FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to:- Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

C/10/2006/1-23

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 23 NOVEMBER 2006 AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Ken Bamber

 

Items 1-14

 

Cllr Gordon Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

From item 12b

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

Item

Minute number

 

Action point

 

 

1

 

252

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

 

Cllr Gordon Bird

indisposed

 

 

Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird

indisposed

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

on holiday

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

on holiday

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

at a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Bamber and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

An apology for late arrival was received from Cllr Hicks and for early departure from Cllr Bamber.

 

 

 

2

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & ALTERATIONS TO THE REGISTER

 

 

 

253

a

Declarations

 

None.

 

 

 

254

b

Standards Committee

 

The Chairman gave a report on the last meeting. The Monitoring Officer had given a report on the Standards Conference. She was waiting for the new Code of Conduct before holding a meeting with the clerks. She wanted to attend parish council meetings. Medway members had signed up to a protocol on planning. Parish council members were not affected. The Chairman had mentioned the proposed meeting with the developer on the Wainscott development and would speak to Brian McCutcheon who encouraged developers to talk to parish councils and would ask for a planning officer to be in attendance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DC

 

3

 

255

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

 

4

 

256

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 26 OCTOBER 2006

 

It was proposed by Cllr Miller, seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 26 October 2006 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

257

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

258

a

Representative's Report

 

In Mr Levy's absence there was no report.

 

 

259

b

Hilltop School Footpath Closure

 

Cllr Mrs Hoskin reported on the public meeting. Most people present had been in favour of closure. There had been the expected objection on principle from the Open Spaces Society and from one or two dog walkers.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

260

a

Upnor Society

 

Cllr Moore had attended the last meeting. There was still a problem with anti-social behaviour, and needles had been found behind the public conveniences. The hebe had been removed as far as possible. Double yellow lines had been painted. Events planned for the following year were a cricket match, treasure hunt and quiz night. They had discussed the matter of the pruning of trees by a resident on Taylor Woodrow land with Taylor Woodrow.

 

 

261

b

Environmental Enhancement Project

 

The Chairman reported on a meeting of the partners in the project. The public consultation exhibition would be held on Saturday 13 January at the Arethusa Venture Centre. The street furniture chosen was no longer made but Groundwork was talking to a local firm about manufacture to order. It would be finished in violet blue to match the Taylor Woodrow development.

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

262

a

Applications

 

None.

 

 

263

b

Decisions

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were received.

 

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

264

i

Wainscott Development

 

A meeting with Barton Willmore and Crest Nicholson would be held on Tuesday 28 November at 4 pm in Wainscott Primary School.

 

 

265

ii

Eon

 

Eon UK was holding an exhibition at the Hoo Village Institute on Wednesday 29 November from 10am to 8pm about their proposals to replace the existing power station at Kingsnorth with two new 800MW ‘cleaner coal' units.

 

 

266

iii

Scottish Power

 

Scottish Power were in the early stages of developing a plan to extend Damhead Creek Power Station. They were inviting councillors to public meetings on 24 and 25 November at Hoo St. Werburgh Village Hall.

 

 

267

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

268

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

269

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

None.

 

 

270

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Moore and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101003-101005) as listed in Appendix B be approved, together with £430 to D Godden (cheque 101006) and £136.30 to Senokian Services (cheque 101007).

 

10

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

 

271

a

Victim Support

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Miller and agreed unanimously that a grant of £100 be made under s 137 of the LGA 1972 (cheque 101008).

 

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL'S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

272

 

 

 

 

 

273

 

 

 

 

 

 

a

Recreation Ground

 

i   General Maintenance. Green Acre Landscapes had quoted to erect close boarded fencing at the rear of the hall and to plant pyracantha against it on the hall side. After discussion it was agreed the installation of security shutters meant that a close-boarded fence was of less use but the quotation of £230 to plant pyracantha was agreed.
ii  Football clubs. Rochester Rangers had ordered their goals on the Council's behalf. The Clerk no longer had contact details for Nick Bowden of Strood 97 as he had left Medway Council and she asked the Chairman if he could see Mr Bowden one Sunday and ask him to contact her, so that she could make arrangements for the goal sockets.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DC

 

274

 

 

 

 

275

 

iii Litter bin. The Clerk had asked Green Acre Landscapes to ensure the burnt bin was safe or remove if dangerous. There was little point providing a new bin while different departments within Medway Council were in dispute over the emptying.
iv  Meeting with Paul Schmoeger. Mr Schmoeger had not yet responded to the request for a meeting. It was agreed to approach the portfolio holder.

