FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to:- Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

C/09/2007/1-23

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 27 SEPTEMBER 2007
AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 8.00 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Trevor Archer

 

 

Cllr Mrs Valerie Archer

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mr David Levy

Footpaths Officer

 

 

Item

Minute number 2007/8

 

Action point

 

 

1

 

199

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

indisposed

 

 

Cllr Paul Ribbons

Away from home

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Hicks and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

 

 

2

 

CODE OF CONDUCT

 

 

 

200

a

Declarations of Interest and Alterations to the Register

 

None.

 

 

 

201

b

Standards Committee

 

The Chairman said that no meeting had been held.

 

 

 

3

 

202

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

 

4

 

203

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 26 JULY 2007

 

It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 26 July 2007 be signed as a true record, with the following amendment:

 

C/07/07/18a(191): penultimate sentence to read “PC Harris was not at the meeting and was leaving.”

 

 

 

5

 

204

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

205

a

Representative's Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow Mr Levy to speak.

 

Mr Levy apologised he had forgotten to do anything about FP126a at Upnor. He was working on most of the paths when he could. He had asked Anne-Marie Behn for markers about dog fouling, more people were allowing their dogs to foul FP 118 and 129 either side of the A289. He had submitted a form about repairs to stiles on FP 118 to Chattenden and was continuously chasing this up. The army had been conducting surveys by Haven Wood.

 

The Chairman thanked Mr Levy and reconvened the meeting.

 

It was agreed the Clerk would contact Medway Council about the stiles. Cllr Miller had walked the path from Cypress Road to Frindsbury Hill and congratulated Mr Levy on how well strimmed it was.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

206

a

Upnor Residents Association

 

The minutes of the Association's last meeting were received. Cllr Moore commented that he had not said that new seats had actually been ordered. The cricket match had raised £700 and a quiz night was planned for 10 November. The Parish Council had been asked if it wanted a table. It was reported that the sign by the toilets and the “welcome” sign were missing. Cllr Moore had been asked to find out about “Private Property” signs on Beacon Hill. As this was in Hoo St Werburgh parish, the Clerk would contact the Clerk to Hoo St Werburgh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

207

b

Environmental Enhancement Project

 

Cllr Hicks said that following the last meeting he had spoken to Marcus Cato of the McComb Partnership about the possibility of his firm's undertaking a costings survey of the plan. Mr Cato had attended the meeting of the group held on 18 September and had said such a survey would cost £1,500. Cllr Hicks proposed that the Council instruct the McComb Partnership to prepare a detailed cost plan, limited to an initial estimate of £1,500. This was seconded by the Chairman and carried unanimously. The Clerk reported she had a meeting scheduled for 2 October with Doug Coleman to discuss submitting a planning application.

 

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

208

i

MC2007/1651: 26 Jarrett Avenue : Side/rear extension and loft conversion (demolition of existing conservatory)

 

No objection

 

 

209

ii

MC2007/1649: Manor Farm Barn Site, Frindsbury: Town and Country Planning (EIA) Regulations 1999 for a screening opinion to determine the need for an

 

 

 

environmental statement to accompany a planning application for the development of 2.8 hectares of land for residential development, change of use and alterations for the restoration of Manor Farm Barn and surrounding buildings together with associated car parking and environmental improvements.

 

After discussion it was agreed to respond that an environmental impact statement should be carried out, which was felt to be even more important in a rural area.

 

 

210

iii

MC2007/1713 : 2 Boyd Business Park, Whitewall Road, Medway City Estate: Erection of a 2.4 metre high boundary fence and gates around car park

 

No objection

 

 

211

iv

MC2007/1688 : 3 Admiralty Terrace, Upnor: Alteration to ground floor/new 1st floor

 

No objection

 

 

212

v

MC2007/1690 : 2 Admiralty Terrace, Upnor: Alteration to ground floor/new 1st floor

 

No objection

 

 

213

b

Decisions

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were noted.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

214

i

Manor Farm

 

Nothing to report

 

 

215

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

216

e

Minutes of the Planning Committee held on 13 September

 

Received.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

217

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

218

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

The cheques drawn since the last meeting as listed on the agenda were ratified.

 

 

219

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101079 – 101081) as listed in Appendix B be approved, with the addition of £83.23, British Telecommunications (cheque 100082); £380, D Godden (Green Acre Landscapes), (cheque 101083) and £22.02, reimbursement expenses, Wendy Williams, Assistant Footpaths Officer (cheque 101084).

