FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to:- Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

C/10/2006/1-23

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 26 OCTOBER 2006 AT

THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Gordon Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

 

 

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

 

From item 10

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mr David Levy

Footpaths Officer

Items 1-6

 

Item

Minute number

 

Action point

 

 

1

 

204

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

 

Cllr Ken Bamber

indisposed

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

indisposed

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

on holiday

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Hicks and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

An apology for late arrival was received from Cllr Mason.

 

 

 

2

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & ALTERATIONS TO THE REGISTER

 

 

 

205

a

Declarations

 

Cllr Bird declared a personal interest in item 6b, public footpath at Hilltop School, as a governor of the school.

 

 

 

206

b

Standards Committee

 

The Chairman said the next meeting would be held in November.

 

 

 

3

 

207

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

 

4

 

208

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 28 SEPTEMBER 2006

 

It was proposed by Cllr Miller, seconded by Cllr Mrs Etheridge and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 28 September 2006 be signed as a true record.

 

 

 

5

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

 

209

a

C/09/06/6a(160): Footpath Officer's Report

 

Mr Levy's report for the last meeting was read.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

210

a

Representative's Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow Mr Levy to speak.

 

Mr Levy reported that the dog bin on Hollywood Lane would not be replaced because there had been complaints. A bin would be put on the B2000 by FP129 in the near future. FP 118 and 129 either side of the by-pass needed attention but weather conditions had not been suitable. No farmer had yet reinstated his land and he had reported this to Vivienne Kent. He had marked out the route of the path from Lee Green Road through to Chattenden Woods with sticks.

 

The Chairman thanked Mr Levy and reconvened the meeting.

 

Cllr Miller said the path from the Sans Pareil had not been reinstated yet. Cllr Hicks commented that farmers used contractors and the ploughing might not be done by the same people every year. After discussion it was agreed a letter be written to Medway Council asking that the farmers be required to reinstate the paths as quickly as possible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

 

 

 

211

b

Hilltop School Footpath Closure

 

Cllr Bird said that a public meeting would be held, but as yet no date had been fixed. He suggested the three ward members be asked to attend in support of the decision taken by the Parish Council.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

212

a

Upnor Society

 

Cllr Hicks said he had not been able to attend the last meeting. It was not known when they would be removing the hebe.

 

 

213

b

Environmental Enhancement Project

 

The Clerk had a meeting arranged with Emma Powell and her successor on the project, Alistair Bayford. She had made another attempt to contact Lafarge.

 

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

214

i

MC2006/1829: 47 Holly Road, Wainscott: Construction of a 2 storey side extension

 

No objection.

 

 

215

ii

MC2006/1834: 11 Leigh Road, Wainscott: Proposed conversion of existing double garage into kitchen/diner and additional double garage

 

No objection.

 

 

 

b

Decisions

 

 

217

i

MC2005/0671: Land either side of Hoo Road, Wainscott: Outline application for residential development, health centre, retail facilities, parking facilities, open spaces, acoustic barrier, new access and landscaping

 

The application had been approved with conditions, which were listed on Appendix A. The Chairman drew members' attention to conditions 21 and 22.

 

 

216

ii

The remaining decisions as listed on Appendix A were received.

 

 

 

 

217

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

None

 

 

 

 

218

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

219

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

220

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

The cheques drawn since the last meeting as listed on Appendix B were ratified.

 

 

221

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Hicks, seconded by Cllr Mrs Bird and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 100998, 100999) as listed in Appendix B be approved, together with £77 to Clive Stanley (cheque 101000), £150.74 to Southern Water (cheque 101001) and £1,015 to D Godden (cheque 101002).

 

10

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

 

222

a

Physical Disability Team, Community Services

 

The letter from the Community Occupational Therapist was discussed. It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber and seconded by Cllr Bird that a grant of £150 be made. Cllr Etheridge proposed an amendment to £300. This amendment failing to find a seconder, the substantive motion was carried by 8 for, 0 against and 1 abstention. The grant made under S137 of the LGA 1972.

 

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL'S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

223

a

Recreation Ground

 

i  General Maintenance. Cllr Mason was asked to help with obtaining the grass cutting schedule from Kirit Patel. A litter pick was due the following week. The alley from Hughes Drive needed clearing and the Clerk would report this. Cllr Etheridge commented that teenagers were in control of the playpark and some dog walkers were not clearing up after their dogs.

