FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to:- Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email: clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

C/02/2008/1-22

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2008 AT THE MEMORIAL HALL,
HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr Geoff Moore

Vice-chairman

In the chair

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Paul Ribbons

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

PCSO Sean Brooks

 

 

 

PC John Fallon

 

 

 

Item

Minute number 2007/8

 

Action point

 

1

 

397

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

Cllr David Coomber

Indisposed

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

At a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

At a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

At a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Archer and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

 

398

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

None.

 

 

399

b

Standards Committee

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber gave the Chairman’s report on the last meeting. The consultation document had been discussed and a response formulated.

 

 

3

 

400

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

4

 

401

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 24 JANUARY 2008

 

It was proposed by Cllr Ribbons, seconded by Cllr Mrs Archer and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 24 January 2008 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

402

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

As members of the police were present, it was agreed to vary the order of the agenda.

18

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

403

d

PCSO Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow the members of the police to speak.

 

PCSO Brooks introduced PC John Fallon, who had replaced WPC Pope as the beat officer for the area. He had identified three priorities: graffiti, anti-social behaviour, especially in Hilltop Road and Gill Avenue and road safety for children during after school hours.

 

The Chairman thanked PC Fallon and PCSO Brooks and reconvened the meeting.

 

Councillors welcomed PC Fallon and were generally in agreement with the priorities.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

404

a

Representative’s Report

 

In Mr Levy’s absence, there was no report. Cllr Miller commented that he had recently walked the path from Frindsbury Hill to Cypress Road and had been impressed with the strimming that had been done.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

405

a

Upnor Residents Association

 

Cllr Moore said the next meeting was the AGM and would be held on 29 March.

 

 

406

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

Nothing further to report.

 

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

407

i

MC2008/0236: 26 Jarrett Avenue, Wainscott: Increase in height of the existing single side extension to facilitate dormer window to rear and construction of single storey rear extension demolition of existing conservatory)

 

 No objection

 

 

408

ii

MC2007/2163: Wainscott Training Estate, Islingham Farm Road, Wainscott: Construction of two hardstanding areas and extension of two existing hardstanding areas for training and vehicle parking purposes, together with the erection of two storage buildings, ancillary outbuildings and hopper structures, earth bunds and security fencing and dog kennel building; and creation of dog training exercise area, including part change of use from agricultural land – revised drawings

 

No objection

 

 

409

iii

MC2008/0294: 36 Hollywood Lane, Wainscott: Temporary change of use of garage into office

 

No objection

 

410

b

Decisions

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were noted.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

411

i

Manor Farm

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

412

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

413

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

414

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

The cheques signed since the last meeting as listed on Appendix B were ratified.

 

 

415

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Archer, seconded by Cllr Mrs Archer and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101113 – 101114) as listed in Appendix B be approved, together with £203.11 to Rentokil (101115), and £49.35 Park Leisure (101116).

 

 

10

 

416

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

None.

 

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

417

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

i  General Maintenance. Nothing to report.

ii  Playpark. The engineering report had been received and the Clerk had met Green Acre Landscapes and Andrew Kirby of Park Leisure on site. Parts had been obtained for some minor repair works. Following discussions, a quotation had been received from Park Leisure for replacement of the spring animals by a see-saw (£1,049) plus installation and new safety surface (£2,110), total £3,159. A quotation had also been obtained for a roundabout as an extra item of equipment, total £9,600. The existing equipment and fence needed repainting, which would prolong their life for about five years. This would cost £3,315. The Council were advised that plans should be commenced for a new playpark in the future as this would cost about £60,000 at current prices. After discussion, it was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Mrs Hoskin and agreed unanimously that the quotations to replace the spring animals by a see-saw and the repaint be accepted and that the rural liaison grant be used.

