FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to:- Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email: clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

 

C/07/2008/1-22

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 24 JULY 2008
AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

 

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mr David Levy

Footpaths Officer

 

 

Item

Minute number 2008/9

 

Action point

 

1

 

163

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

On holiday

 

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

On holiday

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

At a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

On holiday

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

Prior engagement

 

 

Cllr Paul Ribbons

Business Commitments

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

 

2

 

CODE OF CONDUCT

 

 

164

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

None.

 

 

165

b

Standards Committee

 

The Chairman reported that the next meeting would be held on 30 July.

 

 

3

 

166

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

4

 

167

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 26 JUNE 2008

 

It was proposed by Cllr Miller, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 26 June 2008 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

168

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

169

a

Representative’s Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to enable Mr Levy to speak.

 

Mr Levy reported that he and Mrs Williams had managed to keep most of the local paths clear in spite of the weather. So far he had not been able to look at the path from Castle Street to Anthony’s Way but would do so. He would establish the responsibility for the fallen tree on the path from Lower Upnor to Hoo Common. He also reported that the ranch fencing either side of the northern by-pass was being broken deliberately.

 

The Chairman thanked Mr Levy and reconvened the meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

170

a

Upnor Residents’ Association

 

No report.

 

 

171

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

The Chairman reported on the public consultation exhibition held on 4 and 5 July. The Clerk had done an analysis of the feedback forms. The overwhelming majority were in favour of the scheme. There were still some problems with the planning application. The case officer was asking for all sorts of details to be submitted, although the application was outline. The planning consultant was dealing with this and it was recognised and agreed there would be an added cost for her extra time.

 

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

172

i

MC2008/1078: Land opposite Phoenix Industrial Estate, Commissioners Road, Medway City Estate: Erection of warehouse (B8) with office accommodation, including external works and alteration to access.

 

Cllr Mason asked about the predicted number of vehicle movements. This information was no longer on the form. After discussion it was agreed the Clerk ask the case officer about vehicle movements and also whether a condition could be imposed to prohibit vehicles to the site from using Frindsbury Hill.

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

173

ii

MC2008/1126: 52 Leigh Road, Wainscott: Single storey rear extension

 

No objection

 

 

174

iii

MC2008/1157: 7 & 8 Cliffe Court, George Summers Close, Medway City Estate: Advertisement consent for a non illuminated fascia sign to front and externally illuminated sign to side

 

No objection

 

 

175

iv

MC2008/1159: 7 & 8 Cliffe Court, George Summers Close, Medway City Estate: 3 security bollards in front of roller shutter access and security bars to front windows

 

No objection

 

 

176

v

MC2008/1183: Medway Yacht Club, Lower Upnor: Extension to existing pontoon and jetty

 

No objection

 

 

177

b

Decisions

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were noted.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

178

i

Manor Farm

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

179

ii

Copies of Applications

 

The Clerk said that the problem with receiving copies of applications was getting worse again. She had had to download several from Medway’s website and as a consequence she had had to pay additional broadband charges. She was not getting much support from other clerks as they dealt with planning applications differently – at least one parish council expected all councillors to look at applications online and pass their comments to the Chairman, who then decided on the response. The Chairman felt it was important all applications should be discussed either by the Council or Planning Committee in session. He added that the drawings printed onto A4 were difficult to read – this had particularly applied to the two applications for the industrial unit in Cliffe Court. It was agreed the Clerk should write to Robin Cooper at Medway Council.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

180

iii

Crest Nicholson “Liberty Park” Development

 

The Chairman reported that Crest Nicholson had held a meeting following complaints from local residents, which he and Cllr Mason had attended. It had been chaired by Chris Butler and Amanda Hutchinson had been in attendance.

 

 

181

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

182

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

183

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

None.

 

 

184

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Mrs Hoskin and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101150 – 101152) as listed in Appendix B be approved.

