FRINDSBURY EXTRA PARISH COUNCIL

Return to:- Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Contact us by email clerk@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

C/12/2006/1-23

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON THURSDAY 14 DECEMBER 2006 AT THE MEMORIAL HALL, HOLLY ROAD, WAINSCOTT AT 7.30 pm

 

PRESENT:

Cllr David Coomber

Chairman

 

 

Cllr Gordon Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Nancy Bird

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Pam Coomber

 

 

 

Cllr Gary Etheridge

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Jane Etheridge

 

 

 

Cllr Peter Hicks

 

 

 

Cllr Mrs Brenda Hoskin

 

 

 

Cllr Tom Mason

 

 

 

Cllr David Miller

 

 

 

Cllr Geoff Moore

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mrs Roxana Brammer

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

In attendance

Mr David Levy

Footpaths officer

Items 8, 6a

 

Item

Minute number

 

Action point

 

 

1

 

297

 

APOLOGIES

 

An apology for absence was received from

 

 

 

 

Cllr Ken Bamber

At a meeting of Medway Council

 

 

 

 

It was proposed by Cllr Coomber, seconded by Cllr Hicks and carried unanimously that this apology be accepted by the Council.

 

An apology for late arrival was received from Mr Levy.

 

 

 

2

 

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & ALTERATIONS TO THE REGISTER

 

 

 

298

a

Declarations

 

Cllr Bird declared a personal interest in item 6b, footpath at Hilltop School, as a Governor of the school.

 

 

 

299

b

Standards Committee

 

No meeting had been held.

 

 

 

3

 

300

 

ANY OTHER BUSINESS OF AN URGENT NATURE

 

None.

 

 

 

4

 

301

 

MINUTES OF THE MEETING HELD ON 23 NOVEMBER 2006

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Mrs Hoskin and agreed that the minutes of the meeting held on 23 November 2006 be signed as a true record, subject to the deletion of Cllr Bird from those listed as being present.

 

 

 

5

 

302

 

MATTERS ARISING

 

No matters were raised.

 

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

303

a

Representative's Report

 

Deferred to Mr Levy's arrival.

 

 

304

b

Hilltop School Footpath Closure

 

Cllr Bird reported that the inspector had allowed the closure of the footpath at Fulston Manor School in Sittingbourne. He asked that the Medway councillors push the matter of the Hilltop footpath forward.

 

 

7

 

UPNOR

 

 

305

a

Upnor Society

 

Cllr Moore said there had been no meeting and no report had been received from the Secretary of the Society. He reported that double yellow lines by the new development had not made any difference. Cllr Hicks reported that patch repairs had been carried out on the whole of Upnor Road.

 

 

306

b

Environmental Enhancement Project

 

The public consultation exhibition had been arranged for Saturday 13 January and publicity was organised. The Clerk read a letter from Groundwork, claiming additional fees. The feeling of members was that Groundwork had quoted a fixed fee for the project and they should be reminded of the fact. The change of personnel was an internal matter and hand-over costs should not be passed on. A claim was being made for 3 hours for a meeting with the Clerk – she had been there only an hour. The Clerk was instructed to write to Groundwork.

 

8

 

PLANNING

 

 

 

a

Applications

 

 

307

i

MC2006/2052: Pharaoh House, Arnolde Close, Medway City Estate: Construction of access ramp and steps.

 

No objection

 

 

308

ii

MC2006/2066: Land fronting Sir Thomas Longley Road, Medway City Estate: Approval of the reserved matters (siting, design, external appearance, access and landscaping) pursuant to outline permission MC2005/0587 for construction of two warehouse buildings with offices; parking area; service yards and access from Arnolde Close.

 

No objection

 

 

309

iii

MC2006/2067: Land fronting Sir Thomas Longley Road, Medway City Estate: Approval of the reserved matters (siting, design, external appearance of the buildings, and landscaping) pursuant to Outline application MC2005/0586 for the construction of two warehouse/industrial buildings with associated access.

