FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email: clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

 

C11/2008/1-24

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON WEDNESDAY 17 DECEMBER 2008
AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm


[ DRAFT Minutes -- to be approved at the next Meeting ]

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

Item

Minute number 2008/9

 

Action point

 

1

 

355

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

Indisposed

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

At a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

At a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

At another meeting

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

Family commitments

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Miller and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

An apology for absence was received from Mr David Levy, Footpaths Officer.

 

 

2

 

CODE OF CONDUCT

 

 

356

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

Cllr Miller declared a personal interest in item 8a(iv).

 

 

357

b

Standards Committee

 

The Chairman reported that a meeting had been held to consider the response to consultation on the revision to the code for members and on a code of conduct for employees. The revision on the code for members was that it would affect members at any time, not just when acting as councillors. It was decided it was inappropriate for the Committee to comment on proposals for a code for employees and that it would be dealt with by the appropriate scrutiny committee.

 

 

358

c

Consultation Paper on Code of Conduct for Local Authority Employees

 

After discussion, it was agreed not to make a response.

 

 

3

 

359

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

4

 

360

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 27 NOVEMBER 2008

 

It was proposed by Cllr Archer, seconded by Cllr Mrs Archer and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 27 November 2008 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

361

 

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

362

a

Representative’s Report

 

In Mr Levy’s absence, there was no report.

 

 

363

b

Hilltop School Footpath Closure

 

The Clerk reported that there had been one objection to closure, from a local resident.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

364

a

Upnor Residents’ Association

 

No report.

 

 

365

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

The Chairman reported on the meeting held on 9 December and on a site meeting with the Environment Agency. Martin Hall had volunteered to carry out the survey required by the Environment Agency on biodiversity. It was hoped this would satisfy the Environment Agency and that they would then support a resubmission of the planning application. Cllr Hicks had asked the McComb Partnership to update the costings for Phase I (village green). The Clerk had received an estimate from Groundwork for a detailed landscape scheme for Phase I. After discussion, it was agreed she go back to Groundwork with the Council’s concerns over the scope and costs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

366

i

MC2008/1951 & MC2008/1953: Tudor Rose, High Street, Upnor: Retrospective application for construction of a free standing timber framed smoking hut ( demolition of existing canopy) and listed building consent

 

No objection, subject to no objection from neighbours.

 

 

367

ii

MC2008/1894: 19 Fordwich Drive, Frindsbury Extra: Rear extension –sitting room

 

No objection, subject to no objection from neighbours.

 

 

368

iii

MC2008/1923: 2-8 Cooling Road, Frindsbury: Demolition of existing semi-industrial buildings, clearing and cleansing of site and erection of 12 three storey dwelling houses – four 4 bedroom, eight 3 bedroom around central court with new vehicular access to site from Cooling Road

 

After discussion, it was agreed to object:

 

Frindsbury Extra Parish Council objects to this application, as it has to all previous applications to develop this site.

 

The objections remain the same as for the previous application to build houses on the site (MC2008/2235).

 

"The site is surrounded by two storey buildings. The proposed three storey buildings would be out of character with the area and contrary to the street scene. Existing properties in Cooling Road face onto the road and have back gardens. An amenity area is being proposed; this is adjacent to one of the dwellings and children playing football etc would cause loss of amenity to this house. The Parish Council considers the number of dwellings to be an over-intensification of the site, given its shape and relationship to Cooling Road and Chartwell Close.

 

The traffic generated by the residents of 10 dwellings and their visitors would add considerably to the traffic congestion on Cooling Road, which has on-street parking for most of its length. The access to the site is directly opposite Hilltop Road and very close to Hilltop Primary School; current problems would be aggravated by the traffic attached to the proposed dwellings and would be a road safety issue in connection with children attending the school. The number of parking spaces would be inadequate, especially as most of the dwellings would have 5 bedrooms. It is likely that these household would have more than 2 cars, possibly 5 if children in their late teens and twenties were resident with their parents.

 

The Parish Council fully supports the objections of local residents and draws the planning authority's attention to the letter of objection from Kent Police."

 

In the current application, 12 dwellings are proposed, with only 8 parking spaces. This scenario is worse than the previous application. Again, the dwellings are crammed onto the site, which effectively becomes a cul-de-sac and therefore another junction onto Cooling Road, opposite Hilltop Road and the pedestrian crossing and close to a large primary school. The 3 storey buildings would be out of character with the existing street scene of two storey dwellings facing onto Cooling Road. The previous comments about existing on-street parking apply. It is naive of any developer to assume that residents of the proposed properties would not have cars and would use public transport, in this area of inadequate public transport. There would be no parking for visitors, whether private or trades people.