 

 

 

 

RB

 

224

 

 

 

 

 

 

225

 

 

i  Football. The Chairman had spoken to the manager of Strood 97. He had agreed that the goal posts be made removable. The Chairman had also had a meeting with Rochester Rangers and Mr King, who had complained about the safety of the junior goalposts. After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Mason, seconded by Cllr Mrs Etheridge and agreed that the goalposts be replaced. They could be funded from the rural liaison grant.

ii  Litter bin. The bin by the playpark needed replacing but there was an issue with the emptying. Cllr Mason would take this issue up with Medway Council. The bin by the hall was damaged and the Clerk would report this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TM

RB

 

 

 

226

 

227

b

Hedges

i   Frittenden Road. Green Acre Landscapes would submit a quotation for gapping up.
ii   Brompton Farm Road. Green Acre Landscapes would be pruning this hedge in stages throughout the winter.

 

 

228

c

Noticeboards

 

The Clerk would seek a quotation for the replacement of the doors on the noticeboard at Leigh Road, as she was unable to use this board at present.

 

 

 

 

RB

229

d

Cooling Road Corner

 

The Chairman and Clerk would meet Green Acre Landscapes on site to discuss a new scheme for this area.

 

 

 

DC,

RB

230

e

Lower Upnor Green

 

Green Acre Landscapes would be instructed to turf the area once the hebe had been removed. The style and colour of benches would be selected at the Clerk's meeting with Groundwork. Cllr Mason was asked also to establish the mowing regime for the green.

 

 

 

 

 

TM

12

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

231

a

Traffic Scheme, Brompton Farm Road/Hollywood Lane

 

The Chairman reported he was still waiting for news of the flashing sign.

 

 

13

 

232

 

LIGHTING

 

Cllr Bird reported on maintenance work in Brompton Farm Road.

 

 

14

 

233

 

YOUTH

 

It was reported that Jenni Davis was still absent from work. The Youth Club would be starting up again shortly.

 

 

15

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

234

a

Representative's Report

 

The next meeting was in November.

 

 

 

235

 

 

 

 

236

 

 

 

 

237

238

239

 

 

 

 240

 

b

Projects

 

i    “Welcome to the parish” signs. The Chairman said 4 signs would be supplied, to be sited on Brompton Farm Road, B2000, Four Elms Hill and Frindsbury Hill. The Wainscott sign would be replaced in Hoo Road with the new design, but would still say Wainscott rather than Frindsbury Extra.
ii  Spring bulbs. Cllr Mrs Etheridge has received the bulbs. They were much smaller than those purchased by the Parish Council last year and she would be looking into this. Cllr Mason proposed a vote of thanks to Cllr Mrs Etheridge for organising the purchase and planting of the bulbs.
iii Memorial Hall carpet. This was now fitted.
iv 3 seats at Lower Upnor. Already discussed.
v Wainscott Village sign. The Chairman suggested this could be sited in the “Village Square” in the new development. Councillors to consider suitable items to be incorporated in the design The item to remain on the agenda.
vi Other projects. A suggestion was made that bollards could be installed in Higham Road to prevent speeding.

 

16

 

KAPC/MAC

 

 

241

a

Representatives' Report

 

No meeting had been held.

 

 

17

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

242

a

Representative's Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said no meeting had been held.

 

 

243

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

Cllrs Mason and Hicks proposed a vote of thanks to Cllr Mrs Coomber for her work in overseeing the project. Quotations were being obtained to replace the broken windows. This would be covered by insurance. Cllr Hicks was in favour of improved lighting at the front and back of the hall as a deterrent. Cllr Mrs Coomber was seeking quotations for security shutters. Cllr Bamber had offered his ward improvement fund and Cllr Mason said he still had some of his fund available. Catherine Smith had indicated about £3,000 was left from the S106 money and she would be speaking to Brian McCutcheon.

 

 

18

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

244

a

Police Liaison Committee representative's report

 

The next meeting was on 14 November.

 

 

245

 

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller reported on bogus caller burglaries, thefts of booster seats and a theft from a car in Castle Street. A Crime Prevention roadshow was being held during October and there would be a Neighbourhood Watch stand at the event at Hundred of Hoo School on 28 October. Operation Excalibur would be undertaken in the run up to Hallowe'en and Bonfire Night to curb anti-social behaviour. Trading Standards had reported that con men were quoting for building work.

 

 

246

c

Speed Watch

 

Nothing more had been heard from Hoo St Werburgh PC. The Chairman would speak to Cllr Mrs Bamber and the Clerk would speak to the Clerk to Cliffe and Cliffe Woods PC.

 

 

 

DC

RB

19

 

247

 

 

WEBSITE

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

20

 

248

 

CONSULTATION

 

No documents received.

 

 

21

 

249

 

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None.

 

22

 

250

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

23

 

DATE OF DECEMBER MEETING

 

The fourth Thursday in December was 28th . After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Mrs Bird and agreed the December meeting be held on Thursday 14 December.

 

  

The Chairman closed the meeting at 9.45 pm

 


Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 24 November 2006

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates 01474 822676

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council