would be over-intensification of the site.

 

The current application wishes to provide an answer to Medway Council's tree officers' concerns for the removal of trees. The Parish Council continues to consider the "Nature Reserve" (as indicated on the first application for 9 houses on this site, submitted by the previous owner of the site) important and wishes to see the entire area retained, which the permission for 9 houses would provide.

 

The proposed highways works, building out into Upnor Road with priority indicators, would affect the amenity of Cormorant House and Normandie House, whose access onto Upnor Road is immediately opposite. The ensuing width restriction of Upnor Road would make difficulties for wide or long vehicles, especially for members of both the Medway Yacht Club and Upnor Sailing Club towing trailers with boats and for coaches accessing the Arethusa Venture Centre.

 

The Parish Council remains very concerned about the width of the proposed estate road, combined with the lack of parking provision in an area very poorly served by public transport. The drawing showing a refuse vehicle takes no account of the cars that will inevitably be parked on the road, effectively making it a single track road.

 

 

272

iii

MC2008/1663: Land either side of Hoo Road, Wainscott: Revised application for approval of Phase I reserved matters (external appearance) pursuant to outline permission MC2005/0671 (as amended by MC2007/0032) for the construction of 86 units.

 

No objection.

 

 

273

iv

MC2008/1675: 125 Hollywood Lane, Wainscott: Double storey side extension

 

No objection.

 

 

274

v

MC2008/1662: Rochester Waste Transfer Station, Clipper Close, Medway City Estate: Replacement of existing litter netting

 

No objection.

 

 

275

b

Decisions

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were noted.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

276

i

Manor Farm

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

277

ii

Copies of Applications

 

The Clerk reported there was still no response from Robin Cooper, but Cllr Hicks was taking the matter up.

 

 

 

PH

278

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

279

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

280

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

None.

 

 

281

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Archer, seconded by Cllr Mrs Archer and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101170 – 101176) as listed in Appendix B be approved, with the addition of £8.50, KALC (101177).

 

 

282

e

Finance Committee Meeting

 

The Chairman reported that a budget and precept for the year 2009/10 had been discussed and would be recommended to the next meeting of the Council.

 

 

10

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

 

283

a

Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal

 

Cllr Miller declared a personal interest, as a member of the Royal British Legion. It was proposed by Cllr Mason, seconded by Cllr Archer and agreed a grant of £200 be made under S137 of the LGA 1972. (cheque 101178)

 

 

284

b

St Dunstan’s

 

it was proposed by Cllr Miller, seconded by Cllr Mason and agreed a grant of £50 be made under S137 of the LGA 1972 (cheque 101179).

 

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

285

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

i.  General Maintenance. Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

286

b

Allotments

 

The Clerk reported that all plots were now occupied, with the exception of the triangular shaped area at the far end and that there was a waiting list. Cllr Mason said he had received a complaint from one allotment holder about rats and overgrown plots. The Clerk said she was well aware of Mr Lane’s complaints and was trying to resolve them.

 

 

 

287

c

Woodland, Lower Upnor

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

 

12

 

 

YOUTH

 

288

a

Youth Club

 

In Cllr Ribbons’s absence, there was no report.

 

289

b

Container/Youth Shelter

 

In the absence of both Cllr Etheridge and Cllr Ribbons, there was no report.

 

 

290

c

Anti-social Behaviour outside the Memorial Hall

 

Members commented on the anti-social behaviour of young people they had witnessed outside the hall on arrival for the meeting. From time to time during the meeting the disturbance had been heard. At this point the Clerk telephoned PC Fallon and left a message.

 

 

13

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

291

a

Traffic Calming

 

Cllr Coomber’s written report was tabled:

 

I met with David Warner (Medway Council, Highways) last Friday regarding the £20k (Wainscott Road & Higham Road) and £70k (Brompton Farm Road & Hollywood Lane) S106 traffic calming monies due from the Liberty Park developments. I made a few suggestions, and he and his colleagues will look at how best to spend these sums, and revert with proposals.

 

 

 

 

 

14

 

292

 

LIGHTING

 

Cllr Miller referred to the light in Rolvenden Road that he had reported on at the last meeting. It should have been dealt with but was still faulty.

 

 

 

 

15

 

POLICE LIAISON

 

 

293

 

PCSO Report

 

In PCSO Brooks’s absence, there was no report.

 

 

294

b

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Miller said the next meeting was in November. He had received the minutes of the last meeting.

 

 

 

 

295

c

Neighbourhood Watch Report

 

There had been the theft of a wing mirror from a van in Rolvenden Road. Otherwise there had been community messages concerning thefts of satellite navigation systems and bogus caller incidents.

 

 

16

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

296

a

Representative’s Report

 

In the absence of both Cllrs Coomber and Hicks, there was no report.  

 

 

 

 

297

b

Open Meeting

 

Councillors were reminded of the open meeting to be held on Thursday 30 October at 6 pm in the Community Centre at Chattenden.

 

 

 

 

298

299

 

c

Projects

 

i.   Wainscott Village sign. On-going.

ii.  Youth provision. No progress.

 

 

17

 

KALC/MAC 

 

 

300

a

Representatives’ Report

 

Cllr Moore said he would attend the AGM.

 

 

 

GM

18

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

301

a

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Archer said a meeting would be held the following week.

 

 

302

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

19

 

303

 

WEBSITE

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

20

 

304

 

CONSULTATION

 

No documents received.

 

 

21

 

305

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None received.

 

 

22

 

MEETING DATES

 

 

306

a

December Parish Council Meeting

 

The fourth Thursday in December was Christmas Day. It was agreed the meeting would instead be held on Wednesday 17 December.

 

 

307

b

Annual Parish Meeting 2009

 

The Clerk had made provisional enquiries about a speaker from the Medway Queen Preservation Society. She had been advised a date should be forwarded as soon as possible. It was agreed the meeting would be held on Tuesday 7 April 2009, subject to availability of the hall and confirmation from the Chairman.

 

 

23

 

308

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

 

As Cllr Hicks had not arrived, the Chairman reverted to item 7b, on which he was able to report.

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

309

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

Cllr Moore reported on the meeting held on 21 October. The steering group had agreed to proceed with detailed plans for the first phase (village green) and agreement was sought for the Clerk to contact Groundwork about this. At this stage it was not known what the cost of a landscape plan would be, but clearly a plan would be necessary. It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Mason and agreed the Clerk speak to Groundwork.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.45 pm

  


Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Revised ~ 03 December 2008

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2008 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council