FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to:- Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON THURSDAY 24 JANUARY 2008
AT THE
MEMORIAL HALL, WAINSCOTT AT
7.30 pm

 

C/12/2007/1-23 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

 

Items 6-13, 15-23

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

 

Items 6-13, 15-23

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

 

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

Cllr Paul Ribbons

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mr Alan Dennington

Charlton Athletic Community Youth Scheme

 

 

 

 

 

Item

Minute number 2007/8

 

Action point

 

1

 

356

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for late arrival were received from Cllr Etheridge and Mrs Etheridge. An apology for absence was received from Mr David Levy, Footpaths Officer

 

 

2

 

CODE OF CONDUCT

 

 

357

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

None.

 

 

358

b

Standards Committee

 

No meeting had been held.

 

 

3

 

359

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

4

 

360

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 18 DECEMBER 2007

 

It was proposed by Cllr Ribbons, seconded by Cllr Moore and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 18 December 2007 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

361

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

As Mr Dennington was present, it was agreed to vary the order of the agenda.

 

14

 

362

 

YOUTH

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to enable Mr Dennington to speak.

 

 Mr Dennington introduced himself. He is the Kent Social Inclusion Manager for the Charlton Athletic Community Scheme. He outlined his remit of taking sports into the community, especially where children tended to congregate and where there was a need. He worked with Roy Smith of the Medway Youth Service and with the Rochester young offenders team and was putting a package together around young people.

 

The Chairman thanked Mr Dennington and reconvened the meeting. All councillors expressed a willingness to help Mr Dennington and offered him use of the Recreation Ground. Cllr Mrs Coomber spoke about the likely stopping of the Youth Club. Mr Dennington was advised to contact PCSO Sean Brooks. Cllr Etheridge wondered if the offer of a container to form a youth shelter was still open.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

363

a

Representative’s Report

 

The Chairman said that Mr Levy had had nothing to report. Letters of thanks had been received from Mr Levy and Mrs Williams for the gift vouchers in appreciation of their efforts.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

364

a

Upnor Residents Association

 

Cllr Moore had spoken to Jane Higgs, who had had nothing to report. She had not heard anything further about the yellow lines. Both she as Secretary and Adrian Dixon as Chairman would be stepping down at the Association’s AGM, but Ms Higgs had confirmed she would continue representing the Association on the Lower Upnor Riverside Project group.

 

 

365

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

Cllr Hicks reported that the local planning authority considered an environmental impact assessment would not be necessary, but had asked that certain questions relating to the special status of some of the land in Lower Upnor be considered. The planning consultant was looking into this and would prepare the planning application. Cllr Hicks said that funding streams were being investigated and the involvement of Mark Dent would be sought.

 

 

366

c

Traffic, Lower Upnor

 

Cllr Hicks said he had asked for double yellow lines by the church. He wished to arrange a meeting with David Fulbrook of Highways and would involve Cllr Moore. He would find out why the notices pertaining to single yellow lines had not yet been put up.

 

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

367

i

MC2007/2231: 16 Fordwych Drive, Frindsbury Extra: Conversion of part of garage to study

 

 No objection

 

 

368

b

Decisions

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were noted.

 

Cllr Hicks reported that both the Wainscott development applications had been approved, but with some changes. It was paramount the improvements to Four Elms roundabout were completed before construction started. The S106 money had to be handed over within 2 years, or when 50% of the total development had been completed. There would be 375 houses. This was due to a change in planning guidance, which had increased density to 31 per hectare. 

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

369

i

Manor Farm

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

370

ii

Chattenden

 

The Chairman reported on the workshops held on 22 January. An overview had been given by Brian McCutcheon. Both the Chairman and Cllr Hicks had attended the transport workshop.

 

 

371

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

372

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

373

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

The cheque signed since the last meeting as listed on Appendix B was ratified.

 

 

374

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Archer, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101106 – 101107) as listed in Appendix B be approved, together with £320 to D Godden (101108), £40 to David Coomber, reimbursement vouchers (101109) and £9.60 Trevor Archer, reimbursement keys (101110).