 

 

185

d

 

i

Subscriptions

 

Open Spaces Society. It was proposed by Cllr Etheridge, seconded by Cllr Coomber and agreed the subscription to the Open Spaces Society be renewed., £30 (cheque 101153).

 

 

10

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

 

186

a

Victim Support

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and agreed a grant of £50 be made under S111 of the LGA 1972 (cheque 101154).

 

 

187

b

Macmillan Cancer Care

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Mrs Hoskin and agreed a grant of £100 be made under S111 of the LGA 1972 (cheque 101155).

 

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

188

a

 

i

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

General Maintenance. Weeds at the front of the hall and along the hall rear fence needed spraying and the Clerk would remind the contractor.

 

 

 

 

RB

189

b

Allotments

 

The Clerk had not yet been able to obtain additional quotations for extra taps.

 

 

 

190

c

Woodland, Lower Upnor

 

Nothing to report

 

 

 

 

 

12

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

191

a

Yellow Lines, Lower Upnor

 

No update from Medway Council. The Clerk reported that the concerned resident had attended the Lower Upnor exhibition and she had let him know Medway Council’s intentions.

 

 

192

b

Traffic Calming

 

The Chairman reported on the S106 agreements with Crest Nicholson, which included a sum for traffic calming in Brompton Farm Road, Hollywood Lane, Higham Road and Wainscott Road. He would try to establish what was intended.

 

 

 

 

 

DC

193

c

Stonehorse Lane

 

It was reported growth of the trees and hedges was bad again.

 

 

13

 

193

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

14

 

 

YOUTH

 

194

a

Youth Club

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber reported that a radiator had been found hanging off the wall following a session of the Youth Club. The Youth Club would pay for the repair.

 

 

195

b

Container/Youth Shelter

 

Cllr Etheridge reported on his further investigations over the conversion of a container into a youth shelter. It would cost in the region of £2,000. The Chairman suggested Cllr Etheridge should ask PCSO Sean Brooks to consult with the young people of the parish.

 

 

15

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

196

a

Representative’s Report

 

The next meeting would be held on 29 July and would be hosted by St James Isle of Grain Parish Council. The Chairman of the Rural Liaison Committee had wanted an agenda item about grants for 2008/9, with a briefing note from Peter Bown. The agenda had already been prepared and it had been decided that Mr Bown should write to all clerks, with a response by 30 September.

 

 

 

 

 

 

197

198

199

b

i

ii

iii

Projects

 

Wainscott Village sign. On-going

Cooling Road/Brompton Farm Road corner. No further progress.

Spring bulbs. These should be ordered but the Clerk would not do so until Cllr Mrs Etheridge had arranged planting.

 

 

16

 

KALC/MAC 

 

 

200

a

Representatives’ Report

 

In the absence of both Cllr Moore and Cllr Ribbons, there was no report.

 

 

17

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

201

a

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said no meeting had been held, but a skip had been hired and all rubbish removed. The Clerk said that she had had to use the Caretaker’s keys and had had to wait 20 minutes beyond the hire time to collect them from the Wednesday Brownies.

 

 

202

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

18

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

203

a

Police Liaison Committee Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Miller reported on the meeting held on 21 July and the new organisation of the Committee and the representatives. John Haddaway had been elected Chairman and a parish councillor from Hoo St Werburgh would be the minute taker. The next meeting would be held in 2 months’ time, with the expectation meetings would eventually revert to quarterly. PC Tim Harris had been replaced by PC James Gibson. Matters raised had included the role of the PCSOs and parking and speeding. Residents of Cliffe had raised the subject of Speedwatch.

 

 

204

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller had nothing to report.

 

 

19

 

205

 

WEBSITE

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

20

 

CONSULTATION

 

 

206

a

Southern Water Business Plan and Roadshow

 

The Chairman had sent off a response. The Roadshow was noted.

 

 

21

 

207

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None received.

 

 

22

 

208

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.35 pm

 


Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Revised ~ 24 September 2008

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2008 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council