FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to:- Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

C/01/2007/1-23

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON TUESDAY 23 JANUARY 2007 AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Gordon Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

 

 

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Ms Emma Powell

Groundwork Medway Swale

Items 1-7

 

Mr Alistair Bayford

Groundwork Medway Swale

Items 1-7

 

2 members of the public

 

 

 

Item

Minute number

 

Action point

 

 

1

 

347

 

APOLOGIES

 

An apology for absence was received from

 

 

 

 

Cllr Ken Bamber

At a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

At work

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

indisposed

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

On holiday

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Mrs Etheridge and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

An apology for absence was received from David Levy, Footpaths Officer.

 

 

 

2

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & ALTERATIONS TO THE REGISTER

 

 

 

348

a

Declarations

 

Cllr Moore declared a personal interest in item 8a(iii), planning application MC2007/0077, as living not far from the site.

 

 

 

349

b

Standards Committee

 

The Chairman reported the January meeting had been cancelled and rescheduled for 8 February.

 

 

 

3

 

350

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

Cllr Mrs Etheridge wished to provide an update on Strood market.

 

 

 

4

 

351

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 14 DECEMBER 2006

 

It was proposed by Cllr Hicks, seconded by Cllr Bird and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 14 December 2006 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

352

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

353

a

Representative's Report

 

The Chairman reported he had spoken to Mr Levy about RS93 and Medway Yacht Club. Mr Levy had agreed to walk the path to ensure it was of the correct width. Otherwise there were no problems. The Chairman proposed that W H Smith vouchers be purchased for Mr Levy and Mrs Williams as a gesture of appreciation. This was seconded by Cllr Bird and agreed.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

354

a

Upnor Society

 

The minutes of the last meeting had been circulated. The Clerk read the Secretary's e-mailed report.

 

 

355

b

Environmental Enhancement Project

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow the representatives from Groundwork Medway Swale to speak.

 

Mr Bayford explained his company's position on extra work incurred since the inception of the project. In addition the timetable had not been adhered to and his company's costs had risen. Changes of personnel in some of the partners' organisations had required an extra meeting of the partners that had not been in the original agreement. It had not been envisaged that selection of street furniture would be done at this stage of the project, nor the involvement of their public relations officer.

 

The Chairman thanked Mr Bayford and Ms Powell and reconvened the meeting.

 

Cllr Hicks proposed that the Council agree to pay the additional costs relating to the selection of benches and the press release. Cllr Mrs Etheridge proposed an amendment that the Council should also pay the cost of the extra meeting of partners. This was seconded by Cllr Moore. Discussion followed and Cllrs Hicks and Mrs Etheridge withdrew their motion and amendment. The Chairman proposed that £454 be paid and that Groundwork be expected to absorb the difference. This was seconded by Cllr Bird and carried by 7 votes for and 1 vote against.

 

Cllr Hicks reported on the public consultation exhibition, which had been well attended. Over 50 feed-back forms had been handed in, with a majority of 5 to 1 in favour of the proposals. More forms had been posted back to Groundwork and suggestions and comments had also been made on post-it notes. The ideas that had been put forward were being taken on board and the overall plan amended. Cllr Hicks felt the plan should be phased and that the section from the green to the Arethusa Centre implemented as soon as possible. The section from the Arethusa Centre to the Medway Yacht Club entrance would be the second phase and would be implemented as soon as funds were available. The third phase alongside the Medway Yacht Club would be deferred for the time being as it was important that the Yacht Club were still in partnership before proceeding. This view was endorsed by members and the Chairman proposed that a letter be written to the Commodore. Mr Bayford would be asked to cost the project in three phases as outlined by Cllr Hicks.

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

356

i

MC2007/0032: Land to the west of eastern by-pass A228/A289 (both sides of Hoo Road) Wainscott: An application for A) the variation of conditions 1 (Submission of Reserved Matters), 9 (Archaeology), 10 (Acoustic Mitigation), 11 (Land contamination) and 15 (Scheme of Street Lighting) to allow for the phased submission of reserved matters pursuant to the outline planning permission and subsequent implementation of the development; B) the variation of condition 22 (Vehicular Access Provision and Child/Parent Drop-Off/Collection Point) to enable it to be restricted to land within the applicants control; and C) The removal of Conditions 4 (Details of Hard and Soft Landscaping), Condition 6 (Materials), 7 (Details of Boundary Treatments), 16 (Provision of Additional Land at Wainscott Primary School), 17 (Provision of an access point to Wainscott Primary School) and 21 Junction and Other Highway Improvements) of planning application MC2005/0671 an Outline application for residential development, health centre, retail facilities, parking facilities, open spaces, acoustic barrier, new access and landscaping

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed the response should be as follows:

 

The Parish Council has spoken to Amanda Hutchinson about this application and understands it relates to the phased building and the section 106 agreements. Since members of the Council are not planning professionals and do not know what the Section 106 agreements are, the Council feels unable to comment.

However the Council reserves the right to comment on any other applications on this site, particularly the details of the various phases.

 

 

357

ii

MC2007/0058: Europa House and Jenner House, Trident Close, Medway City Estate: 2m galvanised steel palisade fence and entrance gates

 

No objection

 

 

358

iii

MC2007/0077: Sandacres, Upnor Road, Lower Upnor: Demolition of existing dwelling and construction of 43 dwellings

 

It was agreed to arrange a meeting with the Upnor Society to discuss the application and to defer a decision on the response to the meeting of the Planning committee to be held on 8 February.