 

 

10

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

 

375

a

Kent Air Ambulance Trust

 

Cllr Mrs Hoskin proposed that a grant of £400 be made. This was seconded by Cllr Hicks. Cllr Mason proposed an amendment of £100. This was seconded by Cllr Etheridge. Cllr Hicks then proposed a further amendment of £250. This was seconded by Cllr Ribbons. On a vote being taken, the second amendment fell by 4 votes for and 7 against. On a vote being taken on the first amendment, the motion fell by 6 votes for and 7 against, the Chairman using his casting vote. On a vote being taken on the substantive motion, this fell by 5 for, 6 against and 1 abstention. Cllr Hicks then, under Standing Order 22p, proposed the suspension of Standing Order 33a and requested the matter be placed on the agenda for a future meeting. This was seconded by Cllr Mrs Etheridge and agreed.

 

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

376

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

377

b

Allotments

 

The Clerk reported that she had let another allotment.

 

 

378

c

Trees, Lower Upnor

 

It had been reported to the Clerk that residents in Margett’s Place had encroached on the Council’s woodland and had pruned or felled trees. The Vice-chairman had investigated and had spoken to one resident. After discussion it was agreed the Council’s solicitor be instructed to write to the residents, showing the boundary of the Council’s property and requesting any problems with the trees are referred to the Council.

 

 

12

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

379

a

Vehicle Activated Speed Signs

 

The Chairman had nothing to report.

 

 

13

 

380

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

15

 

QUALITY PARISH COUNCIL

 

The Chairman said he thought there were many points that the Council could not comply with. Cllr Hicks was in favour of the idea. After discussion, it was proposed by Cllr Etheridge, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed that a workshop be held, to go through the points of qualification in relation to the Council.

 

 

16

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

381

a

Representative’s Report

 

No meeting.

 

 

 

 

382

 

383

 

 

 

384

 

 

b

Projects

 

i   Wainscott Village sign. Cllr Mrs Etheridge and the Clerk were progressing this.

ii   Cooling Road/Brompton Farm Road corner. Matthew Buck had obtained a quote of £7,500 to install grasscrete and Brendan Doyle had not produced a planting scheme. It was agreed to ask Matthew Buck to seek alternative quotations.

iii  Spring bulbs. It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Etheridge, seconded by Cllr Mrs Archer and agreed to reserve £150 for the purchase of spring bulbs.

 

 

17

 

KAPC/MAC 

 

 

385

a

Representatives’ Report

 

No meeting

 

 

18

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

386

a

Representative’s Report

Cllr Mrs Coomber said that a new cooker had been purchased and the fire alarm had gone wrong. Cllr Archer and the Clerk had discussed custom storage for parish council records and he would ask a carpenter to quote. Cllr Mrs Etheridge said some redundant Medway Council office furniture might be available after April.

 

 

387

b

Hall Improvements Extension

 

The Secretary was still waiting for quotations for built in storage.

 

 

19

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

388

a

Police Liaison Committee Representative’s Report

 

No meeting had been held. It appeared that the police liaison meetings would now become “PACT” meetings. This was a national initiative to involve local communities.

 

 

389

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller reported that the police were currently seeking views on “youth gatherings”. There had been the theft of a car in Marden Road.

 

 

390

c

Speed Watch

 

The Clerk reported WPC Jeffries was on leave and she would try to arrange a date to progress the scheme on her return.

 

 

 

 

 

391

d

PCSO Report

 

In PCSO Brooks’s absence, there was no report.  

 

 

20

 

392

 

WEBSITE

 

The Clerk read Mr Stanley’s report:

 

 

 

In the past 12 month rolling period, we have had some 25,559 hits on the Frindsbury Extra Parish Council website.   For the last complete month of December 2007, the statistics counted 1,989 hits.   

The most popular viewed web pages during the month of December 2007 continue to be the More About the Parish, the Links page; the Walks page, as well as the Meeting Minutes web pages.  

Visitors to the web site that used internet search engines (rather than typing in the address direct) used these search terms the most: "All Saints Church", "Frindsbury" and "Wainscott".

 

 

21

 

CONSULTATION

 

 

393

a

Orders & Regulations Relating to the Conduct of Local Authority Members in England

 

The Chairman would peruse the document.

 

 

22

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

 

394

a

Invitation to Lord Lieutenant’s Civic Service

 

Received.

 

 

395

b

National Grid Pipeline Exhibition

 

Received.

 

 

23

 

396

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 10.05 pm

 

 

   


Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 14 March 2008

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2008 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council