FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to:- Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email: clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

 

 

C/04/2008/1-22

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 26 JUNE 2008
AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

 

From item 3

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

 

From item 3

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Item

Minute number 2008/9

 

Action point

 

1

 

114

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

At another meeting

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

On holiday

 

 

Cllr Paul Ribbons

Training for a charity event

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Mrs Hoskin and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council. Apologies for late arrival were received from Cllrs Etheridge and Mrs Etheridge. An apology for absence was also received from Mr David Levy, Footpaths Officer.

 

 

2

 

CODE OF CONDUCT

 

 

115

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

None.

 

 

116

b

Standards Committee

 

The Chairman reported that sub committees had been set up to deal with any complaints between normal meetings

 

 

3

 

117

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

4

 

118

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 29 MAY 2008

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Miller and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 29 May 2008 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

119

a

C/05/08/25b(106): Safer Kent Awards

 

The nomination for Cllr Miller to receive a Safer Kent Award had been submitted.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

120

a

Representative’s Report

 

The Clerk reported that Mr Levy had cleared FPs 126a at Upnor, 326 from the Sans Pareil to Anthony’s Way and 118 and 129 either side of the by-pass. The farmer had opened up FP 118 through the cornfield. Cllr Hicks reported that a resident of Castle Street had complained about the path from Castle Street to Anthony’s Way and Mr Levy would be asked to investigate.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

121

a

Upnor Residents’ Association

 

The minutes of the last meeting were received.

 

 

122

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

Cllr Hicks reported on the meeting held on 24 June. The outline planning application had been submitted. There would be a further consultation exhibition on Friday 4th and Saturday 5th July, in the church. Five possible funding sources had been identified.

 

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

123

i

MC2008/0901: 12 Grant Road, Wainscott: Part change of use of double garage to single garage and habitable room. Removal of condition.

 

 No objection

 

 

124

ii

MC2008/0890: 47 Wainscott Road, Wainscott: Change of use from Class A1 (retail) to Class A3, café. Internal alterations only.

 

No objection

 

 

125

iii

MC2008/0924: Lee Green Farm Barn, Lee Green Road, Wainscott: Conversion of existing redundant agricultural building into a 4 bedroom house

 

No objection

 

 

126

Iv

MC2008/1025: 25 Hertsfield Avenue, Frindsbury Extra: 2 storey side and single storey rear extension

 

No objection

 

 

127

b

Decisions

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were noted.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

128

i

Manor Farm

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

129

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

130

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

131

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

None.

 

 

132

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Archer, seconded by Cllr Mrs Archer and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101137 – 101144) as listed in Appendix B be approved, together with £380 to D Godden (101145) and £575 to Laverock Tree Care (101146).

 

 

133

d

Training & Seminars

 

i   Councillors’ Information Day. It was agreed Cllrs Archer and Mrs Archer attend at a total cost of £120 + VAT (cheque 101147).

 

10

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

 

134

a

Kent BTCV

 

It was proposed by Cllr Hicks, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and agreed a grant of £100 be made under S111 of the LGA 1972 (cheque 101148).

 

 

135

b

Hilltop School

 

Hilltop School had applied for a grant towards the cost of plans to be drawn up by Groundwork for work to an outdoor area adjacent to the school buildings. After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Hicks and seconded by Cllr Mrs Hoskin that a grant of £500 be made. Cllr Mrs Coomber proposed an amendment of £200. This was seconded by Cllr Etheridge. On a vote being taken, the amendment was carried by 6 votes for, 2 against and 1 abstention. The grant made under S 137 of the LGA 1972 (cheque 101149). Cllr Etheridge proposed that a second grant be made during construction of the project for a specific item. This was seconded by Cllr Mrs Hoskin and agreed. No amount was indicated and would be decided when further details of the project were known.

 

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

136

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

i  General Maintenance. A section of the fence was broken.

 

137

 

ii  Playpark. This had been repainted, but the wood on the “Wendy house” had not been re-stained. The Clerk would arrange for this to be done. The see-saw had been installed.
  

