FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to:- Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email: clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

 

 

C/04/2008/1-24

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 24 APRIL 2008
AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

Cllr Paul Ribbons

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

PC John Fallon

 

Item 19d only

 

PCSO Sean Brooks

 

Item 19d only

 

Item

Minute number 2008/9

 

Action point

 

1

 

1

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

indisposed

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

At another meeting

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Archer and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council. An apology for absence was also received from Mr David Levy, Footpaths Officer.

 

 

2

 

CODE OF CONDUCT

 

 

2

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

None.

 

 

3

b

Standards Committee

 

No meeting.

 

 

3

 

4

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

4

 

5

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 27 MARCH 2008

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Ribbons and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 27 March 2008 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

6

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

6

a

Representative’s Report

 

The Clerk reported that Mr Levy would not be able to attend meetings for the time being. He had not much to report, the weather had prevented them from doing much strimming. The Clerk also reported on a conversation with the PROW Officer at Medway Council. The steps at Lower Upnor had been cleared and he would attempt to ensure that the path by the pond at Islingham Farm was as safe as possible. He would attend to the vandalised cycle barrier on FP 118.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

7

a

Upnor Residents’ Association

 

The minutes of the last meeting were received. The AGM was on 29 April.

 

 

8

b

Lower Upnor Riverside Project

 

The Chairman reported that information was being gathered to enable the planning application to be submitted. Part of this had included a meeting with Jane Robertson of Natural England in connection with the SSSI. Her report was awaited.

 

 

9

c

Other Matters

 

Cllr Moore reported he had seen someone with a map at Sandacres. He also reported that PCSO Sean Brooks had sent a letter about parking in Galleon Way. It had had an effect for a short time. He would attend the PCSO surgery to report back to PCSO Brooks.

 

A meeting concerning the car park was being arranged by the Arethusa Venture Centre.

 

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

10

i

MC2008/0007: Crest Nicholson Wainscott Development: Application for approval of Phase I reserved matters (87 units) relating to external appearance and landscaping.

 

 No objection

 

 

11

ii

MC2008/0611: Unit 12b, Neptune Industrial Estate, Neptune Close, Medway City Estate: Use of land as a waste transfer station

 

No objection, provided toxic waste is not involved.

 

 

12

b

Decisions

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were noted.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

13

i

Manor Farm

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

14

ii

Planning Portal Consultation

 

Noted.

 

 

15

iii

Paving

 

Cllr Miller said he had seen a television programme which had indicated it was now necessary to obtain planning permission to lay paving or block paving.

 

 

15

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

As PC Fallon and PCSO Brooks had arrived, it was agreed to vary the order of the agenda.

19

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

16

d

Police Officer Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow PC Fallon and PCSO Brooks to speak.

 

PC Fallon said he had been tasked with setting up a PACT meeting. The Chairman gave a résumé of the history of police liaison meetings. A discussion followed. The Chairman stated he was disappointed there was to be a return to meetings involving others, not just for the parish councils. PC Fallon said he would take the Parish Council’s views back to Inspector Wharfe. The Clerk informed PCSO Brooks that he should expect contact from the Charlton Athletic Youth Scheme about using the Recreation ground for youth activities. It was reported there had been a meeting with MHS about graffiti in Gill Avenue. PC Fallon said they were at the warning stage in dealing with motorised scooters in Gill Avenue and Hilltop Road. In response to a question from Cllr Miller, PCSO Brooks said he was unsure what was happening about the mobile police station. He would investigate and report back. His surgery was a permanent fixture, but there might be a change of hours.

 

The Chairman thanked the members of the police and reconvened the meeting.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

17

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

18

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

None.

 

 

19

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Archer, seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101126 – 101129) as listed in Appendix B be approved, together with £375 to D Godden (101130).

 

 

20

d

Training & Seminars

 

i.   Clerks Information Day. It was agreed the Clerk attend at a cost of £60 + VAT (cheque 101131).

 

 

 

 

21

 

22

e

Subscriptions

 

i.   Kent Association of Local Councils. It was agreed the subscription be renewed at a cost of £985.

ii.  Action with Communities in Rural Kent. It was agreed the subscription be renewed at a cost of £35.

 

 

10

 

23

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

None.

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL’S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

24

25

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

i.   General Maintenance. Nothing to report.

ii.  Playpark. There had been problems recently with dog fouling under the swings. PCSO Brooks and Area Warden Ami Biringh had been informed. It was suggested self-closing devices be fitted to the gates and the out-of-date notices removed.