 

 

359

b

Decisions

 

None notified.

 

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

360

i

MC2007/0017: Land adjacent to Walmer House, Cypress Court, Frindsbury: Construction of 12 one bed flats in 2 three storey blocks with associated parking and access.

The application site was in Strood North and the Council had not been sent a copy of the plans, although the access (Cypress Road) was in the parish and in responding to the last application on this site the Council had asked to be consulted on any further applications. The member for Strood North would be asked to obtain a copy of the plans for the meeting of the Planning Committee on 8 February and she would let the case officer know that both she and the Parish Council would be considering the plans then.

 

361

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

362

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

363

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

It was proposed by Cllr Hicks, seconded by Cllr Miller and agreed the cheques signed since the last meeting as listed on Appendix B were ratified.

 

 

364

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Hicks, seconded by Cllr Miller and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101020-101024) as listed in Appendix B be approved

 

365

d

“Working with Your Council” Update

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Etheridge, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed the update to “Working with your Council” be purchased for £19.50 (cheque 101025).

 

 

10

 

366

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

No applications received.

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL'S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

367

a

Recreation Ground

 

i   General Maintenance. Four swing seats and chains needed replacing as did the cargo net on one of the climbing frames.

 

368

b

Hedges

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

369

c

Noticeboards

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

370

d

Cooling Road Corner

 

The Chairman and Clerk had not yet met Green Acre Landscapes on site to discuss a new scheme for this area. It was suggested Phil Moore should be included in the meeting.

 

 

12

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

 

371

a

Traffic Scheme, Brompton Farm Road/Hollywood Lane

 

The Chairman reported on a letter sent to residents and the location of the speed indicator device. He had taken this up with Medway Council and the device would now be installed in the original intended position, opposite nos 202/204 Brompton Farm Road.

 

 

 

372

b

Higham Road

 

Residents of Higham Road had sent a petition to Medway Council. A site meeting would be held on 6 February and the Chairman would attend.

 

 

 

373

c

Letter from Allhallows Parish Council re 191 Bus Service

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed to give Allhallows Parish Council full support.

 

 

 

13

 

374

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

14

 

375

 

YOUTH

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

15

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

 

376

a

Representative's Report

 

The Council would be hosting the next meeting to be held on Tuesday 30 January at Hilltop School.

 

 

 

 

377

378

 

 

379

b

Projects

 

i   Seats, Lower Upnor. On-going.
ii  Wainscott Village sign. The designer of the Upnor sign was willing to do a design. It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Etheridge, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed to proceed.
iii Kick wall. Panels to add to the basketball/football goal would be about £1,000 each including installation. It was agreed to order 2 panels.
iv  The Chairman proposed that the balance of £4,000 be earmarked for replanting Cooling corner. This was seconded by Cllr Mrs Etheridge and agreed. Cllr Bird said that a reserve project could be the shaded area at Temple Mill School.

 

16

 

KAPC/MAC

 

 

380

a

Representatives' Report

 

No meeting.

 

 

17

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

381

a

Representative's Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber reported the window shutters had been fitted. The insurance claim had not been received yet. Hire charges had been increased from 1 January. Cllr Mrs Etheridge said that the tea dances were no longer being held in the Corn Exchange and she had suggested the Memorial Hall as an alternative venue.

 

 

381

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said Harvey's would return to complete the snagging on the floor.

 

 

18

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

382

a

Police Liaison Committee representative's report

 

Cllr Miller had not yet received the minutes of the last meeting.

 

 

383

 

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller had not had a crime report since the last meeting. A community message had been received before Christmas about construction site vehicles being stolen to use to ram raid premises. The Co-op had been ram raided and a sixth century pendant had been found in a stolen vehicle.

 

 

384

c

Speed Watch

 

The Chairman reported on a meeting with Cliffe and Cliffe Woods PC. Although nothing had been officially heard by the Council from Hoo St Werburgh PC, the Cliffe and Cliffe Woods Clerk had heard they did not wish to proceed at this time but wanted to wait to see how it went. A flyer asking for volunteers would be put out in both parishes during February. The police co-ordinator had spoken to the Chairman and Clerk just before the commencement of the meeting and a meeting would be set up with both groups on the Peninsula in due course.

 

 

19

 

385

 

 

WEBSITE

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

20

 

386

 

 

CONSULTATION

 

No documents received.

 

21

 

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

 

387

a

Southern Water

 

The letter saying the hosepipe ban had been lifted was received.

 

 

22

 

388

 

ANNUAL PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

 

As this was an election year the normal fourth Thursday in the month would have to be brought forward to comply with the LGA 1972. It was agreed the meeting would be held on Thursday 10 May and that a meeting of the Planning Committee would be held on 24 May if necessary.

 

23

 

389

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

3

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

 

 

340

a

Strood Market

 

Cllr Mrs Etheridge reported that planning permission had been given for a store to be built on the existing market site and Medway Council was seeking a suitable alternative site on which to relocate the market.

 

  

The Chairman closed the meeting at 10.30 pm

 


Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 27 February 2007

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates 01474 822676

Copyright © 2005 - 2007 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council