 

No objection

 

 

310

iv

MC2006/2168: Medway Yacht Club, Lower Upnor: Construction of a single storey side extension to existing boat storage building.

 

No objection

 

 

311

v

MC2006/1264: 14 Thirlmere Close, Wainscott: First floor side extension.

 

No objection

 

 

312

b

Decisions

 

The decisions as listed on Appendix A were received.

 

 

 

 

c

 

Appeals and Other Matters

 

 

313

i

Wainscott Development

 

The Chairman reported on the meeting with Barton Willmore and Crest Nicholson on 28 November. The case officer had been in attendance. Various points had been raised, including the proposed number of dwellings which far exceeded the number in the local plan. Barton Willmore's contention was that figures mentioned in local plans were only guidelines. During a conversation between the Chairman and the case officer after the close of the meeting, the case officer referred to a similar claim in an appeal that was ongoing. She hoped the inspector would clarify the situation in his report that was due at the end of December. It had been agreed that the Chairman and Clerk would have a meeting with her in the new year.

 

 

314

ii

Kent Minerals Development Framework Development Plan documents: Submission of Minerals Strategy

 

Received.

 

 

315

iii

Medway LDF: Strategic Location Representations

 

The Chairman would read the document.

 

 

316

 

 

d

Licensing Applications

 

None.

 

 

As Mr Levy had arrived, it was agreed to take the deferred item next.

 

6

 

FOOTPATHS

 

 

317

a

Footpath Officer's Report

 

The Chairman suspended the meeting to allow Mr Levy to speak.

 

 

Mr Levy reported that a dog bin was now in place on the B2000. The footpaths had now been reinstated by the farmers and the steps at Four Elms replaced. Mr Levy was completing a survey sent by Medway Council. Phil Moore had set up a meeting for footpath officers and volunteers but had not arrived for the meeting. Mr Levy had sent a letter of complaint to the Chief Executive and had received an unsatisfactory reply.

 

The Chairman thanked Mr Levy and reconvened the meeting.

 

A vote of thanks was proposed to Mr Levy and Mrs Williams for all the work they had done during the year.

 

 

9

 

FINANCE

 

 

318

 

a

Bank Balances

 

The bank balances as listed on appendix B were noted.

 

 

319

b

Cheques Signed Since the Last Meeting

 

None.

 

 

320

c

 

 

Accounts for Payment

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Bird, seconded by Cllr Moore and agreed the accounts for payment (cheques 101010-101014) as listed in Appendix B be approved, together with £320 to D Godden (cheque 101016) and £1,205 to A R Dingwall (Landscapes) (cheque 101017).

 

321

d

Budget 2007/8

 

A draft budget had been circulated prior to the meeting. It was proposed by Cllr Etheridge, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed the budget be adopted.

 

 

322

e

Precept 2007/8

 

It was proposed by Cllr Moore, seconded by Cllr Hicks and agreed the precept for the year 1 April 2007 – 31 March 2008 be £19,900.

 

 

10

 

323

 

 

GRANT APPLICATIONS

 

No applications received.

 

11

 

MANAGEMENT OF THE COUNCIL'S LAND AND PROPERTY

 

 

 

 

324

 

 

 

325

a

Recreation Ground

 

i  General Maintenance. Cllr Mason had received a complaint about the length of the grass. It was unclear whether this was the area mown by Medway Council or the edge, but in any case it was too wet to cut.
ii  Meeting with Paul Schmoeger. The Chairman reported on a meeting with Medway Council's Playgrounds Officer. Mr Schmoeger had identified 4 sites. The terms of the Section 106 agreements seemed to indicate the monies were for maintenance only in the 3 cases where the developments had been completed. The Chairman had contacted Brian McCutcheon and it appeared that this was the case and no money was currently available.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

326

 

 

b

Hedges

i  Brompton Farm Road. Green Acre Landscapes had started pruning the Brompton Farm Road hedge. This would be done in phases over the winter.

 

 

327

c

Noticeboards

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

328

d

Cooling Road Corner

 

The Chairman and Clerk had not yet met Green Acre Landscapes on site to discuss a new scheme for this area.