 

 

 

 

 

RB

26

b

Allotments

 

The Clerk reported she would get the first allotment cleared as it could not be let. She would meet Green Acre Landscapes on site to discuss what else needed doing and would arrange a meeting of the allotment holders.

 

 

 

 

RB

27

c

Woodland, Lower Upnor

 

The Clerk reported the tree surgeon had not been able to carry out the work on the tree at the rear of 34 Brissenden Close as birds were now nesting in it and Medway Council had asked that permission be sought from Natural England because of the SSSI. She had viewed it with Jane Robertson, who had agreed it should be felled on grounds of safety. The work would now be done after the bird nesting season.

 

 

12

 

28

 

QUALITY PARISH COUNCIL

 

The new criteria had not yet been published.

 

 

13

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

29

a

Traffic Lights, Sans Pareil Roundabout

 

Cllr Miller asked when traffic lights would be installed at the Sans Pareil roundabout on the A228. Cllr Hicks said the scheme was related to the proposed B & Q and park and ride developments and the lights would be linked to the lights at the tunnel approach roundabout.

 

 

 

 

14

 

30

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

 

15

 

31

 

YOUTH

 

The Clerk reported she had spoken to Alan Dennington of the Charlton Athletic scheme and he would be in touch with PCSO Sean Brooks.

 

Cllr Ribbons said he had investigated a container for use as a youth shelter. It would cost £950, with an additional £100 to remove a side; however the edges would be rough. He would make further investigations and report back to the next meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PR

16

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

32

a

Representative’s Report

 

No meeting

 

 

 

 

33

34

35

36

37

b

Projects

 

i.   Wainscott Village sign. On-going

ii.   Cooling Road/Brompton Farm Road corner. No further progress.

iii.  Spring bulbs. On-going.

iv.  Play equipment. On order.

v.   Playpark repaint. To be done after the April school holidays.

 

17

 

KALC/MAC 

 

 

38

a

Representatives’ Report

 

Cllr Moore reported on the meeting held on 23 April. Hoo St Werburgh PC had now joined KALC. There had been new representatives from Cliffe and Cliffe Woods and Cuxton PCs. The major concern amongst parishes was the lack of policing. High Halstow PC had a problem with land divided into plots and subsequent purchase and occupation by travellers, which also affected Cooling parish. The speaker had been Cllr Hicks who had spoken about the Lower Upnor Riverside Project.

 

 

18

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

39

a

Representative’s Report

 

No meeting.

 

 

40

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

The new kitchen was complete.

 

 

41

c

Parish Council Storage Cupboard

 

A quotation of £1,090 had been received from M D Smallwood for a storage cupboard in the room adjacent to the meeting room. It was proposed by Cllr Archer, seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber and agreed the Clerk ask for a revised quotation for construction only and proceed with this, as it was felt the decorative finish could be provided by volunteers.

 

 

 

 

 

RB

19

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

42

a

Police Liaison Committee Representative’s Report

 

Cllr Miller had nothing to add to the discussions held earlier in the meeting with the members of the police.

 

 

43

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller reported he had received no crime messages. A community message reported on a distraction burglary in Rainham; three people had been arrested. The NHW Association were asking members to contribute at least 50 pence per year.

 

 

44

c

Speed Watch

 

The Clerk reported that the Chairman of St James Isle of Grain PC had asked if the proposed meeting could be held in the daytime. The Clerk had asked for dates from WPC Jeffries but had had no response. She asked that the Chairman and Cllr Hicks discuss the entire issue with Inspector Wharfe at the next Rural Liaison meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

DC PH

 

 

20

 

45

 

WEBSITE

 

The Clerk read Mr Stanley’s report:

 

In the past 12 month rolling period, we have had some 27,595 hits on the Frindsbury Extra Parish Council website.  For the last complete month of March, the statistics counted 2,341 hits.  The most popular viewed web pages during the month of March were the More About the Parish; the Links page, as well as the Minutes and Agenda web pages.  

Visitors to the web site that used internet search engines (rather than typing in the address direct) used these search terms the most: “school buildings”, “Goddington” and “allotments”.

 

 

21

 

44

 

CONSULTATION

 

No documents received.

 

 

22

 

45

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None received.

 

 

23

 

46

 

DATE OF ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEEETING

 

As it would be difficult for the Clerk to attend on 22 May, it was agreed to change the date of the Annual Parish Council meeting to Thursday 29 May.

 

 

24

 

47

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.35 pm

 

     


Return to: Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 30 May 2008

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2008 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council