FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email: clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

 

C11/2008/1-23

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 27 NOVEMBER 2008
AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm


[ DRAFT Minutes -- to be approved at the next Meeting ]

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mrs Wendy Williams

Assistant Footpaths Officer

 

Item

Minute number 2008/9

 

Action point

 

1

 

310

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

On holiday

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

On holiday

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

Family commitments

 

 

Cllr Paul Ribbons

Work commitments

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Mrs Hoskin and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

An apology for absence was received from Mr David Levy, Footpaths Officer.

 

 

2

 

CODE OF CONDUCT

 

 

311

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

None.

 

 

312

b

Standards Committee

 

No meeting.

 

 

313

c

Consultation Paper on Code of Conduct for Local Authority Employees

 

The Chairman said he would read the document.

 

 

 

DC

3

 

314

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

4

 

315

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 23 OCTOBER 2008

 

It was proposed by Cllr Archer, seconded by Cllr Mrs Archer and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 23 October 2008 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

 

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

316

a

C/10/08/22b(3070: Annual Parish Meeting 2009

 

It was confirmed the Annual Parish Meeting would be held on Tuesday 7 April 2009. The Clerk would send an invitation to Brian Goodhew of the Medway Queen Preservation Society to speak and Cllr Mrs Coomber would inform the Hall Committee.

 

 

 

 

RB

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

317

a

Representative’s Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to enable Mrs Williams to speak.

 

Mrs Williams reported all footpaths were clear. Mr Levy had asked her to report that the footpath across the field from Four Elms Hill to Upchat Road had not been reinstated by the farmer.

 

The Chairman thanked Mrs Williams and reconvened the meeting.

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said that the fence along the bypass was still broken. Brambles had grown up behind the fence on the road cutting and the footpath was not dangerous.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

318

b

Hilltop School Footpath Closure

 

A letter had been received from Colin Sacre at Medway Council. The language used had not been very encouraging to anything positive being done and it was known the Headteacher would be taking this up.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

319

a

Upnor Residents’ Association

 

Cllr Moore had not attended the last meeting. He understood there had been a request for the mobile library times to be placed on the notice boards. The Clerk would arrange this. The Association were grateful for the page on the Parish Council’s website but intended to establish a website of their own in the near future. Cllr Moore reported that people were parking on the yellow lines in the evenings.

 

 

320

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

Cllr Hicks reported that the Environment Agency had objected to the planning application. Martin Hall had taken up the case and had arranged a site meeting with the Environment Agency on 2 December. The application had been withdrawn for the time being. The next partnership group meeting was on 9 December and all councillors were invited to attend an informal meeting at 7 pm. The Chairman and Cllr Hicks had met Catherine Smith to progress potential grant funding. The Clerk had met Groundwork to discuss a landscape scheme and design for the green (Phase I).

 

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

321

i

MC2008/0808: Mockbeggar Farm, Town Road, Cliffe: Revised drawings

 

No objection, subject to no objection from neighbours.

 

 

322

ii

MC2008/1821: 5 Cypress Road, Wainscott: Application for lawful development certificate (proposed) for construction of a single storey rear extension (demolition of conservatory).

 

No objection, subject to no objection from neighbours.

 

 

323

iii

MC2008/1849: RSME, Upnor: Demolition of 2 existing detached buildings and construction of a detached boat storage and maintenance building

 

No objection, subject to no objection from neighbours.

 

 

324

b

Decisions

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were noted.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

325

i

Manor Farm

 

Cllr Hicks reported that the barn, outbuildings and 45 acres, including the quarry, had been sold to a consortium. It appeared the intention was to restore the barn and bring it back into use and develop an arts and crafts heritage centre around it, with workshops and some live and work units. It was agreed a representative of the consortium and Brian McCutcheon should be invited to speak to the Parish Council at the January meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

326

ii

Copies of Applications

 

The Clerk reported there was still no response from Robin Cooper. Cllr Hicks said he had spoken to Dave Harris and Cllr Diane Chambers and was pursuing the matter. The Clerk reported that Cuxton Parish Council had decided to object to all applications for which hard copies had not been sent and it was believed that Allhallows Parish Council were considering taking the same line.

 

 

 

PH

327

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

328

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

329

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

None.

 

 

330

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101180 – 101187) as listed in Appendix B be approved, with the addition of £94.00, SLCC (101188); £333.75, Eric Bugg (101182) and £950.00, D Godden (101184). 

 

 

331

d

Minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting held on 21 October 2008

 

The minutes of the meeting of the Finance Committee held on 21 October were received.