 

10

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

 

220

a

Relate

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed that a grant of £50 be made under S137 of the LGA 1972 (cheque 101085)

 

 

221

b

BTCV Tree Warden Scheme

 

It was proposed by Cllr Hicks, seconded by Cllr Moore and agreed a grant of £100 be made under S111 of the LGA 1972 (cheque 101086).

 

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL'S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

222

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

i  The new swing seats had arrived and would be fitted the following week.

ii  Green Acre Landscapes had suggested the Brompton Farm Road hedge should be brought down to 5 feet. This was agreed.

 

 

223

b

Woodland

 

Nothing to report

 

 

224

c

Green, Lower Upnor

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

225

d

Noticeboards

 

The noticeboards were being re-stained and the doors re-fitted.

 

 

226

e

Allotments

 

Two allotment holders would be giving up by the end of the year. Enquiries were regularly received but the inaccessibility by car put applicants off.

 

 

12

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

227

a

Vehicle Activated Speed Signs

 

The Chairman reported he had spoken to Keith Hanshaw and had asked for the speed sign to be adjusted.

 

 

13

 

228

 

LIGHTING

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber had noticed a light out in Hollywood Lane. She would take its number and report it.

 

 

14

 

229

 

YOUTH

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

15

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

 

230

a

Representative's Report

 

The Chairman said there had been two meetings since the last Parish Council meeting. Eon had a community fund for projects on the Peninsula. Geoff Waters had spoken on rural youth work, Catherine Smith on the Villager bus and Inspector Robin Wharfe on the PCSOs, mobile police station and Speedwatch. Presentations had been made at the September meeting by Mark Dent, Head of Corporate Bidding; by Keith Hanshaw on the A228 speed cameras and by Brian McCutcheon on the Chattenden development. Michael Parkes was no longer involved. A major company was about to be instructed to market the MoD landholdings. Mr McCutcheon had suggested a workshop, which he would facilitate, for all parishes on the Peninsula to investigate planning gains. There had also been an update on the Eon fund.

 

 

 

 

231

 

 

 

232

 

233

 

b

Projects

 

Seats, Lower Upnor. Park Leisure had quoted £708 each to replace 2 seats and the same unit cost to replace all 4 seats and re-locate the 2 better seats elsewhere in the village. It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed to purchase 4 seats.

ii  Wainscott Village sign. On-going.

iii Cooling Road/Brompton Farm Road corner. Catherine Smith had mentioned a landscape architect working for Medway Council and the Clerk would approach him.

 

16

 

KAPC/MAC

 

 

234

a

Representatives' Report

 

Cllr Moore reported on the last meeting. Catherine Smith had been the guest speaker.

 

 

17

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

235

a

Representative's Report

 

No meeting

 

 

236

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber was obtaining quotations for replacement doors in the kitchen and shelves in the store room. She was investigating the possibility of a new cooker. The hooks on the curtains were totally inadequate and she was in discussions with Apollo Blinds.

 

 

18

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

237

a

Police Liaison Committee Representative's Report

 

Cllrs Miller reported on the last meeting. Details of PACT had been passed round for inclusion in parish magazines. Kent Key Link had been discussed. The police were looking for “mystery shoppers” to visit Kent Police front counters. Cllr Miller had attended the open day at the new police station. The parish had a new PCSO, Sean Brooks. The October meeting had been cancelled and the next meeting was on 4 February 2008 as there was to be a survey of Hoo residents.

 

238

 

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller had attended the AGM. The speaker had been from Special Branch and had spoken about distraction burglaries. No crimes had been reported in the last two months. He had seen a mini motor bike in Iden Road. PC Haddaway had confirmed the October meeting had been cancelled and said he thought the liaison meetings were being discontinued. Cllr Hicks was concerned that after Cllr Mrs Bamber's intervention and subsequent continuation of the meetings, they would now be discontinued. He suggested that through Rural Liaison the matter be brought up again with the police.

 

 

239

c

Speed Watch

 

The Clerk reported that WPC Jeffries, the beat officer for the eastern end of the Peninsula had been asked by Inspector Robin Wharfe to take this on. It was hoped a meeting for councillors and volunteers would be held on a Friday in November.

 

 

 

 

 

19

 

240

 

WEBSITE

 

Nothing to report

.

 

20

 

241

 

STANDING ORDERS

 

A motion to amend Standing Orders, having been proposed and seconded at the July meeting, was put to the vote and carried unanimously.

 

 

21

 

 

CONSULTATION

 

242

 

a

Environment Agency, SE River Basin

 

Received.

 

 

22

 

243

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None.

 

 

23

 

244

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

  

The Chairman closed the meeting at 10.35 pm

  


Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 26 October 2007

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates

Copyright © 2005 - 2007 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council