FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

C/01/2006/1-26

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 23 FEBRUARY 2006 AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Gordon Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

Item

Minute number

 

Action point

 

 

1

 

412

 

APOLOGIES

 

Apologies for absence were received from

 

 

 

 

Cllr Ken Bamber

attending a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

at work

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

attending a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

attending a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

attending a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

indisposed

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Mrs Coomber and carried unanimously that these apologies be accepted by the Council.

 

An apology for absence was also received from Rita Bishop, Upnor Society.

 

 

 

2

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND ALTERATIONS TO THE REGISTER

 

 

 

413

a

Declarations

 

Cllr Bird declared a personal interest in item 9a(ii), planning application for Hilltop School, as a governor of the school.

 

 

 

414

b

Standards Committee Parish Representative

 

It was proposed by Cllr Miller, seconded by Cllr Mrs Bird and agreed the Council nominate Cllr Coomber as a parish representative to the Standards Committee of Medway Council.

 

 

 

3

 

415

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

 

4

 

416

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 26 JANUARY 2006

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Bird, seconded by Cllr Miller and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 26 January 2006 be signed as a true record.

 

 

5

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

 

417

a

C/01/06/5a(357): War Dead

 

Cllr Miller reported that a request for information had been placed in the church magazine.

 

 

418

b

C/01/06/17c(397): Committee Room Chair

 

Cllr Bamber had arranged for this to be reupholstered.

 

 

419

c

C/01/06/21(403): Meeting Days

 

Cllr Bamber had sent the Clerk the proposed Medway Council meeting days for 2006/7 and it would not be necessary to consider altering the Parish Council meeting days.

The Chairman requested that the date for the Annual Parish Council Meeting in May be brought forward to 11 May and this was agreed. The Annual Parish Meeting would be held on Monday 24 April and it was agreed not to hold an ordinary meeting of the Council in April.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

420

a

Representative's Report

 

In David Levy's absence, there was no report.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

421

a

Upnor Society Report

 

In the absence of a representative of the Upnor Society, there was no report. It was understood they were holding their AGM that evening.

 

422

b

Environmental Enhancement Project

 

The Chairman reported that Cllr Hicks was expecting go to the Land Registry in the near future.

 

8

 

YOUTH

 

 

423

a

Youth Worker's report

 

In Jenni Davis's absence, there was no report.

 

 

424

b

Youth Shelter Light. Nothing further had been heard from the MHS funding team and the intention had been to ask Jennis Davis to pursue this on behalf of the Council.

 

 

9

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

425

i

MC2006/0129: 92 Hollywood Lane, Wainscott: Single storey rear extension and refurbished loft rooms and existing front dormer (demolition of conservatory)

 

No objection.

 

 

426

ii

MC2006/0180: Hilltop School, Hilltop Road, Wainscott: Application under regulation 3 of the Town and Country Planning General Planning Regulations 1992 for a single storey rear extension (resubmission of MC2005/1376)

 

No objection.

 

 

427

iii

MC2006/0151: Cleanaway Depot, Whitewall Road, Medway City Estate: Application for the continued use of land for the siting of portable buildings

 

No objection

 

 

428

iv

MC2006/0185: Unit 1, Whitewall Road, Medway City Estate: Change of use from warehouse and distribution (B8) to general industry (B2)

 

No objection

 

 

429

v

MC2006/0225: The Stables, Noke Street Farm, Haven Street, Wainscott: Rear conservatory

 

No objection

 

 

 

b

Decisions

 

 

430

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were received.

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

431

i

MC2005/0048: Land rear of 29-30 Albion Place, Lower Upnor: Outline application for the erection of one detached dwelling with ancillary parking

 

It was noted that the appeal against refusal of planning permission had been dismissed.

 

 

432

ii

Medway Council's Building Height Policy

 

Noted.

 

 

433

iii

Local Development Framework Presentation

 

The presentation to be given by Brian McCutcheon and Michael Parkes to the open meeting of the Rural Liaison Committee was noted.

 

 

434

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

10

 

FINANCE

 

 

435

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

436

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

None

 

 

437

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

The account for payment (cheques 10094, £470.25) as listed in Appendix B was approved, with the addition of £35.00, Action for Communities in Rural Kent (100944) and £58.75, Allotment and Leisure Gardeners Society) (cheque 100945).

 

 

438

d

Training and Seminars

 

i. Planning Information Day. Noted
 ii. Chairman's Training. It was agreed the Chairman would attend the training day on 29 March.

 

 

11

 

439

 

 

GRANTS

 

No applications received.

