FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

C/03/2006/1-26

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 23 MARCH 2006 AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Gordon Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mr David Levy

Footpaths Officer

Items 1-6

 

Item

Minute number

 

Action point

 

 

1

 

468

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

 

Cllr Ken Bamber

attending a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

at work

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

attending a meeting on behalf of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

on holiday

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

indisposed

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Bird and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

 

 

2

 

 

469

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND ALTERATIONS TO THE REGISTER

 

None.

 

 

 

3

 

470

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

 

4

 

471

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 23 FEBRUARY 2006

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 23 February 2006 be signed as a true record.

 

 

 

5

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

 

 

472

a

C/02/06/5a(417): War Dead

 

Deferred in Cllr Miller's absence.

 

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

473

a

Representative's Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow Mr Levy to give his report.

 

Mr Levy said he had had permission from Vivienne Kent to have the strimmers serviced. FP118 from the B2000 to Lodge Hill camp had been waymarked with new arrows and tape and the routes across farmland had been identified. Requests had been made for dog bins to be placed on FP118 at its junction with the B2000 and on the FP129 at Higham Road. The footpath across farmland at Four Elms Hill had not been properly reinstated. Mr Levy commended Wendy Williams for her efforts in picking up litter.

 

The Chairman thanked Mr Levy for his report and reconvened the meeting.

 

The provision of dog bins was discussed and it was agreed to ask Medway Council for bins at the sites indicated by Mr Levy. A letter of thanks would be sent to Mrs Williams and she would be supplied with black sacks and any other necessary equipment.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

474

a

Upnor Society Report

 

In the absence of a representative of the Upnor Society, there was no report. Cllr Moore had nothing else to report.

 

475

b

Environmental Enhancement Project

 

Cllr Hicks said his visit to the Land Registry was still outstanding.

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

476

i

MC2006/0404: Land at The Grange, Town Road, Cliffe: Change of use from arable/orchard to grazing. To include fenced paddock and stable

 

No objection.

 

 

 

b

Decisions

 

 

477

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were received.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

478

i

MC2003/1301: Land between Vanguard Way (A289) and George Summers Close, Medway City Estate

 

The pre-inquiry meeting to be held on 28 March was noted

 

 

479

ii

MC2005/0662: appeal ref APP/A/2280/A/06/2009292WF: 41 Rolvenden Road, Wainscott: Construction of 2-storey rear extension, single storey front extension with roof over existing porch and attached garage to facilitate conversion into two dwellings

 

 

 

Reiterate previous comments.

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

 

480

i

Medway Sailing Club

 

No objections.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

481

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

482

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

The cheque drawn since the last meeting as listed on Appendix B was ratified.

 

 

483

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

The accounts for payment (cheques 100947 - 100950) as listed in Appendix B were approved, with the addition of £72.05, British Telecommunications (100951), £176.00, Clive Stanley (cheque 100952) and £169.20, Secom (cheque 100953)..

 

 

10

 

484

 

 

GRANTS

 

No applications received.

 

 

11

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

485

a

Traffic Scheme, Brompton Farm Road/Hollywood Lane

 

The Chairman reported that he had been in touch with Keith Hanshaw but there was no progress. Members expressed their concern.

 

 

486

b

Cooling Road Corner

 

The Clerk reported she had not heard back from Simon Swift.

 

 

12

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL'S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

487

 

488

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

i  General Maintenance. The Clerk had heard from Dick Dingwall and had given him a list of work to undertake.

ii  Brompton Farm Road Hedge. Nothing further had been heard from Simon Swift.

 

 

 

 

489

b

Woodland and Green, Lower Upnor

 

Walnut. Permission had been given under the TPO to have the work specified in the report carried out. For this species of tree it should be done when in full leaf and Keven Watt, tree surgeon would do this towards the end of May.

 

490

 

 

ii  Conifers. These had been removed.

 

 

 

13

 

491

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

14

 

YOUTH

 

 

 

492

a

Youth Worker

 

Jenni Davis would attend the Annual Parish Meeting.

 

 

 

493

b

Youth Shelter Light. Nothing further had been heard from the MHS funding team. Jenni Davis would be asked to pursue this on behalf of the Council.

 

 

 

15

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

 

494

a

Representative's Report

 

The Chairman reported on the meeting held on 21 March. Catherine Smith had spoken on rural tourism activities. It had been reported that GoVia was taking over from Connex SE. There would be an additional peak service from Faversham to Cannon Street but nothing had been said about the Victoria service. An update had been given on the Medway Valley line. The Local Transport Plan covered the period to 2011 and improvements to the A228 to Grain had been reported on. Cllr Coomber had been the only nominee as parish representative on the Standards Committee. Revised dates for meetings 2006/7 had been announced and he had offered that the Council host the meeting on Tuesday 30 January 2007. A local school would be approached, as the Memorial Hall would be unavailable.

Cllr Hicks then reported on the annual open meeting, which had been attended by several councillors and the Clerk. The Chairman had not attended due to feeling indisposed. The Deputy Harbourmaster had spoken on the Medway Ports and Michael Parkes on the Chattenden development.

 

 

 

 

 

495

 

 

 

496

 

 

b

Projects

 

i  “Welcome to the parish” signs. The Chairman reported that he understood Robin Cooper was aiming to standardise signs for the various towns and that Ron Shaw had promised to speak to Robin Cooper. Cllr Hicks said the signs were due to be put up in a few weeks.

ii  Other projects. The Clerk had not yet been informed of the allocation for 2006/7. It was thought the number of PCSOs would be increased over the next two years but it was unclear how they would be funded. The Clerk said she thought Cllr Mrs Etheridge wished to continue with planting more daffodils.

 

 

16

 

KAPC/MAC

 

 

497

a

Representative's report

 

Neither representative had been able to attend the last meeting.

 

17

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

498

a

Representative's Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber reported the booking clerk had raised the fact that with the new premises licence, it had proved impossible to clear up in 15 minutes and consideration was being given to asking if the former hours could be reverted to. The hire charges would have to increase.

 

 

499

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

The Chairman reported that the Section 106 money would be placed in the Council's account so that all invoices could be dealt with by the Council. The first tranche will be paid in the next financial year. Other sums should follow.

 

 

18

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

500

a

Police Liaison Committee representative's report

 

In Cllr Miller's absence there was no report.

 

 

501

 

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

The Chairman reported on Cllr Miller's behalf that there had been one reported crime in Frittenden Road that had involved a bogus caller.

 

 

502

c

Speed Watch

 

The Clerk reported that Cliffe and Cliffe Woods PC would like to proceed but that no response had been received from Hoo St Werburgh PC

 

 

19

 

503

 

WEB SITE

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

20

 

504

 

ANNUAL PARISH MEETING

 

The Annual Parish Meeting was confirmed as being held on Monday 24 April.

 

 

21

 

CONSULTATION

 

 

505

a

Draft Regeneration Framework

 

The Chairman reported there was little on the rural area.

 

 

22

 

506

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None.

 

 

23

 

507

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

24

 

508

 

RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE THE PRESS AND PUBLIC

 

It was proposed by the Chairman, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed the press and public should be excluded from the following item on the grounds that it was a legal matter.

 

 

25

 

507

 

RETAINING WALL, MARGETT'S PLACE

 

The report from the Council's solicitor was received. He would be instructed to continue with the matter.

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.50 pm

 


Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 16 May 2006

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates 01474 822676

Copyright © Frindsbury Extra Parish Council 2005- 2006