1 Apologies for absence
2 Declarations of Interest and alterations to the Register
3 Notification of any other business of an urgent nature to be taken at the end of the meeting
4 Minutes of the Meeting held on 10 January 2008 – attached
5 Applications MC2008/0170 29 Galleon Way
Lower Upnor Single storey rear extension adjoining undercroft area (inc part demolition of existing garage)
MC2007/2078 RSME Upper Upnor Upchat Road
Upnor Demolition of 2 existing detached buildings and construction of a detached boat storage and maintenance building
Approved with conditions 1. The development hereby permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
Reason 1. To comply with Section 91 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 (as amended).
2. Within two months of the first occupation of the new boat storage and maintenance building, the existing boat storage and maintenance building UB012 shall be demolished, the slab removed and the site restored to grass (subject, where applicable, to the provisions of conditions 3 and 6 below). This area shall thereafter be retained in a grassed condition.
Reason 2. In order to ensure that the development is acceptable in terms of its visual impact and impact on flood risk, in accordance with Policies BNE1, BNE25 and CF13 of the Medway Local Plan.
3. Prior to the commencement of the development, a site investigation shall be undertaken to determine the nature & extent of any contamination. The results of the investigation, together with a risk assessment by a competent person and details of any measures necessary to contain, treat or remove any contamination as appropriate shall be submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority in writing. The approved measures shall be fully implemented and a completion report, issued by the competent person referred to above stating that remediation has been completed and that the site is suitable for the permitted use, shall be provided to the Authority prior to the first use of the development herein permitted. If during development, contamination not previously identified is found to be present at the site, then no further development (unless otherwise agreed in writing with the Local Planning Authority) shall be carried out until the developer has submitted, and obtained written approval from the Local Planning Authority, details of how this unsuspected contamination shall be dealt with.
Reason 3. To ensure that the development is undertaken in a manner which acknowledges interests of amenity and safety.
4. Prior to the commencement of the development hereby permitted, a scheme to minimise the transmission of noise from the use of the premises, shall be submitted and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. All works which, form part of the approved scheme shall be completed before any part of the development is occupied and shall thereafter be maintained in accordance with the approved details.
Reason 4. To ensure that the development does not prejudice conditions of amenity.
5. Prior to the commencement of development, details of any storage areas required during or after construction for fuels, oils and other potentially contaminating materials shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. These storage areas shall be designed to prevent accidental or unauthorised discharge to ground and shall not drain to any surface water system. Development shall be undertaken in accordance with the approved details and shall thereafter be maintained as such unless any variation is first agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
Reason 5. To ensure that the development is undertaken in a manner which acknowledges interests of amenity and safety, and to ensure the protection of controlled waters.
6. No development shall take place until the implementation of a programme of archaeological work has been secured in accordance with a written specification and timetable which has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
Reason 6. To ensure that features of archaeological interest are properly examined and recorded, in accordance with Policy BNE21 of the Medway Local Plan 2003.
7. Details and samples of any materials to be used externally, including details of finish and colour, shall be submitted to and agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority before development is commenced and development shall be carried out in accordance with the approved details and thereafter maintained.
Reason 7. To ensure that the appearance of the development is satisfactory and without prejudice to conditions of visual amenity in the locality, in accordance with Policy BNE1 of the Medway Local Plan 2003.
8. The flood risk mitigation measures recommended at paras. 3.2 and 3.3 of the Flood Risk Assessment dated October 2007 shall be carried out as specified prior to the first use of the development unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The flood risk mitigation measures shall thereafter be maintained.
Reason 8. In order to minimise the impact of flood risk upon the development, in accordance with Policy CF13 of the Medway Local Plan 2003.
9. All maintenance and repair work associated with the workshop building shall take place on an area of impermeable hardstanding. These areas shall not allow any surface water to discharge to ground, unless otherwise agreed by the Local Planning Authority in consultation with the Environment Agency.
Reason 9. In order to protect the underlying major aquifer from contamination.
7 Appeals and Other Matters
a MC2007/1542: Appeal Ref: APP/A2280/A/08/2064263/NWF
20 & 22 Hollywood Lane Wainscott: Demolition of existing properties and garages (20 and 22 Hollywood Lane) and construction of sixteen 2 bedroom and two 1 bedroomed apartments and associated parking
The appeal is to be decided following an exchange of written statements by the parties concerned and following a site visit by an Inspector. Additional submissions by 7th March
8 Church Commissioners land, Manor Farm
No applications at date of agenda.
The next meeting of the Planning Committee will be held on Thursday 13 March 2008
Circulation: Chairman; Vice-chairman; Planning Committee; other members for information
8 February 2008