 

 

12

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

440

a

Traffic Scheme, Brompton Farm Road/Hollywood Lane

 

The Chairman said he would chase this up.

 

 

441

b

Cooling Road Corner

 

The Clerk reported on her meeting with Simon Swift. It was unclear whether this area came under greenspaces or highways. Mr Swift would investigate.

 

 

442

c

B2000

 

The Chairman reported that work on the junction of the B2000 and A289 slip road would start on 27 February.

 

 

13

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL'S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

443

 

444

 

445

 

 

446

a

Recreation Ground and Hedges

 

i   General Maintenance. Nothing to report.
ii   Fence behind 4 Burnt House Close. The “hole” was being filled in and the fence could be erected.
iii   Litter and dog bins. The dog bin had been set on fire. Medway Council had replaced it with a second-hand bin. There was still an issue with the emptying of a litterbin by the youth shelter.
iv  Brompton Farm Road Hedge. This had been discussed with Simon Swift who would approach highways.

 

 

 

447

 

448

b

Woodland and Green, Lower Upnor

 

i    Walnut. The Clerk had applied under the TPO to have the work specified in the report carried out.
ii    Conifers. Dick Dingwall had been instructed to carry out the work.

 

 

 

14

 

449

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

15

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

 

450

a

Representative's Report

 

No meeting had been held.

 

 

 

 

 

451

 

452

 

 

 

b

Projects

 

i   “Welcome to the parish” signs. The Chairman had not yet contacted the officer responsible.
ii    Other projects. Cllr Bird suggested projects could link in with the Medway ward members' ward improvement funds. The Chairman said he understood there was a device with a high pitch that was audible only to young people that could be installed at the hall. A discussion followed about the suitability of such a device as the hall was used by many youth groups.

 

16

 

KAPC/MAC

 

 

453

a

Representative's report

 

Neither representative had been able to attend the last meeting.

 

 

17

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

454

a

Representative's Report

 Cllr Mrs Coomber said the next meeting was the following Monday. The shutter on the Committee Room window needed servicing and it was agreed the Council as the main users of the room would bear the expense of this.

 

 

455

b

Hall Extension

 

The Chairman reported that quotations had been received and that Catherine Smith was writing a paper to put to Brian McCutcheon.

 

 

18

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

456

a

Police Liaison Committee representative's report

 

Cllr Miller said he had received the minutes of the November meeting. A meeting had been held on 7 February which had been attended by PC Tim Harris and WPC Caroline Pope. WPC Pope was full time. The crime figures had been reported. The mobile police station was now enabled and would be available on the peninsula for two days every three weeks. It would start in Cliffe.

 

457

 

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller said the only messages he had received had been about vehicle crime in Frittenden Road, Benenden Road and Leigh Road. John Haddaway had asked for the Neighbourhood Watch signs to be cleaned and there had been an offer to replace the signs that were old and unreadable. A scam to do with rearranging a bogus delivery using a premium rate telephone number had been reported. Any paperwork should be forwarded to Trading Standards. The Medway NHW website was up and running.

 

 

458

c

Speed Watch

 

Apart from an e-mail from Sue Negus saying that the police co-ordinator would be in contact, nothing had happened. It was agreed the Council approach both Cliffe and Cliffe Woods and Hoo St Werburgh Parish Councils to see if they would be interested in proceeding.

 

 

459

d

E-mail from Chief Constable

 

Noted.

 

 

19

 

460

 

WEB SITE

 

It was suggested a link be made to the church and parish hall.

 

 

20

 

461

 

TELEPHONE

 

The Clerk reported that the answer machine part of the Council's telephone had ceased to work. A new wireless telephone with messaging would cost about £80. It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Mrs Bird and agreed that a new telephone be purchased.

 

 

21

 

462

 

QUALITY PARISH COUNCIL

 

Deferred to a future meeting.

 

 

22

 

463

 

 

CONSULTATION

 

No documents received.

 

23

 

464

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

None.

 

 

24

 

465

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

25

 

466

 

RESOLUTION TO EXCLUDE THE PRESS AND PUBLIC

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by the Chairman and agreed the press and public should be excluded from the following item on the grounds that it was a legal matter.

 

 

26

 

467

 

RETAINING WALL, MARGETT'S PLACE

 

The Council's solicitor had not yet supplied a copy of a letter he had written to the nominated representative of the owners of the wall and he would be reminded.

 

 

The Chairman closed the meeting at 8.50 pm. 

 


Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 28 March 2006

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates 01474 822676

Copyright © Frindsbury Extra Parish Council 2005- 2006