 

 

332

e

Budget 2009/10

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed unanimously that the budget for 2009/10 as recommended by the Finance Committee be adopted.

 

 

333

f

Precept 2009/10

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Archer and agreed unanimously the precept for 2009/10 be £25,000.

 

 

10

 

334

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

None.

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

335

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

i.   General Maintenance. Both hedges had been pruned. Cllr Mrs Coomber reported that the fence at the rear of the hall was broken.

 

 

 

 

 

336

b

Allotments

 

The Clerk reported untidy plots had been strimmed and that compost bins had been provided.

 

 

 

337

c

Woodland, Lower Upnor

 

The growth on the steep bank at the rear of 9 Margett’s Place had been dealt with and the resident had expressed his appreciation.

 

 

 

 

 

12

 

338

 

QUALITY PARISH COUNCIL

 

Cllr Hicks proposed a working party be set up to investigate the new criteria and benefits or otherwise. This was seconded by Cllr Moore and agreed. The working party to consist of Cllrs Hicks, Mrs Etheridge and Moore with the Clerk.

 

 

13

 

 

YOUTH

 

339

a

Youth Club

 

In Cllr Ribbons’s absence, there was no report.

 

 

340

b

Container/Youth Shelter

 

In the absence of both Cllr Etheridge and Cllr Ribbons, there was no report.

 

 

14

 

341

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

15

 

342

 

LIGHTING

 

Cllr Miller referred to the light in Rolvenden Road that he had reported being on during daylight hours at both the last meeting and the one before that. It was still on during daylight hours, despite having being reported to Medway Council.

 

 

 

 

16

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

343

 

PCSO Report

 

In PCSO Brooks’s absence, there was no report. There was anti-social behaviour again outside the hall while the meeting was in progress and Cllr Moore said it had been bad the previous evening. The Chairman telephoned PC John Fallon, who said he would send someone round.

 

 

344

b

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Miller said reported on the last meeting. A representative of the NFU had reported that hare coursing was going on. A talk had been given by Charles Watt of Crimestoppers Kent. There had been an armed robbery in High Halstow and 8 burglaries in Allhallows. In spite of this crime had reduced by 8% in the last 3 months and by 25% in the last year.

 

 

 

 

345

c

Neighbourhood Watch Report

 

Cllr Miller reported on recent thefts of and from motor vehicles. Information had been received about a telemarketing company working in the area who were giving the impression erroneously that they were acting for Medway Council. Motor cycles were being stolen by lifting them into vans and it was recommended they should be either garaged or secured to an immovable object.

 

 

17

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

346

a

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Coomber said there had been a special meeting at Chattenden where Land Securities had given a presentation on the proposed Chattenden development. He had made the point that access to the development would go through the parish. The speaker at the last meeting had been Janice Moorkite who had covered the subject of the over-use of antibiotics and Catherine Smith had given an update on the rural programme (European funding) which did not include the parish. She had also reported on the rural housing needs strategy. The Chairman said he had asked for consideration to be given to the inclusion of Upnor. The new Chief Superintendent would be asked to speak at the open meeting to be held in March.

 

 

 

 

 

 

347

 

b

Projects

 

i.   Wainscott Village sign. The Clerk tabled the design. The next step was to decide on its location and apply for planning permission. It was agreed a suitable site would be on the grass separating Wainscott Road and Frittenden Road, near the noticeboard.

 

 

18

 

KALC/MAC 

 

 

348

a

Representatives’ Report

 

Cllr Moore reported on the AGM. There had been a speaker from the Environment Agency who was a new officer. There had also been a talk on the role of the PCSOs. St James’s Isle of Grain Parish Council had proposed a motion urging NALC to lobby for a relaxation of the rules on utilising unapplied capital reserves for revenue purposes. The area meeting had been held the previous evening. Cuxton, Hoo and Halling PCs had not been represented.

 

 

 

 

19

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

349

a

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Mrs Hoskin reported on damage to the hall floor by hirers. This was an insurance claim and the committee was trying to recover the excess from the hirers. Indemnity insurance for the trustees was being taken out.

 

 

350

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

The Parish Council’s archive storage cupboard had been constructed. Cllr Archer and the Clerk had discussed shelving brackets and external finish.

 

 

20

 

351

 

WEBSITE

 

The webmaster had reported the hosting service had changed some functions and he was temporarily unable to provide statistics. A photograph of the Armistice Day wreath laying ceremony was on the website.

 

 

21

 

352

 

CONSULTATION

 

No documents received.

 

 

22

 

353

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None received.

 

 

23

 

354

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.57 pm

  


Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Revised ~ 08 December 2008

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2008 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council