 

418

b

Allotments

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

419

c

Woodland, Lower Upnor

 

The Clerk reported that she had received a request from the resident of 9 Margett’s Place that the Council tidy up the area of woodland at the rear of his property. She had visited the resident. The area in question could only be seen from the house and the only access was through the garden. She thought Green Acre Landscapes would be able to deal with the work and it was agreed they be asked to do whatever was necessary.  The Clerk had also received a request to look at a tree that was overhanging the garden of 34 Brissenden Close. She had viewed this over the garden fence and thought that if the overhanging branches were removed it might de-stabilise the tree, especially as it was on a steep slope and that it might be best to remove the tree altogether. It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Ribbons and agreed the Clerk deal with the matter as long as the price was within the £1,000 limit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

 

 

 

 

 

RB

12

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

420

a

Vehicle Activated Speed Signs

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber reported that the vehicle activated sign in Brompton Farm Road was not working at 30mph and that Cllr Coomber was dealing with it.

 

 

 

 

DC

13

 

421

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

14

 

422

 

YOUTH

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

15

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

423

a

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber read Cllr Coomber’s report on the last meeting, which had been hosted by Halling PC. There had been a presentation on the Valley of Visions Heritage Lottery Fund. This was only of reference to Halling PC. There had been an update on the Eon Community Fund. Cllr Coomber had queried why Cliffe and Cliffe Woods PC qualified, but Frindsbury Extra did not. New definitive public rights of way maps would be available for consultation, probably in 2009. There had been updates on the Medway Estuary and Swale Shoreline Management Plan and on Chattenden. The Working Group on Peninsula-wide Development had given a report. Finally the meeting had been addressed by the Chairman of Halling Parish Council.

 

 

 

 

424

 

425

 

 

426

b

Projects

 

i   Wainscott Village sign. Cllr Mrs Etheridge and the Clerk had arranged a meeting with the designer.

ii   Cooling Road/Brompton Farm Road corner. Matthew Buck was in the process of seeking alternative quotations and would contact Brendan Doyle over the planting scheme.

iii  Spring bulbs. On-going.

 

16

 

KALC/MAC 

 

 

427

a

Representatives’ Report

 

Cllr Moore reported on the last meeting. Cliffe and Cliffe Woods had re-vamped their allotments and were hiring them out at £35pa. There were the usual problems of vandalism. Hoo St Werburgh PC had stated they were re-joining KALC but their representative had not arrived. The speaker had been Nigel Whitburn who had spoken about the work of Action for Communities in Rural Kent.

 

 

17

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

428

a

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said there had been no meeting. The insurance premium had been paid but she understood the Parish Council would be contributing towards this. The item would be placed on the agenda for the next meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

RB

429

b

Hall Improvements Extension

 

The cost of the new cooker would come out of the fund and Catherine Smith had been informed.

 

 

18

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

430

a

Police Liaison Committee Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Miller reported that PCSO Brooks was trying to arrange a PACT meeting.

 

 

431

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller reported the areas had been reorganised. There had been a recent spate of thefts of lead, including from the hall roof. Trading Standards were warning of a tree surgeon calling on householders, claiming to be connected with Medway Council. People are advised not to deal with people at the door and to use contractors listed on the Fair Trader scheme. A conference on rural policing was to be held on 8 April.

 

 

432

c

Speed Watch

 

The Clerk reported WPC Jeffries had not contacted her, in spite of a promise to this effect from inspector Robin Wharfe.

 

 

 

 

 

19

 

433

 

WEBSITE

 

The Clerk read Mr Stanley’s report:

 

In the past 12 month rolling period, we have had some 26,647 hits on the Frindsbury Extra Parish Council website.  For the last complete month of January, the statistics counted 2,460 hits.  [Note: A proportion of these hits were from me, as Webmaster, accessing the site to upload information or check web site consistency, plus numerous internet 'robot crawlers' visiting the web pages gathering data for indexing or to populate search engines directories.]  

The most popular viewed web pages during the month of January continue to be the More About the Parish, the Walks page; the Links page, as well as the Meeting Minutes web pages. 

 

 

 

 

Visitors to the web site that used internet search engines (rather than typing in the address direct) used these search terms the most: "school buildings", "Upnor Castle" and "allotments".  The Upnor Residents Association temporary webpage has just been completed and is now live.

 

 

20

 

CONSULTATION

 

 

434

a

NATS Proposed Changes to Airspace

 

This would be passed to Cllr Coomber.

 

 

 

DC

21

 

435

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None received.

 

 

22

 

436

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.55 pm

     


Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 01 April 2008

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2008 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council