 

 

 

 

KB

RB

 

 

276

 

 

b

Hedges

i  Frittenden Road. Green Acre Landscapes had submitted quotations of £484.87 (smaller plants) and £731,62 (larger plants) for gapping up. After discussion it was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Mrs Hoskin and agreed to accept the quotation for smaller plants.

 

277

c

Noticeboards

 

Green Acre Landscapes had quoted £300 to repaint the noticeboards with a wood preservative finish and £75 to supply and fit new doors to the noticeboard at Leigh Road. These quotations were accepted.

 

 

278

d

Cooling Road Corner

 

The Chairman and Clerk had not yet met Green Acre Landscapes on site to discuss a new scheme for this area.

 

 

12

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

279

a

Traffic Scheme, Brompton Farm Road/Hollywood Lane

 

The Chairman reported the flashing sign would be installed by 31 March 2007, but EDF would be linking up the electricity and it would not be functional until this had been done.

 

 

280

b

Parking, Wainscott Road

 

The letter from Ron Shaw to Cllr Mrs Bamber was noted. Cllr Bamber said it should have been addressed to him. Cllr Hicks said he felt the content of the letter was not helpful.

 

 

13

 

281

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

14

 

282

 

YOUTH

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

15

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

283

a

Representative's Report

 

The Chairman reported on the last meeting. There had been an update on “The Villager” bus and its future funding. Martin Hall had made a presentation on the countryside and open space strategy . There had been a presentation on the Local Transport Plan and work programme. The Chairman reminded members that the Council was hosting the next meeting, which would be on 30 January 2007 at Hilltop School. All members were invited and there would be an opportunity for a presentation on the work of the Council.

 

 

 

284

 

285

 

 

286

b

Projects

 

Seats, Lower Upnor. This project had been reported under item 7b.
ii  Wainscott Village sign. If the opportunity arose, this would be mentioned at the meeting with Barton Willmore. The item to remain on the agenda.
iii Other projects. The planting at the rear of the hall and at Frittenden Road and Cooling Road/Brompton Farm Road would be included as projects. Cllr Mrs Hoskin suggested work to the cupressus leylandii trees fronting Hollywood Lane. After discussion it was agreed the Clerk ask Mike Sankus to contact Cllr Mrs Hoskin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RB

16

 

KAPC/MAC

 

 

287

a

Representatives' Report

 

Cllr Moore reported on the last meeting. There had been reports from Cliffe and Cuxton about anti-social behaviour. There had been complaints that if vandalism was reported, there was no attendance by the police.

 

 

17

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

288

a

Representative's Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said no meeting had been held.

 

 

289

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said she was anxious to get the shutters in place but a 50% deposit was required. The Clerk had spoken to Medway Council. The ward improvement fund money promised by Cllrs Bamber, Mason and Wicks for the shutters would be paid to the Parish Council who would order them. The Chairman would speak to Brian McCutcheon about the phasing of the rest of the S106 money and the amount and timing of that from the new development. These monies are expected to total around £150,000.

 

 

18

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

290

a

Police Liaison Committee representative's report

 

Cllr Miller had not attended the last meeting.

 

 

291

 

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller that there had been a burglary in Lingley Drive. There had been a spate of thefts of satellite navigation systems from vehicles.

 

 

292

c

Speed Watch

 

The item would be placed on the agenda for the next meeting of Hoo St Werburgh Parish Council, for joining in principle.

 

 

19

 

293

 

 

WEBSITE

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

20

 

 

CONSULTATION

 

 

294

a

Medway NHS Primary Care Trust – Fit for the future discussion event

 

Noted.

 

 

21

 

295

 

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None.

 

22

 

296

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 10.15 pm

 


Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 19 December 2006

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates 01474 822676

Copyright © 2005 - 2006 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council