 

 

 

329

e

Allotments

 

It was proposed by Cllr Mrs Coomber, seconded by Cllr Etheridge and agreed the allotment rent be increased to £10 per annum from 1 April 2007.

 

 

 

12

 

HIGHWAYS AND TRANSPORT

 

 

 

330

a

Traffic Scheme, Brompton Farm Road/Hollywood Lane

 

The speed indicator device was still pending.

 

 

 

13

 

331

 

LIGHTING

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

14

 

332

 

YOUTH

 

Nothing to report.

 

 

 

15

 

RURAL LIAISON COMMITTEE

 

 

 

333

a

Representative's Report

 

No meeting had been held.

 

 

 

 

334

 

335

 

336

b

Projects

 

Seats, Lower Upnor. No progress.
ii  Wainscott Village sign. The Clerk had mentioned this to the Crest Nicholson representative at the meeting with Barton Willmore.
iii  Other projects. As there was no Section 106 money available, it was proposed by the chairman that the kick wall be extended out of rural liaison grant. The Clerk would obtain a price.

 

16

 

KAPC/MAC

 

 

337

a

Representatives' Report

 

No meeting.

 

 

17

 

HALL MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE

 

 

338

a

Representative's Report

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber reported that she had acted as Chairman for the last meeting, in the absence of both the Chairman and Vice Chairman. There was a bank balance of £1,000. The insurance premium was due the following month and would exceed this amount.

 

 

339

b

Hall Improvements/Extension

 

Cllr Mrs Coomber said that Harvey's had not quite finished.

 

 

18

 

POLICE MATTERS

 

 

340

a

Police Liaison Committee representative's report

 

Cllr Miller had completed a questionnaire sent by the Kent Police Authority.

 

 

341

 

 

 

b

Neighbourhood Watch

 

Cllr Miller said a newsletter had been circulated recently. A poster about the theft of satellite navigation systems from cars was available to put on the noticeboards. The office had been moved to the new police station in Purser Way, Gillingham.

 

 

342

c

Speed Watch

 

Nothing further had been heard from Hoo St Werburgh Parish Council. It was agreed not to wait any longer but to seek a meeting with Cliffe and Cliffe Woods Parish Council.

 

 

19

 

343

 

 

WEBSITE

 

The Webmaster's report was read by the Clerk.

 

In the past rolling 12 month period, we have had some 12,769 hits on the Frindsbury Extra Parish Council website. For the last complete month, November 2006, the statistics counted 1,307 hits. Note that a proportion of these hits were from me accessing the site to upload information or check web site consistency plus internet ‘robot crawlers' visiting the web pages gathering data for indexing or to populate search engines directories. Recent additions have included some seasonal Christmas decorations, a note about the 13 January 2007 Lower Upnor Riverside Project consultation, plus of course the normal PC Meeting minutes and agendas. The most popular viewed web pages during the month of November 2006 were the About the parish; Local Walks and Links web pages. Visitors to the web site that used internet search engines (rather than typing in the address direct) used these search terms the most: Frindsbury; Upper and Lower Upnor; and, “building planning in Upnor”.

 

 

 

20

 

344

 

 

CONSULTATION

 

No documents received.

 

21

 

 

CORRESPONDENCE

 

 

345

a

Invitation to the Lord Lieutenant's Church Service

 

Received.

 

 

22

 

346

 

REPORTS AND CIRCULARS

 

The reports and circulars as listed on the agenda were received.

 

 

 

The Chairman thanked members for their attendance, wished them a happy Christmas and prosperous New Year and closed the meeting at 9.40 pm

 


Return to Home page | Minutes Index | Agendas Index

Website comments or queries? Email the Webmaster: webmaster@frindsburyextra-pc.gov.uk

Last Revised ~ 31 January 2007

Web site design and creation by

Clive Stanley Associates 01474 822676

Copyright © 2005 - 2007 Frindsbury Extra Parish Council