 

RB

138

b

Allotments

 

Quotations had been received for additional taps. To run an additional pipe along the fence would be £740 but would need regular maintenance and might be subject to vandalism. To lay the pipe underground would be £1,480, which included the hire of a digger. This would be a more permanent solution. Cllr Etheridge was of the opinion that it would be better to lay the pipe underground. As the price was over £1,000 comparative quotations would be sought. The Clerk reported she had not received a quotation for compost bins as Daniel Godden of Green Acre Landscapes was trying to source some free or cheap pallets to keep the price down. Logs from the oak tree at Lower Upnor had been put on site so the allotment holders could use them to make benches.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

 

 

 

139

c

Woodland, Lower Upnor

 

The tree at the rear of 34 Brissenden Close had now been felled. A letter had been received from Jane Robertson of Natural England about the woodland within the SSSI and the Clerk would complete the questionnaire.

 

 

 

 

 

RB

12

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

140

a

Street Cleaning

 

A letter had been received from Medway Council asking if the Parish Council wished to take on the devolved function of street cleaning. It was agreed it would be better for Medway Council to continue to carry out street cleaning in the parish.

 

 

 

 

141

b

Yellow Lines, Lower Upnor

 

The Clerk reported she had been contacted again by a resident about enforcement of the double and single lines in Lower Upnor. She had taken the matter up once more with the Highways Manager. He had promised the notices relating to the single yellow lines would be installed as soon as possible. He would also send out his enforcement team, if necessary outside their normal working hours, as abuse of the double yellow lines happened largely during evenings and weekends.

 

 

13

 

142

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

14

 

 

YOUTH

 

143

a

Youth Club

 

Cllr Ribbons would be attending a meeting called by Roy Smith.

 

 

144

b

Container/Youth Shelter

 

Cllr Etheridge reported a company he was in contact with could convert a container to any specification, including the installation of solar power. He had approached the Medway Ward councillors about their ward improvement funds. The Clerk was asked to establish whether the lawful development certificate held by the Parish Council covered this type of youth shelter.
 

 

 

 

 

RB

15

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

145

a

Representative’s Report

 

No meeting had been held. There appeared to be some confusion over any funds for the current year and Cllr Hicks said he would put the matter on the agenda for the next Rural Liaison Committee meeting.

 

 

 

 

PH

 

 

146

147

148

149

150

151

b

Projects

 

i   Wainscott Village sign. On-going

ii  Cooling Road/Brompton Farm Road corner. No further progress.

iii Spring bulbs. On-going.

iv Play equipment. Installed.

v  Playpark repaint. Completed.

vi Tree work, Lower Upnor. It was agreed the cost of the tree felling at the rear of Brissenden Close be included. This would reduce the amount of money currently available for the Cooling Road/Brompton Farm Road corner.
  

 

16

 

KALC/MAC 

 

 

152

a

Representatives’ Report

No meeting.

 

 

17

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

153

a

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber reported on the last meeting. The officers remained the same. A skip had been ordered to clear the old chairs and the bar area. Some lights had been replaced and the electrician would check the electric system. More lead had been stolen from the roof.

 

 

154

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

Noting to report.

 

 

18

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

155

a

Police Liaison Committee Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Miller said there would be meeting on 21 July in Hoo. He reported on the Camp for Climate Change meeting, which he had attended. It had been about police and Medway Council arrangements while the camp was in progress and not about the issues.

 

 

156

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller reported the annual conference had taken place on 17 June. There was a new website. There had been a burglary in Chatsworth Drive and there had been an increasing number of thefts from gardens.

 

 

157

c

Speed Watch

 

There had been no further communication from the police since the Clerk had spoken to Inspector Robin Wharfe at the last Rural Liaison meeting. It was agreed to remove the item from the agenda.  
  

 

19

 

158

 

WEBSITE

 

The Clerk read Mr Stanley’s report:

 

In the past 12 month rolling period, we have had some 28,817 hits on the Frindsbury Extra Parish Council website.  For the last complete month of May the statistics counted 3,341 hits. The most popular viewed web pages during the month of May were the More About page, the Links page, Walks and Upnor Society pages as well as the PC Minutes and Agenda web pages. Visitors to the web site that used internet search engines (rather than typing in the address direct) used this search term the most: ‘school buildings’. Other search terms noted include: ‘Frindsbury Extra Station Road’, ‘Upnor Residents Society’,  ‘Upnor Castle’ and ‘British ship Sans Pareil picture’.

 

 

20

 

CONSULTATION

 

 

159

a

SE Regional Sustaining Framework

 

Received.

 

 

160

b

Kent Downs AONB Management Plan Revision

 

Received.

 

 

21

 

161

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None received.

 

 

22

 

162

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.30 pm

 

     


Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 24 July 2008

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2008 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council