 

 

369

iv

MC2008/1890: 52 Benenden Road, Wainscott: Construction of a two storey side extension together with relocation of entrance door from side to front elevation and new garden wall and gate

 

No objection, subject to no objection from neighbours.

 

 

370

v

MC2008/1891: Land rear of 61 Cooling Road, Frindsbury: Construction of a 2 storey block comprising four 2 bedroomed flats with four associated car parking spaces, bike storage, bin store and communal gardens

 

 

 

After discussion, it was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber that there was no objection, subject to no objection from neighbours. On being put to the vote, the motion was carried by 5 votes for and one abstention.

 

 

371

vi

MC2008/1895: 17 Hughes Drive, Wainscott: 2 storey side extension

 

No objection, subject to no objection from neighbours.

 

 

372

vii

MC2008/1918: 13 High Street, Upnor: Rear conservatory

 

No objection, subject to no objection from neighbours.

 

 

373

b

Decisions

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were noted.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

374

i

Manor Farm

 

The Clerk had invited a representative of the developer to attend the January meeting and had asked Brian McCutcheon to send a planning officer.

 

 

375

ii

Copies of Applications

 

The Clerk reported Cllr Hicks had spoken to Dave Harris.

 

 

376

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

377

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

378

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

None.

 

 

379

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Archer, seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101190 – 101193) as listed in Appendix B be approved, with the addition of £320.00, D Godden (101194) and £50, D Coomber, reimbursement Chairman’s Allowance (101195). 

 

 

10

 

380

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

None.

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

381

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

i   General Maintenance. Nothing to report.

 

382

 

ii  Football. Borstal 88 FC had applied to use the pitch next season, in addition to Rochester Rangers. This was agreed.

 

 

383

b

Allotments

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

384

c

Woodland, Lower Upnor

 

The resident of 10 Margett’s Place had sent an e-mail to Cllr Hicks, complaining about the work at the rear of nos 8 and 9. The Clerk had sent a reply.

 

 

 

 

 

12

 

385

 

QUALITY PARISH COUNCIL

 

A meeting of the working group had been arranged.

 

 

13

 

 

YOUTH

 

386

a

Youth Club

 

In Cllr Ribbons’s absence, there was no report.

 

 

387

b

Container/Youth Shelter

 

In the absence of both Cllr Etheridge and Cllr Ribbons, there was no report.

 

 

14

 

388

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

15

 

389

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

16

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

390

a

PCSO Report

 

In PCSO Brooks’s absence, there was no report.

 

 

391

b

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Miller said there had been no meeting.

 

 

 

 

392

c

Neighbourhood Watch Report

 

Cllr Miller said no reported crimes had been notified. The usual Christmas warnings had been circulated.

 

 

17

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

393

a

Representative’s Report

 

No meeting had been held. The next would be hosted by the Parish Council at Hilltop School on 27 January.

 

 

 

 

 

 

394

 

 

395

 

b

Projects

 

i   Wainscott Village sign. The Clerk would speak to the planning officer who had dealt with the Upnor sign, with a view to applying for advertisement consent in the New Year.

  

ii   A sum of £10,000 had been allocated for the current financial year for all the parish councils and bids would have to be made. It was agreed a bid be made for the cost of the storage cupboard. Cllr Archer would organise the purchase of shelving and wood stain.

 

 

18

 

KALC/MAC 

 

 

396

a

Representatives’ Report

 

No meeting.

 

 

 

 

19

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

397

a

Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said no meeting had been held. They were in the process of obtaining quotations to sand and reseal the floor, following the damage by hirers.

 

 

398

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

The Chairman reported that £75,000.46 of S106 money for the hall had been transferred to Catherine Smith. He and the Hall Treasurer would investigate possibilities for utilising this money. Projects must be started within the next three years.

 

 

 

 

DC, TA

20

 

399

 

WEBSITE

 

Following a suggestion by the webmaster, it was agreed a hit counter be placed on the home page. He had also said he was waiting for details of the new website that the Upnor Residents Association had said they were setting up, so he could set up a link and release their page for the Council’s use.

 

 

21

 

 

400

 

FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT UPDATED PUBLICATION SCHEME

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded b Cllr Archer and agreed unanimously that the updated Freedom of Information Act Publication Scheme be adopted. The Clerk would complete the form and put it on the website. It was agreed that it should state that no charges were currently made.

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

22

 

401

 

CONSULTATION      

 

None.

 

 

23

 

402

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None received.

 

 

24

 

402

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

  

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.25 pm

  


Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Revised ~ 16 January 2009

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2009 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council